- How to reduce Data Hoarding, get Better Visualizations and Decisions - May 21, 2015.
Creating a hodge-podge of pretty pictures of every datapoint is a guaranteed way to destroy the value of a visualization. We examine how to reduce such data hoarding and improve decisions.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alex Jones, Dashboard, Data Visualization, Linear Discriminant Analysis, PCA
- Causation vs Correlation: Visualization, Statistics, and Intuition - Jan 4, 2015.
Visualizations of correlation vs. causation and some common pitfalls and insights involving the statistics are explored in this case study involving stock price time series.
Alex Jones, Causation, Correlation, Data Visualization, Statistics
- Advanced Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 24, 2014.
A business-level explanation of most important data analytics and machine learning methods, including neural networks, deep learning, clustering, ensemble methods, SVM, and when do use what models.
Alex Jones, Algorithms, Business Analytics, Business Leader, Data Analytics, Ensemble Methods, Neural Networks
- Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 22, 2014.
Learn about a variety of different approaches to data analytics and their advantages and limitations from a business leader's perspective in part 1 of this post on data analytics techniques.
Alex Jones, Algorithms, Business Leader, Classification, Data Analytics, Decision Trees, Linear Programming, Regression
- Top 10 References for applying Big Data and Analytics in Business - Aug 11, 2014.
See how businesses leverage data analytics for great gain to help others understand the business value of data science projects and provide examples to inspire your own data-driven projects.
Alex Jones, Applications, Business Analytics, Business Strategy, Business Value, Data Analytics
- Data Science Skills and Business Problems - Jun 27, 2014.
Discover what skills a data scientist benefits from learning and how the concept of a data scientist, and what businesses expect of them, has developed over time.
Alex Jones, Business Analytics, Data Science Skills, DJ Patil, McKinsey, Unicorn