- KDnuggets: Personal History and Nuggets of Experience - Nov 30, 2021.
After 28+ years of publishing and editing KDnuggets, I am retiring and transitioning KDnuggets to Matthew Mayo, who will become the new editor-in-chief. I want to share with you my story of KDnuggets and highlight some of the useful nuggets of experience I learned along this amazing journey.
- Exclusive: OpenAI summarizes KDnuggets - Oct 23, 2021.
OpenAI has recently done amazing work summarizing full-length books. We have asked OpenAI to summarize two recent KDnuggets posts, and the results have a very human-like quality. Only the last line betrays the inhuman intelligence at work.
- KDnuggets Top Blogs Reward Program - Apr 6, 2021.
To encourage more high-quality and especially original contributions to KDnuggets, we announce KDnuggets Top Blogs Reward program, where we will pay the authors of top blogs published each month, starting with blogs published in May 2021.
- One Million KDnuggets Visitors in March. Wow. - Apr 3, 2021.
KDnuggets has reached an amazing milestone of one million unique visitors in March 2021. We review how we got here.
- Great News for KDnuggets subscribers! You now have access to the WorldData.AI Partners Plan at no cost - Mar 29, 2021.
Great News for KDnuggets subscribers! You now have access to the WorldData.AI Partners Plan at no cost, including access to some of the premium datasets only available to enterprise members. Connect your data to many of 3.5 Billion WorldData datasets and improve your Data Science and Machine Learning models! Subscribe to KDnuggets to get access.
- Data Science Tools Popularity, animated - Jun 25, 2020.
Watch the evolution of the top 10 most popular data science tools based on KDnuggets software polls from 2000 to 2019.
- KDnuggets Cartoon in an English textbook? - Dec 24, 2019.
KDnuggets is not only for learning about AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning. A KDnuggets cartoon has been included in an English language and culture textbook for French high-school students.
- Why write for KDnuggets? Calling for original blogs and new authors - Nov 19, 2019.
KDnuggets is calling for original blogs and contributions from new authors on AI, Data Science, Machine Learning, and related topics. The authors of most popular such blogs in December will be profiled in KDnuggets.
- LinkedIn Top Voices 2018: Data Science & Analytics - Nov 13, 2018.
Meet 10 must-know writers and creators discussing everything from the prominence of Python to the ethical implications of artificial intelligence. Hint - you already know no. 1.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n28, Jul 25: Best (and Free) Resources to Understand Deep Learning; Why Germany did not beat Brazil in the final – Data Science lessons from the World Cup - Jul 25, 2018.
Also 5 Quick and Easy Data Visualizations in Python with Code; Happy 25th Birthday, KDnuggets!
- Happy 25th Birthday, KDnuggets - Jul 23, 2018.
Twenty five years covering Data Mining, Knowledge Discovery in Data, KDD, Predictive Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI - my reflections on 25 years of publishing and editing KDnuggets.
- SuperDataScience Podcast: Insights from the Founder of KDnuggets - Jul 21, 2018.
I talk to Kirill Eremenko about my journey to data science, how KDnuggets started, why you should start honing your machine learning engineering skills at this very moment, what's the future of data science, and more.
- KDnuggets Recognized as a Top Data Science Influencer for 2018 - Apr 24, 2018.
Check out Onalytica's Data Science Influencers Report for 2018, and see where KDnuggets (and others) were ranked.
- KDnuggets – Favorite Data Science / Machine Learning Blog - Mar 12, 2018.
In a recent Kaggle Machine Learning and Data Science Survey, KDnuggets was no. 1 among favorite Data Science Blogs, Podcasts, or Newsletters.
- Get Network insights in Excel with NodeXL - Dec 14, 2017.
NodeXL, the network overview discovery and exploration add-in for the familiar Microsoft Office Excel (TM) spreadsheet brings network functions within the reach of people who are more comfortable making pie charts than writing code. See what NodeXL finds in KDnuggets network and download NodeXL Pro for your analyses.
- KDnuggets now a secure site, change in FB counts, and our most liked content - Oct 31, 2017.
KDnuggets has recently converted to a secure https access which reset our facebook "like" counts. However, we saved the data - see which pages were most liked.
- Data Podcast: Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, KDnuggets President, a top Big Data Influencer - Aug 22, 2017.
An episode of Data Podcast, featuring Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, discussing KDnuggets, trends in Big Data and Machine Learning, Automation of Data Science, Bias in Algorithms and AI, and more.
- Top Influencers for Data Science - Aug 7, 2017.
We report on top influencers in Data science in 2017 and compare with similar reports reports from 2016.
- Big Data 2017: Top Influencers and Brands - May 15, 2017.
Onalytica's Big Data Influencer report for 2017 is here. Check out the names and brands that have made the list this year, and get up to speed on the latest happenings in Big Data.
- Agilience Top Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Authorities - Nov 7, 2016.
Agilience developed a new way to find authorities in social media across many fields of interest. In previous post we reviewed the top authorities in Data Mining and Data science; in this post we review top authorities in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning which includes Vineet Vashishta, Kirk D. Borne, KDnuggets, James Kobielus, Kaggle and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Agilience Top Data Mining, Data Science Authorities - Nov 4, 2016.
Agilience developed a new way to find authorities in social media across many fields of interest. We review the top authorities in Data Mining and Data science, which include KDnuggets, Kirk. D. Borne, Kaggle, Vincent Granville, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science in 2016 - Oct 20, 2016.
Big Data and Analytics became the largest group. Overall engagement rates decline, but liking a post is 6.5 times more common than commenting. Machine Learning & Data Science, KDnuggets, and Data Scientists have the highest engagement levels.
Pages: 1 2
- Top 10 KDnuggets Blog Posts, looking back a year - Oct 11, 2016.
Have a look at our top blog posts of Q4 2015, some of which continue to be among the most popular on our site, while others are still topical and warrant a second look.
- KDnuggets Top Bloggers in August – Gold and Silver badges - Sep 20, 2016.
We recognize KDnuggets Best Bloggers who had the most popular or most shared posts in August 2016. KDnuggets publishes over 100 blogs a month and standing out in such competition is non-trivial.
- KDnuggets part-time, paid internship in Data Science, Data Journalism - Sep 10, 2016.
KDnuggets is looking for graduate students in Business Analytics, Data Science or related topics for a part-time (5-10 hrs/week) paid internship, to help publish the site, do data journalism, and more.
- 5,000 KDnuggets Posts – Examining Our Most Popular Analytics, Big Data, Data Science stories - Apr 25, 2016.
We mark 5000th KDnuggets Post on Wordpress platform and examine our most popular content - most viewed, most shared, and most viral.
- IBM Watson Analytics for social media analysis - Feb 25, 2016.
We explore IBM Watson Analytics features and what it can do with your data set. The IBM Watson Anlaytics social media add on is available for preview until March 1st.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n04, Feb 3: Is Deep Learning Overhyped? Businesses Will Need 1M Data Scientists - Feb 3, 2016.
New Poll: Deep Learning - does reality match the hype?; Is Deep Learning Overhyped?; Businesses Will Need One Million Data Scientists by 2018; KDnuggets New Responsive, Mobile-Friendly Design.
- KDnuggets New Responsive, Mobile-Friendly Design - Feb 2, 2016.
Check KDnuggets new responsive, mobile-friendly design and different new features, including more ways to access our rich content.
- Cartoon: KDnuggets Addiction - Oct 24, 2015.
New Cartoon looks at a serious case of KDnuggets addiction and what can be done about it.
- KDnuggets Milestone: 200,000 unique visitors - Oct 8, 2015.
KDnuggets passes an important milestone - 200,000 unique visitors. How did we do it?
- New KDnuggets Homepage with 2 new dynamic sections - Sep 15, 2015.
New KDnuggets homepage includes 2 new dynamic sections, one which shows top stories from last week and second which shows latest stories in 5 different sections. Your suggestions for further improvement are welcome.
- The 123 Most Influential People in Data Science - Sep 15, 2015.
We used LittleBird algorithm to build a true Data Science influencer network by measuring how often influencers retweet other influencers. Top influencers include @hmason, @kdnuggets, @kaggle, @peteskomoroch, @mrogati, and @KirkDBorne.
- KDnuggets part-time internship in Data Science, Data Journalism - Aug 31, 2015.
Looking for graduate students in Analytics/Data Science or related topics for a part-time (10-15 hrs/week) paid internship.
- Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science – Discussions up, Engagement down - May 4, 2015.
While discussions are growing, the comments and engagements are falling, especially since 2012. We cluster groups into 4 quadrants by activity level and identify most active and engaged groups. Open groups are twice as active as closed.
- Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science – from “Big Bang” to Now - Apr 19, 2015.
We examine top LinkedIn groups in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science from the Big Bang era of group creation to present, and identify the largest groups, the fastest growing groups, and 2 main clusters.
Pages: 1 2 3
- 10 Predictive Analytics Influencers You Need to Know - Mar 5, 2015.
A list of Predictive Analytics Influencers based on Twitter activity around “#PredictiveAnalytics” and “Predictive Analytics”: Gregory Piatetsky, Vineet Vashishta, Aki Kakko and more.
- Top Big Data Influencers and Brands - Feb 2, 2015.
Top Big Data influencers and brands on Twitter, selected by Onalytica based on the Pagerank analysis of Twitter graph.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 21-22: Palantir vs AirBnB – data mining to crack down on AirBnB hosts; AI program can beat almost any human in poker - Jan 23, 2015.
Palantir #datamining used by NYC to crack down on AirBnB hosts; #BigData 2015 Top Brands: @IBMBigData @BigDataExpo @CIOonline @WorldBank @Cloud; #Google #Dataflow pipeline tool can now run on #Spark; Cepheus #AI program can beat almost any human in #poker, even bluffs.
- Update: Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Nov 23, 2014.
We update our analysis of top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science. The largest groups grow faster than smaller ones, the number of discussions is growing, but engagement and comments are declining. Are groups reaching saturation?
- DataReview interview with me on KDnuggets, Data Mining, and Data Science - Aug 20, 2014.
I have recently given an interview to DataReview, an Ukrainian site, where we talked about KDnuggets origins, history of Data Mining, interesting problems I worked on, and typical problems faced by young data scientists.