- A Tour of End-to-End Machine Learning Platforms - Jul 29, 2020.
An end-to-end machine learning platform needs a holistic approach. If you’re interested in learning more about a few well-known ML platforms, you’ve come to the right place!
- How LinkedIn, Uber, Lyft, Airbnb and Netflix are Solving Data Management and Discovery for Machine Learning Solutions - Aug 22, 2019.
As machine learning evolves, the need for tools and platforms that automate the lifecycle management of training and testing datasets is becoming increasingly important. Fast growing technology companies like Uber or LinkedIn have been forced to build their own in-house data lifecycle management solutions to power different groups of machine learning models.
- What’s the Machine Learning Engineering Job Like - Jul 1, 2019.
As a relatively new position, the day in the life of a machine learning engineer or data scientist is still a bit fluid. Find out what is like from people working today at Airbnb, SurveyMonkey, and Instagram.
- Airbnb Rental Listings Dataset Mining - Jan 28, 2019.
An Exploratory Analysis of Airbnb’s Data to understand the rental landscape in New York City.
- What is Minimum Viable (Data) Product? - Jul 12, 2018.
This post gives a personal insight into what Minimum Viable Product means for Machine Learning and the importance of starting small and iterating.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Data Engineering – Part II - Mar 15, 2018.
In this post, I share more technical details on how to build good data pipelines and highlight ETL best practices. Primarily, I will use Python, Airflow, and SQL for our discussion.
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 01-07: Airbnb develops an #AI which converts design into source code - Nov 8, 2017.
Also: One LEGO at a time: Explaining the #Math of How #NeuralNetworks Learn; 6 Books Every #DataScientist Should Keep Nearby; Direct from Sebastian Raschka #Python #MachineLearning book, new edition.
- Advice For New and Junior Data Scientists - Nov 2, 2017.
This article is for people who are already in the field but are just starting out. My goal is to not only use this post as a reminder to myself about the important things that I have learned, but also to inspire others as they embark onto their DS careers!
Pages: 1 2
- Insights from Data mining of Airbnb Listings - Aug 4, 2017.
AirBnB has 2 million listings and operates in 65,000 cities. Here we look at insights related to vacation rental space in the sharing economy using the property listings data for Texas, US.
- Automated Machine Learning — A Paradigm Shift That Accelerates Data Scientist Productivity - Jul 13, 2017.
There is a growing community around creating tools that automate many machine learning tasks, as well as other tasks that are part of the machine learning workflow. The paradigm that encapsulates this idea is often referred to as automated machine learning.
- Choosing Tools for Data ETLs - Aug 9, 2016.
Which tool should I use for my data pipelines? Get some advice from a data scientist recently having gone through this pipeline tool selection process.
- Caravel: Airbnb’s data exploration platform - Apr 13, 2016.
For data exploration, discovery, and collaborative analytics, AirBnB have built and open sourced, a data exploration and dashboarding platform named Caravel. It allows data exploration through rich visualizations while performing fast and intuitive “slicing and dicing” of your dataset.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 22-29: If Hollywood Made Movies About MachineLearning; Data Scientist on Every @AirBNB Leadership Team - Mar 30, 2016.
If Hollywood Made Movies About Machine Learning; Why Airbnb Has a Data Scientist on Every Leadership Team; Very useful guide for Data Cleaning in Python; Data scientist Hilary Mason wants to show you the (near) future.
- Airbnb: Lessons on Digital, Startups, Big Data and Disrupting Markets - Jan 21, 2016.
AirBnB has brought together unmatched supply and demand and allowed for market-driven evaluation of assets. We are sharing lessons learnt from them for digital startups and big data organisations.
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 2-8: Starting salaries for #DataScientists have gone north of $200,000 - Jun 9, 2015.
Starting salaries for #DataScientists have gone north of $200K; Top 20 #Python #MachineLearning #OpenSource Projects; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); #Airbnb announces #Aerosolve, an #OpenSource #MachineLearning #software package.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Apr 12-18: Andrew Ng AMA, Autoencoders, and Deep Learning Textbooks - Apr 23, 2015.
Andrew Ng's AMA, a probabilistic view of Autoencoders, open source sentiment analysis, deep learning textbooks, and Airbnb's host matching are all discussed this week on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 21-22: Palantir vs AirBnB – data mining to crack down on AirBnB hosts; AI program can beat almost any human in poker - Jan 23, 2015.
Palantir #datamining used by NYC to crack down on AirBnB hosts; #BigData 2015 Top Brands: @IBMBigData @BigDataExpo @CIOonline @WorldBank @Cloud; #Google #Dataflow pipeline tool can now run on #Spark; Cepheus #AI program can beat almost any human in #poker, even bluffs.