- 5 things that happened in Data Science in 2018 - Jan 8, 2019.
We review 5 things that happened in Data Science in 2018 and offer 20% discount on Reinforce AI Conference, Mar 20-22 in Budapest.
AI, Budapest, Online Games, OpenAI, PyTorch, Reinforce, Self-Driving Car, Waymo
- When reinforcement learning should not be used? - Dec 6, 2017.
While reinforcement learning has achieved many successes, there are situations when it use is problematic. We describe the issues and how to work around them.
Deep Learning, Online Games, Reinforcement Learning, Self-Driving Car
- Common Sense in Artificial Intelligence… by 2026? - Aug 4, 2016.
An insightful opinion piece on the future of common sense in AI. A recommended read by an authority in the field.
AI, Artificial Intelligence, Future, Geoff Hinton, Online Games, Singularity
- Detecting In-App Purchase Fraud with Machine Learning - Nov 25, 2015.
Hacking applications allow users to make in-app purchases for free. With help from a few big games in the GROW data network we were able to build a model that classifies each purchase as real or fraud, with a very high level of accuracy.
Fraud Detection, Machine Learning, Online Games
- Blizzard: Senior Data Scientist - Sep 25, 2015.
Strong technical background in machine learning, data mining, statistics or a related quantitative field and ability to carry out innovative research and development.
Blizzard, CA, Data Scientist, Irvine, Online Games
- EA: Research Data Scientist - Aug 21, 2015.
Use machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems in the gaming domain; Analyze and extract key insights from EA rich store of gamer and gameplay data.
CA, Data Scientist, EA, Online Games, Redwood City
- Nexon: Sr. Game Analyst - Aug 14, 2015.
Work closely with various internal teams to help drive innovation in our games through analytics, insights and data-driven decisions.
CA, Data Analyst, El Segundo, Nexon, Online Games
- The Big Data EMeetup, as mass online role playing game, July 7 - Jun 15, 2015.
This meetup uses mass multiplayer online role playing platform with live presentations, virtual exhibition halls with virtual booths and enhanced networking capabilities. Free registration.
Big Data, Meetup, Online Games
- Zynga: Senior Data Scientist - Sep 26, 2014.
Working closely with game teams to identify and formalize problems around user modeling, designing and implementing models and algorithms for new problems in Social Gaming.
Data Scientist, Online Games, San Francisco-CA, Social Gaming, Zynga
- Machine Zone: Data Scientist for World’s Largest Mobile MMO - Aug 8, 2014.
Develop and investigate hypotheses, structure experiments and build mathematical models to identify game optimization points that will encourage users to play our games.
Data Scientist, MachineZone, Online Games, Palo Alto-CA
- Unity Technologies: Big Data Backend Engineer - Jul 15, 2014.
This position offers the unique opportunity of building a data intelligence platform on top of an existing but untapped dataset of unprecedented size and fidelity.
Big Data Engineer, Online Games, San Francisco-CA, Unity Technologies
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – April 10 and beyond - Apr 10, 2014.
In-Database Scalable R & Python, Why Analytics Belongs in the Cloud, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Pivotal Big Data Suite, What Is Hadoop and Where Is It Going, Optimizing Player-Matching Algorithms in Online Games, and more.
Hadoop, Online Games, Pivotal, R, SciDB, WCAI, Webcast
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 27 and beyond - Mar 27, 2014.
Best Practices in Predictive Analytics, Best Decision Trees with Angoss 9, Thick Data, In-Database Scalable R and Python, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Algorithms in Online Games, and more.
Hadoop, Online Games, RapidInsight, SciDB, Wharton
- WCAI: Measuring Skill Level and Optimizing Player-Matching Algorithms in Online Games - Mar 26, 2014.
New research opportunity from Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative (WCAI) involves a unique data set from a major gaming company, with historic behavioral data for 9.5 million users who played 882K games. Learn more on Apr 25.
Customer Analytics, Online Games, Optimization, Skills, Video Games, WCAI, Wharton