- Using NLP to improve your Resume - Feb 23, 2021.
This article discusses performing keyword matching and text analysis on job descriptions.
- All you need to know about text preprocessing for NLP and Machine Learning - Apr 9, 2019.
We present a comprehensive introduction to text preprocessing, covering the different techniques including stemming, lemmatization, noise removal, normalization, with examples and explanations into when you should use each of them.
- Towards Automatic Text Summarization: Extractive Methods - Mar 13, 2019.
The basic idea looks simple: find the gist, cut off all opinions and detail, and write a couple of perfect sentences, the task inevitably ended up in toil and turmoil. Here is a short overview of traditional approaches that have beaten a path to advanced deep learning techniques.
- PDF Data Extraction: What You Need to Know - Feb 19, 2019.
In our free guide, we show you how and where you can use extracted data from PDFs, and explain the necessary qualities you should be looking for when evaluating extraction tools.
- Unlock and Extract Data from Your PDF Documents - Jan 31, 2019.
Automate and accurately extract data and information locked within PDF documents using PDF Alchemist, increasing productivity and data throughput while reducing costs.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n03, Jan 16: Top 10 Books on NLP and Text Analysis; End To End Guide For Machine Learning Projects - Jan 16, 2019.
Also: Why Vegetarians Miss Fewer Flights - Five Bizarre Insights from Data; 4 Myths of Big Data and 4 Ways to Improve with Deep Data; The Role of the Data Engineer is Changing; How to solve 90% of NLP problems: a step-by-step guide
- Top 10 Books on NLP and Text Analysis - Jan 9, 2019.
When it comes to choosing the right book, you become immediately overwhelmed with the abundance of possibilities. In this review, we have collected our Top 10 NLP and Text Analysis Books of all time, ranging from beginners to experts.
- Text Preprocessing in Python: Steps, Tools, and Examples - Nov 6, 2018.
We outline the basic steps of text preprocessing, which are needed for transferring text from human language to machine-readable format for further processing. We will also discuss text preprocessing tools.
Pages: 1 2
- Machine Reading Comprehension: Learning to Ask & Answer - Oct 11, 2018.
Investigating the dual ask-answer network, covering the embedding, encoding, attention and output layer, as well as the loss function, with code examples to help you get started.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n13, Mar 28: Where did you apply Data Science/ML? 12 Essential Command Line Tools for Data Scientists - Mar 28, 2018.
Also: 8 Common Pitfalls That Can Ruin Your Prediction; Text Data Preprocessing: A Walkthrough in Python; CatBoost vs. Light GBM vs. XGBoost.
- Webcasts: Finding analytic solutions to real problems - Mar 6, 2018.
The Technically Speaking webcasts provides real-word case studies that deliver key insights on overcoming the challenges with your data collection, preparation, and analysis.
- Text Exploration Info Kit - Aug 4, 2017.
Get the free kit, which includes webcast with text analytics expert on how he helps clients make sense of text data, book chapter on text mining, and more.
- What Data You Analyzed – KDnuggets Poll Results and Trends - Apr 26, 2017.
Image/video data analysis is surging, JSON replacing XML, anonymized data usage is growing in US and Europe (but not in Asia), itemsets and Twitter analysis is declining - some of the highlights of KDnuggets Poll on data types used.
- The Analytics of Emotion and Depression - Apr 26, 2017.
Analytics can be used to provide a boost to the cure of depression. How analytics is being adopted by companies like Microsoft, Facebook to handle and detect vulnerable targets of depression.
- Quickly tackle unstructured text data - Feb 8, 2017.
Learn about the new advanced text exploration capabilities available that let you quickly extract insights from text-based data.
- Provalis Research QDA Miner 5 to Improve Advanced Qualitative Data Analysis of Unstructured Text - Nov 4, 2016.
QDA Miner 5 provides enhanced data portability, sharpened analysis of unstructured text and increased visualization capabilities.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 21-27: Great discussion: Building Big Data systems in academia, industry; Deep Learning in a Nutshell - Apr 28, 2015.
Great discussion: Building #BigData systems in academia, industry; DeepLearning in a Nutshell - what it is, how it works, why care?; Basics of #DeepLearning to Get You Started; Top LinkedIn Groups for #Analytics, #BigData.
- Top 10 R Packages to be a Kaggle Champion - Apr 21, 2015.
Kaggle top ranker Xavier Conort shares insights on the “10 R Packages to Win Kaggle Competitions”.