- Data Sources 101 - Oct 28, 2019.
Data collection is one of the first steps of the data lifecycle — you need to get all the data you require in the first place. To collect the right data, you need to know where to find it and determine the effort involved in collecting it. This article answers the most basic question: where does all the data you need (or might need) come from?
- Getting to the Future First: How Social Data is Transforming Trend Discovery - Sep 23, 2019.
Register now for this webinar, Sep 25 @ 12 PM ET, for a clear approach on how to apply machine learning language technology to massive, unstructured data sets in order to create predictive models of what may be the next “it” ingredient, color, flavor or pack size.
- Domain-Specific Language Processing Mines Value From Unstructured Data - Aug 14, 2019.
Processing unstructured text data in real-time is challenging when applying NLP or NLU. Find out how Domain-Specific Language Processing can also help mine valuable information from data by following your guidance and using the language of your business.
- Labeling Unstructured Text for Meaning to Achieve Predictive Lift - Oct 31, 2018.
In this post, we examine several advance NLP techniques, including: labeling nouns and noun phrases for meaning, labeling (most often) adverbs and adjectives for sentiment, and labeling verbs for intent.
- Let’s Admit It: We’re a Long Way from Using “Real Intelligence” in AI - Apr 19, 2018.
With the growth of AI systems and unstructured data, there is a need for an independent means of data curation, evaluation and measurement of output that does not depend on the natural language constructs of AI and creates a comparative method of how the data is processed.
- Tackling Unstructured Data With Text Exploration – On-demand webcast - Sep 7, 2017.
Discover how to use a platform to organize unstructured data to see the linkages between word usage and document of origin, see the themes in a word cloud, and use topic extraction and document clustering.
- Text Clustering : Quick insights from Unstructured Data, part 2 - Jul 4, 2017.
We will build this in a modular way and also focus on exposing the functionalities as an API so that it can serve as a plug and play model without any disruptions to the existing systems.
- Text Clustering: Get quick insights from Unstructured Data - Jun 28, 2017.
Grouping and clustering free text is an important advance towards making good use of it. We present an algorithm for unsupervised text clustering approach that enables business to programmatically bin this data.
- Quickly tackle unstructured text data - Feb 8, 2017.
Learn about the new advanced text exploration capabilities available that let you quickly extract insights from text-based data.
- Explore your unstructured text data - Jul 13, 2016.
Learn examples of success with text exploration, what engineers and scientists can (and should) do with text data, and the consequences of collecting data and doing nothing with it.
- How to get structured data from the web without crawling - Mar 10, 2016.
When you need data from the web, you don't have to build a crawler. Webhose.io does the heavy lifting for you. Its crawlers download and structure millions of posts a day, and store and index the data so all you have to do is to define what data you need.
- New Books on Accelerating Discovery, Event Mining, Networking for Big Data - Oct 23, 2015.
New books cover important Data Science topics, including Mining Unstructured Information for Hypothesis Generation, Event Mining, and Networking for Big Data. Use GZP42 to save 20%.
- Harrisburg U. DATA ANALYTICS SUMMIT: Structuring the UNSTRUCTURED, Dec 14-16 - Sep 1, 2015.
This free summit specifically addresses how to deal with unstructured data as related to the emerging field of Big Data Analytics. RSVP Required.
- Ontotext: Creating Actionable Insights from Life Sciences and Healthcare Data, May 14 - May 8, 2015.
Life sciences and healthcare organizations sit on mountains of structured and unstructured information. This webinar shows how semantic technology and text analytics help get value from this information, with a focus on Data Modeling, Data Mining, and Data Fusion.
- Interview: Ksenija Draskovic, Verizon on How to Not Get Lost in the Big Data Wilderness - Apr 16, 2015.
We discuss recommendations for data-driven decision making, challenges and benefits of using unstructured data, managing expectations and key trends.
- Civis Analytics: Data Scientist – Unstructured Data - Oct 7, 2014.
Apply techniques from text analytics, machine learning, applied statistics, natural language processing, computer vision, and speech processing to the growing unstructured datasets collected at Civis.
- Text Analytics Summit 2014, San Francisco, Nov 4-5 - Sep 16, 2014.
13th Annual Text Analytics Summit West will be back in San Francisco Nov 4-5, with workshops on Nov 3. Join text analytics practitioners, vendors, visionaries and thought leaders from top companies. KDnuggets discount.
- Ontotext USA: Director of Solutions Architecture - Jul 24, 2014.
Ontotext provides a complete set of semantic technologies allowing organizations to extract meaning from unstructured data. The Director will lead our efforts to acquire new customers and support existing ones in North America.