- How Important is that Machine Learning Model be Understandable? We analyze poll results - Nov 19, 2018.
About 85% of respondents said it was always or frequently important that Machine Learning model be understandable. This was is especially important for academic researchers, and surprisingly more in US/Canada than in Europe or Asia.
Asia, Europe, Explainable AI, Explanation, GDPR, Machine Learning, Poll, USA
- Amazing consistency: Largest Dataset Analyzed / Data Mined – Poll Results and Trends - Oct 29, 2018.
The poll results show amazing consistency to past years, with median answers still in 10-100 gigabytes range. Really Big Data Scientists (100 Petabytes and more) continue to stand apart, but remain small segment where Asian data scientists lead for the first time in this poll.
Asia, Dataset, Europe, Largest, Poll, USA
- 2018 Data Science Salary Survey Report - Jan 31, 2018.
Throughout 2017, we conducted an online salary survey open to a range of data science professionals in order to capture data to help us better understand the market.
Asia, Data Scientist, Europe, Salary, Trends, USA
- Best Masters in Data Science and Analytics – Asia and Australia Edition - Dec 14, 2017.
The fourth edition of our comprehensive, unbiased survey on graduate degrees in Data Science and Analytics from around the world.
Asia, Australia, Master of Science, MS in Business Analytics, MS in Data Science
- What Data You Analyzed – KDnuggets Poll Results and Trends - Apr 26, 2017.
Image/video data analysis is surging, JSON replacing XML, anonymized data usage is growing in US and Europe (but not in Asia), itemsets and Twitter analysis is declining - some of the highlights of KDnuggets Poll on data types used.
Anonymized, Asia, Data types, Europe, Image Recognition, Poll, Text Analysis, Time Series, USA
- What Insurers in Asia doing about their digital transformation? - Jan 8, 2017.
Digital transformation that allows insurers to become more agile and customer-facing is fuelling growth globally. But what are Insurers in Asia doing about their digital transformation? Read this exclusive white paper.
Asia, Insurance, White Paper
- Largest Dataset Analyzed Poll shows surprising stability, more junior Data Scientists - Nov 8, 2016.
The majority (57%) of respondents only worked with Gigabyte range data. More junior Data Scientists enter the market, but Petabyte Big Data Scientists still stand apart.
Asia, Big Data, Datasets, Europe, Largest, Poll, USA
- Poll Results: Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset Analyzed is in laptop-size GB range - Aug 18, 2015.
A majority of data scientists (56%) work in Gigabyte dataset range. We note a small increase in Petabyte (web-scale) data miners, and a decline in Megabyte data miners. US, Australia/NZ, and Asia lead in percentage of Terabyte and Petabyte analysts.
Asia, Australia, Big Data, Datasets, Europe, Largest, Poll, USA
- Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science professionals well compensated - Mar 3, 2015.
US, Canada, and Australian analytics professionals are paid the most, with US/Canada Industry Data Science Managers earning on average $177K, Industry Data Scientists $126K, Academic Researchers $119K, and Data Analysts $86K.
Asia, Australia, Canada, Data Scientist, Europe, Manager, Poll, Salary, USA
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in February - Mar 25, 2014.
CSMR Data Miner software suite, Ascribe text mining software, and more added to KDnuggets in February 2014.
Added to KDnuggets, Asia, CSMR Data Miner, Edvancer, Fotetah, Text Mining
- Data Scientists Salary Survey: US, Canada, Australia lead - Mar 21, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Survey shows that industry data scientists are in a sweet spot, especially in US, Canada, and Australia, with average salary $135K. European and Asian data scientists salaries are significantly lower.
Asia, Australia, Canada, Data Scientist, Europe, Industry, Poll, Salary, USA