- Industry Predictions: AI, Machine Learning, Analytics & Data Science Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 18, 2018.
This is a collection of data science, machine learning, analytics, and AI predictions for next year from a number of top industry organizations. See what the insiders feel is on the horizon for 2019!
2019 Predictions, AI, Analytics, Data Science, Domino, dotData, Figure Eight, Industry, Knime, Machine Learning, MapR, MathWorks, OpenText, ParallelM, Salesforce, Splice Machine, Splunk
- Wind and Weather – Open Text Data Digest - Mar 15, 2016.
It’s soothing to watch the wind flows cycle and clouds form and dissipate. Now an app called Windyty lets you navigate real-time and predictive views of the weather yourself, controlling the area, altitude, and variables such as temperature, air pressure, humidity, clouds, or precipitation.
Data Visualization, OpenText, Weather
- OpenText Data Visualization – Red Carpet Edition - Mar 4, 2016.
In the this latest edition we present handsome variation on the bubble chart, plotting numbers of nominations against Oscars won, and how many films fall into each category.
Data Visualization, Movies, OpenText
- Visualizing Unstructured Analysis – Elections, Words, and Zika virus - Feb 15, 2016.
Unstructured data has proven to be a big analytics challenge. This week in the Data Driven Digest, we’re serving up some ingenious visualizations of unstructured data and making it talk.
Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, OpenText, Politics, Zika virus
- OpenText Data Digest, Jan 5: Life and Expectations - Jan 8, 2016.
New year has just begun and for the year ahead is a good opportunity to consider the passage of time, how much is left to each of us. We’re presenting some of the best visualizations of lifespans and life expectancy.
Data Visualization, Nathan Yau, OpenText
- OpenText Data Digest, Dec 18: The Data Awakens - Dec 21, 2015.
As the world enjoys the latest instalment of the Star Wars series, we review interesting visualizations based on the movie series. Strong is the data behind the Force. Enjoy!
Data Visualization, OpenText, Star Wars
- OpenText Data Digest, Dec 11: Holiday Lights - Dec 16, 2015.
Christmas and the New Year are approaching, so this week we’re sharing some data visualizations with connections to holiday celebrations.
Data Visualization, Energy Analytics, OpenText
- OpenText Data Digest Dec 4: Data Is Beautiful - Dec 9, 2015.
This week we look at the 2015 winners of the “Information Is Beautiful” Awards, including Red vs Blue politics, a World of languages, and Working for a living.
Data Visualization, OpenText
- OpenText Data Digest Nov 27: Data Mapping Music - Dec 4, 2015.
For this week, we present some examples of how to display music visually, which may get you thinking of other creative ways to visualize data and bring patterns to the surface.
Data Visualization, Music, OpenText
- OpenText Data Digest Nov 20: The Last Mile of Big Data - Nov 24, 2015.
For this week, we provide some examples of visualizations that crunch their fair share of Big Data on the back end but present it in a way that meets the Last Mile challenge.
Big Data, Data Visualization, OpenText, Risk Analytics
- OpenText Data Digest Nov 13: Making Relevant Data Easy to See - Nov 17, 2015.
For this week, we provide some examples of how complex data can be displayed in an easy-to-understand fashion.
Data Visualization, NBA, OpenText
- OpenText Data Digest Oct 23: World Statistics Day - Oct 26, 2015.
This week we look at 3 top entries in the UN competition based around eight Millennium Development Goals to see how well they stack up against the data visualizations you are working on.
Data Visualization, OpenText, Statistics, United Nations
- OpenText Data Digest, Oct 16: Millennial Parenting - Oct 21, 2015.
Time Magazine’s latest cover story on the trends in Millennial parenting is chocked full of data about the way the younger generation—those born after 1985—approaches their childrearing duties. We’re offering some perspective on the issue.
Data Visualization, OpenText
- OpenText Data Digest, Oct 9: Baseball Playoffs - Oct 12, 2015.
We love our data the way we love our baseball—lots of visuals and power hitters that crush it over the wall for the walk-off win. Check out which visualizations made to top three bases for this week’s OpenText data visualization.
Baseball, Data Visualization, OpenText
- OpenText Data Digest Oct 2: Traffic and Public Transit - Oct 6, 2015.
Despite constant congestion, data scientists are always coming up with ways to analyze traffic patterns to ensure you get to your desk by 9 a.m. Whether your transportation is trains or cars, we’ve got you covered, this week.
Data Visualization, OpenText, Traffic
- OpenText Data Digest Sep 25: US Maps - Oct 2, 2015.
This week’s Data Driven Digest focuses on three maps of the United States that are distinct more because of the behaviors of the people that live in them than the actual lines that separate them.
Data Visualization, Maps, OpenText, USA
- Opentext Data Driven Digest, Sep 18: Money and Finance - Sep 23, 2015.
Pacific Stock Exchange in San Francisco was created 133 years ago this week to serve businesses that struck rich mining for gold during the California Gold Rush. Nowadays, businesses mine for data hoping to strike it rich, using visualizations like the ones below.
Data Visualization, OpenText, Stocks
- Opentext Data Driven Digest, Sep 11: Clouds - Sep 15, 2015.
Big Data Analytics is now available on the OpenText Cloud, which got us thinking about actual clouds – the kind up in the sky. Not surprisingly, there are countless great data visualizations related to clouds and weather, so it was tough to choose just three to share
Data Visualization, OpenText, Weather
- OpenText Data Driven Digest, Aug 28: Treemaps - Sep 2, 2015.
Treemaps enable us to visualize the large data set in a concise manner. There are many variations possible with them, here some of the well known tree-maps like Leaves of Green, Repping Fragmentation and All Wet.
Data Visualization, OpenText, Treemaps
- OpenText Data Driven Digest Aug 21: College Majors, Hacking Glory, Innovation Performance - Aug 25, 2015.
The simple beauty of X-Y coordinates belies the power they hold; indeed, many of the best data visualizations created today rely on, and build upon, on the Cartesian plane concept to show complex data sets. Here are three examples.
Data Visualization, OpenText, P-value
- OpenText Data-Driven Digest, Aug 14 - Aug 15, 2015.
In three data visualizations, we dive into what you would see looking west or east across the ocean; the contours and makeup of the seabed; and the width of rivers throughout North America.
Data Visualization, Dataflow, Ocean, OpenText
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jul 28 and beyond - Jul 27, 2015.
Integrating Customer Data at Scale, Drilling Insights Out of Big and Fast Data, Influencer Marketing, Apache Spark, and more.
Apache Spark, NoSQL, OpenText, Tamr