- The Missing Teams For Data Scientists - Nov 2, 2020.
Still today, too large a percent of data science projects fail, many of which can be attributed to the impacts of how hard missing data teams hit the data science team. Advocating for the missing data engineering and operations components to your team will make your professional life easier and more productive.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n11, Mar 18: Covid-19, your community, and you – a data science perspective; When Will AutoML replace Data Scientists? Poll Results and Analysis - Mar 18, 2020.
A Data Science perspective on Covid-19, the novel coronavirus; The results and analysis of a previous KDnuggets Poll: When Will AutoML replace Data Scientists? How to build a mature Machine Learning team; The Most Useful Machine Learning Tools of 2020; and more.
- Building a Mature Machine Learning Team - Mar 13, 2020.
After spending a lot of time thinking about the paths that software companies take toward ML maturity, this framework was created to follow as you adopt ML and then mature as an organization. The framework covers every aspect of building a team including product, process, technical, and organizational readiness, as well as recognizes the importance of cross-functional expertise and process improvements for bringing AI-driven products to market.
- How to Make a Success Story of your Data Science Team - Jun 25, 2019.
Today, data science is a crucial component for an organization's growth. Given how important data science has grown, it’s important to think about what data scientists add to an organization, how they fit in, and how to hire and build effective data science teams.
- How to Build a Machine Learning Team When You Are Not Google or Facebook - Nov 28, 2018.
If you don’t have a clear application for machine learning, you’re going to regret your investment. We provide tips on how to go about setting up your machine learning team - no matter the size of your business.
- Learn how to create data-driven marketing team - Oct 25, 2018.
Check out this upcoming webinar, What Happens When a Marketing Team Turns Data-driven, Nov 26, 2018 at 2:00pm EST, and find the answer to: When your distribution channel is primarily face-to-face, how important is data-driven marketing, when the sale happens offline?
- How to Balance the Load on a Data Team - Jul 11, 2018.
This post will help you to better understand a data team’s workflow and allocate their resources to business users.
- Laying the Foundation for a Data Team - Dec 28, 2016.
Admittedly, there is a lot more to building a successful data team, and we would be lying if we pretended we have it all figured out. But hopefully focusing on the elements in this post is a good start.
- How to Structure Your Team When Building a Data Startup - Oct 1, 2016.
Data Startup in mind? Need to structure different teams? Here are guidelines for structuring Data Team, Crawl Development Team, Data Infrastructure Team, and more.
- Three Essential Components of a Successful Data Science Team - Aug 10, 2015.
A Data Science team, carefully constructed with the right set of dedicated professionals, can prove to be an asset to any organization,
- Interview: Brian Hampton, SF 49ers on Competitive Edge through Football Analytics - Dec 20, 2014.
We discuss the shortcomings of football analytics, how San Francisco 49ers use analytics, future of football analytics, advice and more.
- Interview: Brian Hampton, San Francisco 49ers on Playing Football the Analytics Way - Dec 19, 2014.
We discuss the role of analytics in football, the underrated challenges, evolution since the era of draft trade value chart and analytics-supported team selection.
- Split on Data Science Skills: Individual vs Team Approach - Jan 21, 2014.
The results of latest KDnuggets poll show an almost equal split between those who favor individual and those who favor the team approach. See the counterintuitive regional differences and interesting comments.
- New Poll: Data Science Skills – Individual vs Team Approach - Jan 7, 2014.
Data Science positions and tasks need a rare combination of Statistics, Hacking, Database, Business, and other skills. New KDnuggets Poll is asking which approach is better for filling Data Science Positions - Individual or Team?