- KDnuggets™ News 20:n43, Nov 11: The Best Data Science Certification You’ve Never Heard Of; Essential data science skills that no one talks about - Nov 11, 2020.
The Best Data Science Certification You've Never Heard Of; Essential data science skills that no one talks about; Pandas on Steroids: End to End Data Science in Python with Dask; How to Build a Football Dataset with Web Scraping; 2 Coding-free Ways to Extract Content From Websites to Boost Web Traffic
Certification, Courses, Dask, Data Science, Data Science Skills, Football, Pandas, Python, Soccer, Web Scraping
- How Google uses Reinforcement Learning to Train AI Agents in the Most Popular Sport in the World - Jun 21, 2019.
Researchers from the Google Brain team open sourced Google Research Football, a new environment that leverages reinforcement learning to teach AI agents how to master the most popular sport in the world.
Agents, AI, Football, Google, Reinforcement Learning, Soccer
- Optimization 101 for Data Scientists - Aug 8, 2018.
We show how to use optimization strategies to make the best possible decision.
Football, Julia, Optimization, Python, R, Sports
- Why Germany did not defeat Brazil in the final, or Data Science lessons from the World Cup - Jul 24, 2018.
We review World Cup predictions (all failed), examine what makes such events difficult to predict, and suggest 3 golden rules to determine when you can trust the predictions.
Brazil, Data Science, Football, France, Germany, Soccer, Sports, World Cup
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 4-10: Fantastic notes on the freely available @fastdotai machine learning course - Jul 11, 2018.
Also: Analyze a Soccer (Football) Game Using #Tensorflow Object Detection; 18 Inspiring Women In AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning; Timsort - the fastest #sorting #algorithm you've never heard of.
fast.ai, Football, Machine Learning, Soccer, TensorFlow, Top tweets
- Analyze a Soccer (Football) Game Using Tensorflow Object Detection and OpenCV - Jul 10, 2018.
For the data scientist within you let's use this opportunity to do some analysis on soccer clips. With the use of deep learning and opencv we can extract interesting insights from video clips
Football, Image Recognition, Object Detection, OpenCV, Python, Soccer, TensorFlow, Video recognition, World Cup
- Cartoon: FIFA World Cup Football and Machine Learning - Jun 16, 2018.
In honor of 2018 FIFA World Cup in Football, we update our classic KDnuggets cartoon - what players can do when their moves are predicted by Machine Learning?
Cartoon, Football, Soccer, World Cup
- Football World Cup 2018 Predictions: Germany vs Brazil in the final, and more - Jun 5, 2018.
Looking ahead to the FIFA World Cup that kicks off this month (14th June), we have created the official KDnuggets predictions.
Data Analysis, Football, Soccer, Sports, Statistics, World Cup
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 15-21: Predicting UEFA Euro2016; Visual Explanation of Backprop for Neural Nets - Jun 22, 2016.
Building statistical model to predict UEFA #Euro2016; A Visual Explanation of Back Propagation Algorithm for #NeuralNetworks; Scala is the new golden child for coding and #DataScience.
Backpropagation, Football, Scala, Soccer, Top tweets, Yahoo
- CIKM Machine Learning Competition 2015 - Jul 27, 2015.
CIKM 2015 competition is focused on Australian Football league (AFL), and predicting outcomes of future AFL matches using machine learning techniques based on historical data on teams, players and their performances.
Australia, Competition, Football, Sports
- Interview: Brian Hampton, SF 49ers on Competitive Edge through Football Analytics - Dec 20, 2014.
We discuss the shortcomings of football analytics, how San Francisco 49ers use analytics, future of football analytics, advice and more.
Analytics, Brian Hampton, Challenges, Coaching, Competition, Football, Interview, NFL, Sports, Team
- Interview: Brian Hampton, San Francisco 49ers on Playing Football the Analytics Way - Dec 19, 2014.
We discuss the role of analytics in football, the underrated challenges, evolution since the era of draft trade value chart and analytics-supported team selection.
Analytics, Brian Hampton, Challenges, Coaching, Competition, Football, NFL, Sports, Team