- KDnuggets™ News 18:n28, Jul 25: Best (and Free) Resources to Understand Deep Learning; Why Germany did not beat Brazil in the final – Data Science lessons from the World Cup - Jul 25, 2018.
Also 5 Quick and Easy Data Visualizations in Python with Code; Happy 25th Birthday, KDnuggets!
About KDnuggets, Data Visualization, Deep Learning, Python, World Cup
- Why Germany did not defeat Brazil in the final, or Data Science lessons from the World Cup - Jul 24, 2018.
We review World Cup predictions (all failed), examine what makes such events difficult to predict, and suggest 3 golden rules to determine when you can trust the predictions.
Brazil, Data Science, Football, France, Germany, Soccer, Sports, World Cup
- Analyze a Soccer (Football) Game Using Tensorflow Object Detection and OpenCV - Jul 10, 2018.
For the data scientist within you let's use this opportunity to do some analysis on soccer clips. With the use of deep learning and opencv we can extract interesting insights from video clips
Football, Image Recognition, Object Detection, OpenCV, Python, Soccer, TensorFlow, Video recognition, World Cup
- Cartoon: FIFA World Cup Football and Machine Learning - Jun 16, 2018.
In honor of 2018 FIFA World Cup in Football, we update our classic KDnuggets cartoon - what players can do when their moves are predicted by Machine Learning?
Cartoon, Football, Soccer, World Cup
- Football World Cup 2018 Predictions: Germany vs Brazil in the final, and more - Jun 5, 2018.
Looking ahead to the FIFA World Cup that kicks off this month (14th June), we have created the official KDnuggets predictions.
Data Analysis, Football, Soccer, Sports, Statistics, World Cup
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 12-15: Cartoon: the most difficult challenge facing the 1st US Chief Data Scientist @dpatil - Mar 16, 2015.
Cartoon: top challenge for US Chief Data Scientist DJ Patil; In-depth intro to #MachineLearning, #Statistics, R: 15 hours of videos; Amazing! Forget coding word meaning, grammar, syntax - now #DeepLearning can learn everything.
Cartoon, Data Science Education, Deep Learning, DJ Patil, Robert Tibshirani, World Cup
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n01, Jan 7: Clever methods of overfitting; 5 Analytics Rules to cut thru the Hype - Jan 7, 2015.
11 Clever Methods of Overfitting and how to avoid them, Data Mining and Text Analytics of World Cup 2014, iMath Cloud Data Science Platform beta, Platfora CEO on Insightful Analytics for Big Data, and more analytics, big data, data science, and data mining stories.
Data Science Platform, Overfitting, Platfora, Text Analytics, World Cup
- Data Mining and Text Analytics of World Cup 2014 - Jan 3, 2015.
Explore how text analysis techniques to dig into some of the data in a series of blog posts, focusing on matches and their events, tweets languages, tweets volumes for different teams and sentiment analysis.
Brazil, Germany, Parsa Ghaffari, Text Analytics, World Cup
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 18-20: Baby steps in Learning Python; 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining - Jul 21, 2014.
Baby steps in learning #Python for data analysis; My 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining and Data Science - now in Techopedia; A good collection of #MachineLearning tools in #Python; Understanding Random Forests: From Theory to Practice - implementation.
Data Science Education, Python, random forests algorithm, Techopedia, World Cup
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 11-13: Avoid Dilbert “core competency”; You may never be anonymous in a #BigData world - Jul 14, 2014.
Avoid automating things that you should not be doing; You may never be truly anonymous in a #BigData world; Why Argentina could not win the #WorldCup2014 cleanly? The OpenCPU System, a big step towards a universal interface for #BigData.
Anonymity, Big Data, Dilbert, OpenCPU, World Cup
- Top stories in June: Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup - Jul 3, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football; KDnuggets 15th Annual Data Mining Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead; The Cardinal Sin of Data Mining and Data Science: Overfitting.
Cartoon, Deep Learning, Overfitting, Poll, RapidMiner, Top stories, World Cup
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 16-17: You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right - Jun 18, 2014.
You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave - see early leaders; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right: Amazon, British Airways, eBay, Otto group, Netflix; Data Mining 200 years of Patents shows that invention is combinatorial; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football.
AI, Amazon, Cartoon, eBay, Google, Netflix, Patents, Watson, World Cup
- KDnuggets 14:n15, Analytics Software Poll – Analyzed; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup - Jun 18, 2014.
Also Data Mining Cardinal Sin, KDnuggets Profile, CAP, and more analytics/data mining features, software, opinions, news, webcasts, courses, jobs, academic positions, publications, tweets, and CFP.
Cartoon, Data Mining Software, INFORMS, Overfitting, Poll, World Cup
- Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football - Jun 17, 2014.
New KDnuggets Cartoon takes a fresh look on Big Data insights and World Cup 2014 in Soccer. What should a player do when Big Data predicts his behavior?
Big Data, Cartoon, World Cup
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 26-27 - May 28, 2014.
Machine Learning Algorithms Tour: Regression, kNN, Regularization, Decision Tree; Where to Learn Deep Learning - Courses, Tutorials, Software; 9 Courses on Data Science, R, Machine Learning start on Coursera.
Algorithms, Brazil, Coursera, Data Science Education, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, World Cup
- Predict Soccer World Cup 2014 Winner, Get Prizes from RapidMiner - May 16, 2014.
Use a free edition of RapidMiner to have fun and bring sports predictions to another level by making a prediction of Soccer (Futbol) World Cup 2014, which starts on June 12 in Brazil.
Boston-MA, Brazil, Competition, RapidMiner, Soccer, World Cup