- Why Germany did not defeat Brazil in the final, or Data Science lessons from the World Cup - Jul 24, 2018.
We review World Cup predictions (all failed), examine what makes such events difficult to predict, and suggest 3 golden rules to determine when you can trust the predictions.
- Data Mining for Predictive Social Network Analysis – Brazil Elections Case Study - Nov 2, 2015.
Here are the techniques used for a proof-of-concept that effectively analyzed Twitter Trend Topics to predict regional voting patterns in the 2014 Brazilian presidential election.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Mining and Text Analytics of World Cup 2014 - Jan 3, 2015.
Explore how text analysis techniques to dig into some of the data in a series of blog posts, focusing on matches and their events, tweets languages, tweets volumes for different teams and sentiment analysis.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 26-27 - May 28, 2014.
Machine Learning Algorithms Tour: Regression, kNN, Regularization, Decision Tree; Where to Learn Deep Learning - Courses, Tutorials, Software; 9 Courses on Data Science, R, Machine Learning start on Coursera.
- Predict Soccer World Cup 2014 Winner, Get Prizes from RapidMiner - May 16, 2014.
Use a free edition of RapidMiner to have fun and bring sports predictions to another level by making a prediction of Soccer (Futbol) World Cup 2014, which starts on June 12 in Brazil.