- Accuracy Fallacy: The Media’s Coverage of AI Is Bogus - Dec 6, 2019.
Such as the gross exaggerations Stanford researchers broadcasted about their infamous "AI gaydar" project, there exists a prevalent "accuracy fallacy" in relation to AI from the media. Find out more about how the press constantly misleads the public into believing that machine learning can reliably predict psychosis, heart attacks, sexuality, and much more.
- On the sensationalism of artificial intelligence news - Nov 15, 2019.
With artificial intelligence and machine learning now a mainstay of our daily awareness, news organizations have been seen to overstate the reality behind progress in the field. Learn more about recent examples of media hyperbole and explore why this may be happening.
- AI and the data production landscape - Apr 26, 2019.
Data Science Salon NY returns to Viacom HQ in Times Square on June 13. Here are insights from DSS NY top speakers on the future of AI in the media production landscape.
- Apple: Commerce Data Engineer – Apple Media Products - Jun 11, 2018.
Seeking someone with a love for data. You will cleanse, process, compute and organize various mission-critical data sets, should have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems, and can architect innovative solutions.
- Your guide to predictive analytics in media and entertainment - Nov 13, 2017.
Download your free guide to predictive analytics in media and entertainment for a look at the landscape and use cases, from Dataiku.
- Apple: Manager, Data Science – Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering - Oct 23, 2017.
Seeking a Manager, Data Science to build our data science and machine learning team and develop a long-term roadmap where modeling will have a huge material impact in savings in financial cost while maintaining the Apple brand of trust, using cutting edge technology.
- How I Detect Fake News, by Tim O’Reilly - Dec 26, 2016.
Read how Tim O'Reilly traced the falsity of one internet meme, and what that teaches us about how an algorithm might do it.
- Analytical Approaches to Solving Problems in Communications and Media - Jul 26, 2016.
Discover a set of techniques and methodologies to analyze and explore telecommunications data in order to improve business and operational performances. This new course debuts Sep 14 at Analytics Experience 2016 in Las Vegas.
- Media Industry Embracing Analytics for Innovation and Competitive Edge - May 13, 2014.
Survey results highlight the importance of Analytics capability in media industry and the consumer beliefs on privacy vs. personalization benefits.