- Explore the world of Bioinformatics with Machine Learning - Sep 17, 2019.
The article contains a brief introduction of Bioinformatics and how a machine learning classification algorithm can be used to classify the type of cancer in each patient by their gene expressions.
Bioinformatics, Machine Learning, Python
- A Summary of DeepMind’s Protein Folding Upset at CASP13 - Jul 17, 2019.
Learn how DeepMind dominated the last CASP competition for advancing protein folding models. Their approach using gradient descent is today's state of the art for predicting the 3D structure of a protein knowing only its comprising amino acid compounds.
Bioinformatics, Deep Learning, DeepMind, Exxact, Generative Adversarial Network, Gradient Descent, Protein
- Monash University: Research Fellow (Bioinformatics) [Melbourne, Australia] - Dec 3, 2018.
Monash University is seeking a Research Fellow (Bioinformatics) in Melbourne, Australia. You will be involved in planning experiments, the final analysis and visualisation of results as well as analysing data from multiple technology platforms.
Australia, Bioinformatics, Melbourne, Monash University, Research
- Hacking in silico protein engineering with Machine Learning and AI, explained - Jul 19, 2017.
Proteins are building blocks of all living matter. Although tremendous progress has been made, protein engineering remains laborious, expensive and truly complicated. Here is how Machine Learning can help.
Bioinformatics, Machine Learning, Protein
- The world’s first protein database for Machine Learning and AI - Jun 22, 2017.
dSPP is the world first interactive database of proteins for AI and Machine Learning, and is fully integrated with Keras and Tensorflow. You can access the database at peptone.io/dspp
Bioinformatics, Genomics, Keras, Machine Learning, Protein, TensorFlow
- SUNY Buffalo: Postdoc in Data Mining and Bioinformatics - Apr 19, 2017.
Seeking a Postdoctoral Associate in the areas of machine learning and bioinformatics. The major research focus is on developing machine learning and mathematics methodologies for analyzing massive genomic data.
Bioinformatics, Buffalo, Data Mining, NY, Postdoc, SUNY Buffalo
- 5 Steps for Advanced Data Analysis using Visualization - Oct 28, 2016.
In most of the scientific researches, due to large amount of experiment data, statistical analysis is typically done by technical experts in computing and statistics. Unfortunately, these experts are not the experts of underlying research; which may cause gaps in analysis. If actual researchers are given easy to use tools and methods to handle and analyse data, it will enrich the research outcome for sure.
Bioinformatics, Clustering, Data Exploration, Data Visualization, Noise, PCA, Qlucore, Statistical Analysis
- DuPont Pioneer: Senior Software Developer – Bioinformatics - Sep 9, 2016.
Work within agile software development teams to create and enhance software based on business-driven requirements.
Agro, Bioinformatics, DuPont, IA, Johnston, Software Developer
- DuPont Pioneer: Research Scientist – Data Science, Informatics - Jun 16, 2016.
Support research efforts in the genome editing, computational biology, genomics and annotation spaces and work with scientists and developers to conduct novel experiments and business processes.
Bioinformatics, Data Science, DuPont, IA, Johnston, Research Scientist
- DuPont: Sr. Software Developer – BioInformatics/Genomics (ABT00001643) - Apr 20, 2016.
Seeking a Senior Software Developer to work within agile software development teams to create and enhance software based on business-driven requirements, working closely with software architects, test engineers and product owners.
Bioinformatics, CA, Developer, DuPont, Genomics, Hayward
- SUNY Buffalo: Postdoctoral Associate in Data Mining and Bioinformatics - Apr 17, 2016.
Developing machine learning and mathematics methodologies to address the computational challenges of analyzing massive genomic data for various biomedical applications.
Bioinformatics, Buffalo, Data Mining, NY, Postdoc, SUNY Buffalo
- DuPont Pioneer: Post Doctoral Fellow – Trait Informatics (ABT00001617) - Mar 3, 2016.
Conduct research in computational biology, genomics and transcriptomics; work together with Trait Informatics scientists and developers, as well as scientists from across research departments.
Bioinformatics, Biology, DuPont, Genomics, Postdoc
- How to Search the Internet by Chemical Structure - Sep 8, 2015.
iScienceSearch is a search engine for chemists & biologists that lets you search many structure databases from PubChem to Wikipedia in one go. You can search, by structure, substructure, similarity, text and synonyms.
Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics, Search Engine
- Mousera: Data Scientist - Aug 7, 2015.
Lead our focus in collecting and extracting scientifically relevant metrics from large multi-modal sensor datasets.
Bioinformatics, CA, Data Scientist, Mousera, San Mateo
- Interview: Xia Wang, AstraZeneca on Big Data and the Promise of Effective Healthcare - Apr 10, 2015.
We discuss challenges in analyzing text data, Big Data impact on translational bioinformatics, advice, desired skills in data scientists, and more.
Pages: 1 2
Advice, AstraZeneca, Bioinformatics, Career, Challenges, Healthcare, Interview, Xia Wang
- Stanford Online Courses: Use data to solve biological, medical problems - Feb 10, 2015.
Stay at the cutting-edge and take courses online from Stanford that will teach you techniques used in new applications in biomedicine. Enrollment for spring open till Mar 20.
Bioinformatics, Biomedical, Data Mining, Online Education, Stanford
- Webinar: The Pragmatic Text Miner, Feb 11 - Jan 29, 2015.
Learn about text mining of biomedical literature, challenges in building large collections, and how bioinformatics professionals can overcome those challenges.
Bioinformatics, Biomedical, Copyright Clearance Center, Text Mining
- Genetics as a Social Network – A Data Scientist Perspective - Jan 19, 2015.
You can think about a cell’s genetics as a huge social network. We can then take the DNA sequences of the transcription factor footprints associated with each gene and predict the proteins bound to these regulatory regions, and in this way reconstruct the genetic regulatory networks in every cell type.
Bioinformatics, Biology, DNA, Nikhil Buduma, Social Networks
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Nov 18 and beyond - Nov 17, 2014.
Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Data Visualization, Scores Aren't Enough, Big Bioinformatics without Big Hassles, Starting Small and Scaling Big with Hadoop, YARN, WCAI Oppy: Desktop Software Subscription Analysis, and more.
Bioinformatics, Data Visualization, Hadoop, YARN
- Catalytic DS: Biomedical Text Mining Developer - Oct 16, 2014.
Help develop cloud-based text analytics solutions that enable researchers to use biomedical information locked in vast repositories of 'read only' scientific publications.
Bioinformatics, Biomedical, Catalytic DS, Text Analytics, Text Mining, Wilton-CT
- Key Bioinformatics Terms for Data Scientists - Sep 22, 2014.
Learn key bioinformatics terms including the various "-omics" and the differences between the types of DNA and RNA to help you understand one of the key applications of data science.
Bioinformatics, DNA, Glossary, John Unikowski, RNA