- DeepMind’s AlphaFold & the Protein Folding Problem - Mar 10, 2021.
Recently, DeepMind's AlphaFold made impressive headway in the protein structure prediction problem. Read this for an overview and explanation.
- Bio-acoustic Structure, a NIMBioS Investigative Workshop, needs Data Scientists – Call for Applications - Jan 26, 2018.
This workshop will bring together experts in bio-acoustics with mathematicians and computer scientists with expertise in classification, clustering, and information theory to develop a unified approach. Apply by March 5.
- Wrapping Our Primate Brains Around AI’s Next Grand Challenge - Aug 24, 2017.
AI has moved beyond the Turing Test and is literally “moving” towards new directions. We argue that the new AI grand challenge is to allow intelligence to become more embodied and animal-like.
- CAMELYON17 Grand Challenge – Help improve diagnosis of breast cancer metastases with AI - Jan 16, 2017.
Here is a challenge to contribute to the world health, organised by Camelyon17 and IEEE. Come forward to build a healthy world. Submission deadline is April 1, 2017s.
- DuPont Pioneer: Post Doctoral Fellow – Trait Informatics (ABT00001617) - Mar 3, 2016.
Conduct research in computational biology, genomics and transcriptomics; work together with Trait Informatics scientists and developers, as well as scientists from across research departments.
- Interview: Slava Akmaev, Berg on Healthcare Transparency & Effectiveness using Big Data - Mar 9, 2015.
We discuss Big Data Analytics at Berg, making Healthcare effective through Big Data, impact of falling cost of DNA sequencing, Berg AI-Analytics Suite and more.
- Data Mining finds JASBUG, a Critical Security Vulnerability - Feb 17, 2015.
We explain how the critical Microsoft security vulnerability JASBUG that existed for 15 years was detected with similarity search and regular expression inference.
- Genetics as a Social Network – A Data Scientist Perspective - Jan 19, 2015.
You can think about a cell’s genetics as a huge social network. We can then take the DNA sequences of the transcription factor footprints associated with each gene and predict the proteins bound to these regulatory regions, and in this way reconstruct the genetic regulatory networks in every cell type.