- NoSQL for Beginners - Dec 2, 2020.
NoSQL can offer an advantage to those who are entering Data Science and Analytics, as well as having applications with high-performance needs that aren’t met by traditional SQL databases.
- In Loving Memory of Strictly-Typed Schemas - Feb 20, 2020.
This article addresses one very peculiar manifestation of marketing propaganda in the big data industry that has crippled data engineers across the board — a resolute and methodical undermining of the sanctity of strictly-typed schemas.
- 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for Data Science — 2019 Edition - May 17, 2019.
Follow these updated 7 steps to go from SQL data science newbie to practitioner in a hurry. We consider only the necessary concepts and skills, and provide quality resources for each.
- Kinetica: Software Engineer (Python) [Arlington, VA] - Aug 21, 2018.
Work closely with the Product Owner to build out the product in Python and integrate all other parts (TensorFlow, Kubernetes, and our GPU-powered DB) using Python bindings to build and deliver an overall product (a REST API).
- Kinetica: Sr. Software Engineer (Machine Learning) [Arlington, VA] - Aug 21, 2018.
Join an accomplished team to help build out a new scalable, distributed machine learning and data science platform with tight integrations and pipelines to a distributed, sharded GPU-powered database.
- Doing Real-Time Data Analysis With Db2 Event Store - Apr 26, 2018.
IBM unveiled the updated Db2 Event Store platform and various features at its Think 2018 conference, tailored for those in the data industry, including data scientists, and application developers.
- Presto for Data Scientists – SQL on anything - Apr 19, 2018.
Presto enables data scientists to run interactive SQL across multiple data sources. This open source engine supports querying anything, anywhere, and at large scale.
- For GPU Databases of today, the big challenge is doing JOINS - Mar 2, 2018.
While some GPU database problems have been solved, one challenge remains that only one vendor has tackled properly and that is fast SQL joins on GPU.
- Unlock Machine Learning for the New Speed and Scale of Business - Dec 8, 2017.
Learn how Vertica in-database machine learning supports the entire predictive analytics process with, with MPP, SQL execution, R, Python, Java and more - get the whitepaper.
- The Rise of GPU Databases - Aug 17, 2017.
The recent but noticeable shift from CPUs to GPUs is mainly due to the unique benefits they bring to sectors like AdTech, finance, telco, retail, or security/IT . We examine where GPU databases shine.
- Eindhoven University of Technology: Full Professor Database Technology - Mar 22, 2017.
Seeking a candidate who should be an authority in a core area of Database Technology, and be able to teach courses on all basic topics within the broader field, with a clear and compelling world-class research agenda.
- Top 10 Amazon Books in Databases & Big Data, 2016 Edition - Dec 15, 2016.
Given the ongoing explosion in interest for all things Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc., we have updated our Amazon top books lists from last year. Here are the 10 most popular titles in the Databases & Big Data category.
- MLDB: The Machine Learning Database - Oct 17, 2016.
MLDB is an opensource database designed for machine learning. Send it commands over a RESTful API to store data, explore it using SQL, then train machine learning models and expose them as APIs.
- 7 Steps to Understanding NoSQL Databases - Jul 27, 2016.
Are you a newcomer to NoSQL, interested in gaining a real understanding of the technologies and architectures it includes? This post is for you.
- 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for Data Science - Jun 16, 2016.
Follow these 7 steps to go from SQL data science newbie to seasoned practitioner quickly. No nonsense, just the necessities.
Pages: 1 2
- Top NoSQL Database Engines - Jun 10, 2016.
An overview of the top 5 NoSQL database engines in use today, including examples of key-value, column-oriented, graph, and document paradigms.
- Umea University: PhD and Postdoctoral positions, Federated Database System/Data Mining - Feb 9, 2016.
Join our efforts to academic federated database construction and cross-database analysis for research purposes of data from distributed databases. Develop data analysis methods with focus of data integration and privacy preservation.