- KDnuggets™ News 17:n19, May 17: Guerrilla Guide to Machine Learning with R; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can’t Overlook - May 17, 2017.
The Guerrilla Guide to Machine Learning with R; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, May; The Two Phases of Gradient Descent in Deep Learning; HDFS vs. HBase: All you need to know; Must-Know: What are common data quality issues for Big Data and how to handle them?
- HDFS vs. HBase : All you need to know - May 15, 2017.
Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and Hbase (Hadoop database) are key components of Big Data ecosystem. This blog explains the difference between HDFS and HBase with real-life use cases where they are best fit.
- 7 Steps to Understanding NoSQL Databases - Jul 27, 2016.
Are you a newcomer to NoSQL, interested in gaining a real understanding of the technologies and architectures it includes? This post is for you.
- Top NoSQL Database Engines - Jun 10, 2016.
An overview of the top 5 NoSQL database engines in use today, including examples of key-value, column-oriented, graph, and document paradigms.
- Hadoop Key Terms, Explained - May 30, 2016.
An straightforward overview of 16 core Hadoop ecosystem concepts. No Big Picture discussion, just the facts.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Thanigai Vellore, Art.com on Delivering Contextually Relevant Search Experience - Jul 23, 2015.
We discuss the role of Analytics at Art.com, the polyglot data architecture at Art.com, the use cases for Hadoop, vendor selection, supporting semantic search and experience with Avro.
- Interview: James Taylor, Salesforce on Phoenix + HBase – The Future of Big Data - Jun 6, 2015.
We discuss the advantages of Phoenix, upcoming features, soon coming-up support for transactions, trends, advice, and more.
- Interview: James Taylor, Salesforce on Apache Phoenix – RDBMS for Big Data - Jun 5, 2015.
We discuss the beginning of Phoenix project, decision of making it open source, relational database layer on HBase, and key reasons for the superior performance of Apache Phoenix.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Austin: Day 3 Highlights - Apr 24, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data and Analytics leaders/consultants on day 3 of Big Data Bootcamp in Austin.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Big Data TechCon How-To Conference, Apr 26-28, Boston - Mar 15, 2015.
Win a free KDnuggets Pass for Big Data TechCon in Boston - the conference to learn HOW-TO master and analyze Big Data. Learn Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, HBase, R, and Hive from the smartest, hardest-working faculty.
- Big Data TechCon, the HOW-TO conference, Boston, April 26-28 - Feb 24, 2015.
Plan now to attend Big Data TechCon, April 26-28 in Boston, to learn HOW-TO master and analyze Big Data. Learn Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, HBase, R, and Hive from the smartest, hardest-working faculty. Special discount.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 15-17: Top Research Leaders in Data Mining; Hbase; Job Interview - Aug 18, 2014.
The top 5 Questions a Data Scientist should ask during a job interview; Top Research Leaders in Data Mining, Data Science, and KDD; Least popular jobs for big data practitioners; Graduate Programs in #BigData Analytics and Data Science.