- AI and climate change have a complicated relationship - Dec 23, 2021.
Learn about the importance of environmental AI and its carbon impact in this comprehensive review.
- Francois Chollet on the Future of Keras and Reinforce Conference - Feb 25, 2020.
Ahead of Reinforce Conference in Budapest, we asked Francois Chollet, the creator of Keras, about Keras future, proposed developments, PyTorch, energy efficiency, and more. Listen to him in person in Budapest, April 6-7, and use code KDNuggets to save 15% on conference tickets.
- AI Supporting The Earth - Apr 22, 2019.
To celebrate Earth Day 2019, we explain how Intel is committed to advancing uses of AI that positively impact our world by providing social good organizations with technologies and expertise to accelerate their work.
- What makes a data visualization successful? - Sep 25, 2017.
Data visualisation gives very important insights about the data. But it is subjective to the goal of analysis & area of application. Let’s see how.
- Beware of Two Data Obfuscation Tactics - Apr 3, 2017.
We examine 2 common tactics by data "skeptics": demanding more precision and demanding unanimity. These techniques are especially effective against data scientists, who should be aware of them, and able to counteract them.
- It’s Getting Hot In Here: Data Science vs Fake News - Mar 29, 2017.
While some opponents still hold the misconception that the 'science is not yet in' on the culprit, the scientific community has long reached a consensus to the drivers behind the increase in global temperatures.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 15-21: Reverse-engineering a $500M AI company in one week; Climate Change Denial and CO2 Emissions - Mar 22, 2017.
Also Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman - The Elements of Statistical Learning Book PDF; Getting Close and Personal w. #MachineLearning #Algorithms; Open Source Toolkits for Speech Recognition.
- Climate Change Denial and CO2 Emissions – What is the Connection? - Mar 17, 2017.
We examine the connection between Climate Change Denial and CO2 emissions and find a strong correlation - countries with higher CO2 emissions/capita also have higher percentage of climate skeptics.
- Interview: UN/WDC “Data For Climate Action” Challenge – What Data Scientists Need to Know - Mar 13, 2017.
We ask UN Global Pulse Director about the 'Data For Climate Action' Challenge, the best sources of climate data, examples of using data for climate mitigation and climate adaptation, and resources for convincing climate change skeptics.
- “Data For Climate Action” Challenge – call for research proposals - Mar 13, 2017.
The challenge is to harness data science and big data from the private sector to fight climate change. Data scientists, researchers, and innovators - submit proposals at DataForClimateAction.org by 10 April 2017.
- The big data ecosystem for science: Climate Science and Climate Change - Dec 22, 2016.
Climate change is one of the most pressing challenges for human society in the 21st century. We review the Big Data ecosystem for studying the climate change.
- Climate Change, Clearly Visualized - Jan 13, 2016.
Global warming has been argued in depths and breadths and arguments for and against are championed too.Here, with a simple data science we obtained a simple (and increasingly accepted) conclusion: the global warming is real.
- ORNL: Senior Research Scientist in Climate Change Data Integration, Dissemination, and Informatics - Jan 3, 2016.
This person will help us solve the "big data" problem associated with studying the climate system and how natural and human systems influence and are impacted by a changing climate.
- How Big Data and Predictive Analytics can help manage climate change - Dec 31, 2015.
We review how Big data and data science can provide accurate analytics to help deal with climate change with tools like Global Forest Watch, Microsoft Research’s Madingley Model, and the Google Earth Engine.
- Global Data Competition focused on Climate Change - Jul 12, 2015.
This inaugural global data competition is focused on Climate Change and split into 22 regions around the world.
- Simple Data Science of Global Warming - Jan 19, 2015.
You don't have to be a climatologist to empirically confirm global warming. It is enough to have a computer, a reliable data set of historical temperatures, and software like R to do simple calculations.
- Nate Silver FiveThirtyEight tackles Climate Change, fails on Data Science - Mar 28, 2014.
Nate Silver FiveThirtyEight forays into climate science and drowns in criticism for bad data analysis. We examine a basic data science question: Can we tell if natural disasters are related to climate?