- KDnuggets™ News 21:n46, Dec 8: How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist; 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022 - Dec 8, 2021.
How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist; 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022; 2021: A Year Full of Amazing AI papers — A Review; What Does a Data Scientist Do?; A $9B AI Failure, Examined
AI, Business Strategy, Data Science, Data Scientist, Machine Learning, Project, Research
- A $9B AI Failure, Examined - Dec 7, 2021.
What happened at Zillow? An important real-world lesson in... just because you have a cool AI tool, doesn't mean that alone becomes your business model.
AI, Business Strategy, Predictive Modeling, Production, Project Fail, Real Estate
- Want to Build an AI Model for Your Business? Read this - Mar 25, 2020.
The best approach for AI production is similar to what venture capitalists (VC’s) do when they evaluate and invest in startups.
AI, Business Strategy, Modeling
- How to Solve the ModelOps Challenge - Oct 18, 2018.
A recent study shows that while 85% believe data science will allow their companies to obtain or sustain a competitive advantage, only 5% are using data science extensively. Join this webinar, Nov 14, to find out why.
Business Strategy, Business Value, Data Science, Domino, Modeling, ModelOps
- CVS: Senior Advisor, Trend Analytics – Senior Solution Strategist – Finance - Jun 18, 2018.
Seeking a candidate for leading analytic solutions, including advanced modeling, reporting development, and data infrastructure improvements aimed at improving our financial and contracting performance.
Analytics, AZ, Business Strategy, CVS, Finance, Scottsdale
- 6 Business Concepts you need to become a Data Science Unicorn - Mar 13, 2017.
Are you a data science professional and want to advance your career as Data Science Unicorn? Here we provide important business concepts and guidelines required for a data science techie to become a Unicorn.
Bernard Marr, Business Intelligence, Business Strategy, Data Science, Unicorn, Youtube
- The Data Science Delusion - Nov 30, 2016.
Gleanings from observed technical misunderstandings between business leaders and data scientists (and among data scientists themselves) so dramatic that one could start wondering whether there is something wrong with data science as it is being practiced.
Pages: 1 2
Business Context, Business Strategy, Business Value, Data Science, Machine Learning
- Determining the Economic Value of Data - Jun 30, 2016.
This post introduces a data economic valuation process that uses an organization’s key business initiatives as this basis for establishing prudent value.
Pages: 1 2
Big Data, Business Context, Business Strategy, Economics
- Positioning a Machine Learning Company - Apr 28, 2016.
The classic guide for entrepreneurs preparing a pitch is Sequoia’s Business Plan Template. This post aims to be a mere addendum to that in the age of machine learning.
Business Strategy, Machine Learning, Startup, Startups, VC
- Interview: Kenneth Viciana, Equifax on Data Lake & Other Strategies for Insights Culture - Mar 13, 2015.
We discuss the responsibilities of Enterprise Data Strategy team at Equifax, why Data Lake, Equifax Decision360, how to set up Insights Culture and bottlenecks for value delivery from Big Data.
Analytics, Business Strategy, Culture, Data Lakes, Equifax, Innovation, Insights, Kenneth Viciana
- Interview: M.C. Srivas, CTO, MapR on Data Agility – The Next Frontier of Big Data - Feb 12, 2015.
We discuss the competitive differentiation of MapR, challenges in consumerizing Big Data, trends, strategy recommendations, desired skills and more.
Big Data, Business Strategy, Challenges, Competition, Education, Interview, M. C. Srivas, MapR, Trends
- Interview: John Schitka, SAP on How to Get Started with Big Data - Jan 23, 2015.
We discuss the current perceptions of Big Data, challenges for Big Data consumerization, dealing with the talent gap, and business strategy for Big Data.
Business Strategy, Challenges, Hiring, John Schitka, Opportunities, SAP, SAP HANA
- Big Data Comic Explains the Current State of Privacy - Nov 7, 2014.
A new comic from Al Jazeera simplifies the Big Data concepts and educates on the privacy concerns based on recent technology advancements.
Big Data, Business Strategy, Comic, Free, IoT, NSA, Privacy
- Exclusive Interview: Imran Siddiqi, SAP on Why the Business needs Ambitious Big Data Use Cases - Sep 13, 2014.
We discuss the selection and tracking of use cases, key points for designing a sustainable information architecture, the need for ambitious use cases, SAP's competitive differentiation, and more.
Advanced Analytics, Architecture, Business Strategy, Imran Siddiqi, Industry, Interview, SAP, Use Cases, Vendors
- Exclusive Interview: Imran Siddiqi, SAP on the Strategic Value Proposition of Big Data - Sep 11, 2014.
We discuss the impact of Big Data advancements on business strategy, value proposition of Big Data, importance of partnerships, key risks and mitigation strategy, how to win sustained patronage for Big Data projects and more.
Advanced Analytics, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Business Strategy, Imran Siddiqi, SAP, Use Cases, Value Proposition, Vendors
- Top 10 References for applying Big Data and Analytics in Business - Aug 11, 2014.
See how businesses leverage data analytics for great gain to help others understand the business value of data science projects and provide examples to inspire your own data-driven projects.
Alex Jones, Applications, Business Analytics, Business Strategy, Business Value, Data Analytics
- The Impact Cycle – how to think of actionable insights - Jun 29, 2014.
The IMPACT Cycle provides a guiding framework for thinking about the steps for being effective analytical consultant, and can be a tool to help you drive effectiveness through your analytical teams.
Analytics Consultant, Business Analytics, Business Strategy, Data Analytics, Jean-Paul Isson
- Big Data Assessment – Key Business Drivers, Expected Benefits and Common Challenges - Jun 5, 2014.
Recent survey on Big Data outlook reports increasing interest in Big Data for more accurate and timely decision-making; and concerns about project costs and ability to scale.
Analytics, Big Data, Business Strategy, Challenges, Industry, Report
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Geoffrey Moore: Crossing the Chasm and Big Data - Mar 14, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with a noted author Geoffrey Moore about his "Crossing the Chasm" book, his vision for Big Data analytics, when Big Data will cross the chasm, and advice for entrepreneurs.
Adoption, Business Strategy, Crossing the Chasm, Geoffrey Moore, Interview, Life Cycle, Strata