- Sudoku Rules: Using a Decision Engine to Solve Candidate Pairs - Mar 30, 2021.
Follow along with the author's most recent installment in their quest to solve Sudoku puzzles, this time with the help of a decision engine to solve candidate pairs.
- Sudoku Rules: Using A Decision Engine To Solve Sudoku - Mar 15, 2021.
See the progress the author has made since last time, after setting themselves the challenge of solving Sudoku puzzles using an optimized inference engine, along with a few other advanced features of FICO® Blaze Advisor®.
- How well do you wear your “operationalizing analytics” hat? Take this simple quiz to find out. - Sep 23, 2020.
The first in a series of blogs by FICO’s Benjamin Baer introduces the role of decision management as a critical means to help data-driven insights drive your business decisions.
- Rapid Python Model Deployment with FICO Xpress Insight - Aug 20, 2020.
The biggest hurdle in the use of data to create business value, is indeed the ability to operationalize analytics throughout the organization. Xpress Insight is geared to reduce the burden on IT and address their critical requirements while empowering business users to take ownership of decisions and change management.
- Discover The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Of Two-Dimensional Score Matrices - Jul 20, 2020.
Two-dimensional score matrices are used in marketing, origination, or account management to make decisions, with other variables or policy rules. Let’s examine the pros and cons of this approach.
- How I Solved Sudoku With a Business Rules Engine - Jul 13, 2020.
"I set myself the challenge of using the optimized inference engine, along with a few other advanced features, of a decision rules management solution to solve Sudoku puzzles." Read the full post on how it was accomplished.
- Streamlining Analytic Deployment: Inside the FICO Decision Management Suite 2.0 - Jul 8, 2016.
This post explains what’s new in the 2.0 version of the FICO Decision Management Suite, and how it can be used by data scientists and others to create stronger customer relationships and provide strategic competitive advantage.
- When Big Data Means Bad Analytics - Mar 21, 2016.
When analytics delivers disappointing results, it is often because there is not enough analytic expertise, and/or lack of understanding of a business objectives for using Big Data in the first place. To avoid failure, insist on high standards.
- FICO Chief Analytics Officer 2016 Predictions - Jan 5, 2016.
NASA Juno mission will arrive at Jupiter. The Summer Olympics will take place in Rio de Janeiro. The US will have a presidential election. And prescriptive analytics will take center stage as the ultimate destination on the analytics journey.
- Big Data Best-Practice Checklist for Small and Medium Enterprises - Jul 30, 2015.
As more and more companies getting into the competition, it is important for the SMEs to get Big Data right from the start. Learn, how you can make most of the big data analytics.
- Forrester Wave(tm) Big Data Predictive Analytics 2015: Gainers and Losers - Apr 3, 2015.
IBM, SAS, and SAP lead in Forrester Wave(tm) Big Data Predictive Analytics Solutions for Q2, 2015. We compare with a previous Forrester Wave for 2013 and examine gainers and losers.
Pages: 1 2
- The Internet of People: 4 key principles for analyzing personal data - Feb 27, 2015.
The “Internet of People” raises a host of legal and ethical questions about the ownership and use of our personal data. We all have a stake in joining and navigating this increasingly stormy debate. Here are 4 key principles.
- Top stories for Dec 21-27: 2015 Predictions for big data and data science; The Big Data of Wearables - Dec 28, 2014.
2015 Predictions: What will happen to big data and data science?; The Big Data of Wearables; Open Source Tools for Machine Learning; FICO CAO sees a Post-Big Data World.
- FICO Chief Analytics Officer Sees a Post–Big Data World in 2015 - Dec 21, 2014.
Predictive analytics and the Big Data that fuels it become deeply and broadly embedded in business and society – no longer a phenomenon but widely accepted as part of the foundation. Here are a few of his predictions for the coming year.
- FICO Analytics Competition: Helping Santa Helpers - Dec 11, 2014.
FICO is sponsoring a Kaggle competition to optimize Santa's scheduling algorithm. Competitors can win in multiple categories and the best solution using FICO Xpress Optimization Suite will receive a special prize.
- The Algorithm that Runs the World Can Now Run More of It - Jun 13, 2014.
The most important algorithm, used for optimizing almost everything, is linear programming. New advances allow linear programming problems to be solved faster using the new commercial parallel simplex solver.
- April 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - May 8, 2014.
April 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Experfy, Dunnhumby, NexGraph, Fundbox, FICO, Gnip, Fliptop, InBloom, Jaspersoft, and more.
- Are Big Data and Privacy at odds? FICO Interview - Apr 23, 2014.
We discuss privacy, FICO scores, balancing predictive power and non-discrimination, whether technology bringing big data and privacy closer, and most important privacy issues for FICO.
- FICO Livecast: Analytically Powered Applications Driving Success, Mar 27 - Mar 20, 2014.
Learn how the world leading companies are building and using analytically powered applications to be more responsive to their customers, presented by Forrester research and FICO.
- How Deep Learning Analytics Mimic the Mind - Mar 19, 2014.
There has been a lot of buzz surrounding the potential impact deep learning will have in the field of analytics. This post looks at the origins of deep learning.
- Evolution of Fraud Analytics – An Inside Story - Mar 14, 2014.
The amazing analytic innovations in payment fraud prevention can be grouped into three major categories: large data-set modeling, sparse data-set modeling, and false-positive reductions - a view from the inside.
- FICO: 20+ Years of Analytics Innovations to fight Fraud - Mar 12, 2014.
FICO infographic shows 20+ years of analytics innovations protecting consumers from payments fraud. It highlights the most significant innovations in anti-fraud analytics for card payments, and offers interesting facts about payment fraud.
- The Data Mining Group releases PMML v4.2 Predictive Modeling Standard - Feb 25, 2014.
The Data Mining Group, a vendor-led consortium of companies and organizations developing standards for statistical and data mining models, announced the general availability of version 4.2 of the Predictive Model Markup Language (PMML).
- 10 New Year resolutions for CIOs who want to take the Big Data plunge in 2014 - Jan 28, 2014.
The Big Data hype is everywhere, but many CIOs aren’t sure how to take their first steps toward adopting Big Data. Here are 10 New Year’s resolutions for CIOs who want to take the Big Data plunge in 2014.