- Stop Blaming Humans for Bias in AI - Nov 19, 2021.
Can artificial intelligence be rid of bias? This is an important question, and it’s equally important that we look in the right place for the answer.
- Improving model performance through human participation - Apr 23, 2021.
Certain industries, such as medicine and finance, are sensitive to false positives. Using human input in the model inference loop can increase the final precision and recall. Here, we describe how to incorporate human feedback at inference time, so that Machines + Humans = Higher Precision & Recall.
- Teaching AI to See Like a Human - Mar 22, 2021.
DeepMind Generative Query Networks can infer knowledge as they navigate a visual environment.
- Deep Learning for Virtual Try On Clothes – Challenges and Opportunities - Oct 16, 2020.
Learn about the experiments by MobiDev for transferring 2D clothing items onto the image of a person. As part of their efforts to bring AR and AI technologies into virtual fitting room development, they review the deep learning algorithms and architecture under development and the current state of results.
- 3D Human Pose Estimation Experiments and Analysis - Aug 17, 2020.
In this article, we explore how 3D human pose estimation works based on our research and experiments, which were part of the analysis of applying human pose estimation in AI fitness coach applications.
- Why Do AI Systems Need Human Intervention to Work Well? - Jun 5, 2020.
All is not well with artificial intelligence-based systems during the coronavirus pandemic. No, the virus does not impact AI – however, it does impact humans, without whom AI and ML systems cannot function properly. Surprised?
- Live Webinar: Continual Learning with Human-in-the-loop - Nov 18, 2019.
Join this live webinar from cnvrg, Continual Learning with Human-in-the-loop, Nov 26 @ 12 PM EST, and learn the role of human-in-the-loop in your ML pipeline, how to close the loop in your pipeline, and much more.
- Autonomy – Do we have the choice? - Nov 21, 2018.
Choice of taking decision or not taking a decision requires a free will. Machines do not have free will. They do what they do, some machines do intelligent things but not with choice. Interesting question to think is - what is choice? or what is autonomy?
- The Economics and Benefits of Artificial Intelligence - Sep 13, 2018.
In this article, focus on current AI, which is mostly based on the algorithms that can do predictions, and discuss how the economics of AI works and how it may affect business.
- How to Lie with Data Science - Jul 27, 2018.
This post is not really about how to lie with Data Science. Instead, it’s about how we may be fooled by not giving enough attention to details in different parts of the pipeline.
- Cartoon: Taxes, Artificial Intelligence, and Humans - Apr 15, 2017.
In honor of Tax Day, new KDnuggets Cartoon looks at an unexpected white-collar job that may resist automation and Machine Learning.
- Machine Learning Meets Humans – Insights from HUML 2016 - Jan 6, 2017.
Report from an important IEEE workshop on Human Use of Machine Learning, covering trust, responsibility, the value of explanation, safety of machine learning, discrimination in human vs. machine decision making, and more.
Pages: 1 2