- Free Economics & Finance Courses for Data Scientists - Jun 25, 2020.
Here is a selection of courses for those interested in diversifying their domain knowledge into the related realms of economics and finance, with the goal of being able to apply your data science skills to these domains.
- Using the Economics Value Curve to Drive Digital Transformation - Dec 27, 2018.
Optimizing a single objective, or a single point, is actually quite easy because there are no conflicting objectives. The real business challenge, and the source of much innovation, is trying to optimize a decision across multiple variables. Let’s explore this further.
- The Economics and Benefits of Artificial Intelligence - Sep 13, 2018.
In this article, focus on current AI, which is mostly based on the algorithms that can do predictions, and discuss how the economics of AI works and how it may affect business.
- UnitedHealth Group: Associate Director, Healthcare Economics (Santa Ana, CA) - Aug 17, 2018.
Seeking an Associate Director, Healthcare Economics to research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data, provide management with statistical findings and conclusions, and more.
- Usage Patterns and the Economics of the Public Cloud - Jul 6, 2017.
Research in economics and operations management posits that dynamic pricing is critically important when capacity is fixed (at least in the short run) and fixed costs represent a substantial fraction of total costs.
- Uber-fication! Uberize Your Business - Jan 2, 2017.
We examine what Uber has done that drives success in many markets across the globe and why so many businesses are seeking an Uber-style solution to their business. We present a listing of lessons on what to do if you are seeking to Uber-ize your business model.
- Big Data Dilemma: Save Me Money Versus Make Me Money - Sep 7, 2016.
Does your organization see Big Data as an opportunity to “Save Me More Money”, or does your organization see Big Data as an opportunity to “Make Me More Money”?
- Determining the Economic Value of Data - Jun 30, 2016.
This post introduces a data economic valuation process that uses an organization’s key business initiatives as this basis for establishing prudent value.
Pages: 1 2
- Highmark Health: Medical Economics Consultant - Jun 24, 2016.
Highmark Health is seeking a Medical Economics Consultant to support its Advanced Analytics and Reporting Department.
- Big Data: Content and Technology - May 11, 2016.
A discussion of using Big Data to provide insight into the big economic questions, and the big expectations that come along.
Pages: 1 2
- Uber-fication: Lessons from Uber in Economics, Digital, Risk, and Analytics - Dec 5, 2015.
Uber-fication or Uberisation is the conversion of existing jobs and services into discrete tasks that can be requested on-demand; the emulation or adoption of the Uber’s business model. Here we have discussed opportunities, risk and challenges while doing uberisation.
- U. of California, Santa Cruz: Assistant Professor in Economic and Information Networks - Oct 21, 2015.
We seek outstanding candidates who do empirical and/or analytical fundamental research in information economics, network science, computational advertising or marketing analytics, mechanism design, or computational/algorithmic economics.
- Interview: Andrew Duguay, Prevedere on the Hidden Value in Global Data Sets - Jul 31, 2015.
We discuss the challenges in analyzing global economic datasets, impact of Big Data growth on economics, desired skills in data scientists, and more.
- Interview: Andrew Duguay, Prevedere on Economic Intelligence from Integrating Public Datasets - Jul 30, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Prevedere Software, understanding the impact of external factors on a company’s performance, features of in-memory correlation engine and economic intelligence by Prevedere.
- Cloud Machine Learning’s Ostrich Mania & Uncanny Valley - May 14, 2015.
Cloud machine learning services are popping up by the tens, providing automated data science solutions. What will the anticipated customers want? They may follow a peculiar distribution reminiscent of the uncanny valley.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Emmanuel Letouzé, Data-Pop Alliance on the Role of Big Data in Economic Development - Apr 23, 2015.
We discuss the emerging Big Data ecosystem, its key players, and the severe consequences of inadequate statistical capabilities across many African nations.
Pages: 1 2
- Piketty Revisited: Improving Economics through Data Science - Oct 22, 2014.
How Data Curation and Data Science Enable More Faithful Economics (In Much Less Time) - a leading database researcher explains.