- Monte Carlo integration in Python - Dec 24, 2020.
A famous Casino-inspired trick for data science, statistics, and all of science. How to do it in Python?
- AI Is More Than a Model: Four Steps to Complete Workflow Success - Nov 17, 2020.
The key element for success in practical AI implementation is uncovering any issues early on and knowing what aspects of the workflow to focus time and resources on for the best results—and it’s not always the most obvious steps.
- The Forgotten Algorithm - Feb 20, 2020.
This article explores Monte Carlo Simulation with Streamlit.
- Moving Predictive Maintenance from Theory to Practice - Dec 9, 2019.
Here are four common hurdles that need to be overcome before tapping into the benefits of predictive maintenance.
- A Data Scientist’s Path to Understanding Market Simulation - Jul 1, 2019.
Made possible by recent advances in computing power and machine learning, market simulation employs agent-based modeling, behavioral science and network science to recreate the complex dynamics and rules of how a population of people in a given market behave, influence each other and make decisions.
- University of Virginia: Open Rank Model and Simulation at the Human-Technology Frontier [Charlottesville, VA] - Dec 24, 2018.
The School of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Virginia seeks applicants for an open rank tenure-track/tenured faculty position in the area of modeling and simulation at the human-technology frontier.
- Top Obstacles to Overcome when Implementing Predictive Maintenance - Oct 29, 2018.
We investigate how to create a systematic approach to predictive maintenance, ensuring there's enough data to create accurate systems. This post also explains how to identify a failure source and knowing how to predict it.
- No order left behind; no shopper left idle. - Oct 25, 2017.
This post is about how we use Monte Carlo simulations to balance supply and demand in a rapidly growing, high-variance marketplace.
Pages: 1 2
- INFORMS Analytics courses: Discrete-Event Simulation, Essential Practice Skills for Analytics Professionals - May 14, 2015.
INFORMS Continuing Education courses are designed to enhance the skills for today’s analytics professionals. SPECIAL OFFER: Register now to save $350 on registration for the upcoming course Introduction to Monte Carlo and Discrete-Event Simulation, offered on May 28-29 in Washington, DC.
- Interview: Mark Weiner, Temple University Health System on Addressing Healthcare Data Gaps through Advanced Simulation - May 12, 2015.
We discuss dealing with current gaps in healthcare data, challenges in using real world healthcare data, desired skills for data scientists in healthcare industry, advice, and more.
- Boeing: Aerospace Systems Modeling and Simulation Engineer - Nov 25, 2014.
We are interested in those experienced in aerospace systems modeling and software development with emphasis on simulation and visualization of diverse information sets using diverse system architectures.