- The Forgotten Algorithm - Feb 20, 2020.
This article explores Monte Carlo Simulation with Streamlit.
- Moving Predictive Maintenance from Theory to Practice - Dec 9, 2019.
Here are four common hurdles that need to be overcome before tapping into the benefits of predictive maintenance.
- A Data Scientist’s Path to Understanding Market Simulation - Jul 1, 2019.
Made possible by recent advances in computing power and machine learning, market simulation employs agent-based modeling, behavioral science and network science to recreate the complex dynamics and rules of how a population of people in a given market behave, influence each other and make decisions.
- University of Virginia: Open Rank Model and Simulation at the Human-Technology Frontier [Charlottesville, VA] - Dec 24, 2018.
The School of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Virginia seeks applicants for an open rank tenure-track/tenured faculty position in the area of modeling and simulation at the human-technology frontier.
- Top Obstacles to Overcome when Implementing Predictive Maintenance - Oct 29, 2018.
We investigate how to create a systematic approach to predictive maintenance, ensuring there's enough data to create accurate systems. This post also explains how to identify a failure source and knowing how to predict it.
- No order left behind; no shopper left idle. - Oct 25, 2017.
This post is about how we use Monte Carlo simulations to balance supply and demand in a rapidly growing, high-variance marketplace.
Pages: 1 2
- INFORMS Analytics courses: Discrete-Event Simulation, Essential Practice Skills for Analytics Professionals - May 14, 2015.
INFORMS Continuing Education courses are designed to enhance the skills for today’s analytics professionals. SPECIAL OFFER: Register now to save $350 on registration for the upcoming course Introduction to Monte Carlo and Discrete-Event Simulation, offered on May 28-29 in Washington, DC.
- Interview: Mark Weiner, Temple University Health System on Addressing Healthcare Data Gaps through Advanced Simulation - May 12, 2015.
We discuss dealing with current gaps in healthcare data, challenges in using real world healthcare data, desired skills for data scientists in healthcare industry, advice, and more.
- Boeing: Aerospace Systems Modeling and Simulation Engineer - Nov 25, 2014.
We are interested in those experienced in aerospace systems modeling and software development with emphasis on simulation and visualization of diverse information sets using diverse system architectures.