- Seven Myths About the True Costs of AI Systems - Oct 24, 2019.
While there is much excitement today around implementing AI at the enterprise level, the financial costs of this process are often unexpected and underappreciated. These seven myths are crucial lessons learned that executives should know before heading down the road to AI.
- Samsung Tech Day: Today’s Electronic Devices Seem Magical, But the Real Super-Power is in Silicon - Oct 23, 2019.
Samsung’s Tech Day event showcases processor and memory advances for 5G, AI, Cloud and Edge Computing, Automotive, IoT, and more.
- Intro to Adversarial Machine Learning and Generative Adversarial Networks - Oct 23, 2019.
In this crash course on GANs, we explore where they fit into the pantheon of generative models, how they've changed over time, and what the future has in store for this area of machine learning.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n40, Oct 23: How to Become a (Good) Data Scientist; Writing Your First Neural Net in 30 Lines with Keras - Oct 23, 2019.
Read useful advice on how to become a good data scientist; see how you can write your 1st neural net in under 30 lines of Keras code; Understand why AI salaries are heading skywards and what skills you need for them; and read about key ideas and methods in anomaly detection
- Bye Data Scientists, Hello AI? Not Likely! - Oct 22, 2019.
AI is becoming more mainstream. The fact that computers/robots will learn after being built and will surpass a human's intelligence is terrifying.
- Anomaly Detection, A Key Task for AI and Machine Learning, Explained - Oct 21, 2019.
One way to process data faster and more efficiently is to detect abnormal events, changes or shifts in datasets. Anomaly detection refers to identification of items or events that do not conform to an expected pattern or to other items in a dataset that are usually undetectable by a human expert.
- Building an intelligent Digital Assistant - Oct 18, 2019.
In this second part we want to outline our own experience building an AI application and reflect on why we chose not to utilise deep learning as the core technology used.
- Artificial Intelligence: Salaries Heading Skyward - Oct 17, 2019.
While the average salary for a Software Engineer is around $100,000 to $150,000, to make the big bucks you want to be an AI or Machine Learning (Specialist/Scientist/Engineer.)
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n39, Oct 16: Key Ideas in Document Embedding; The problem with metrics is a big problem for AI - Oct 16, 2019.
This week on KDnuggets: Beyond Word Embedding: Key Ideas in Document Embedding; The problem with metrics is a big problem for AI; Activation maps for deep learning models in a few lines of code; There is No Such Thing as a Free Lunch; 8 Paths to Getting a Machine Learning Job Interview; and much, much more.
- There is No Such Thing as a Free Lunch - Oct 11, 2019.
You have heard the expression “there is no such thing as a free lunch” – well in machine learning the same principle holds. In fact there is even a theorem with the same name.
- The problem with metrics is a big problem for AI - Oct 11, 2019.
The practice of optimizing metrics is not new nor unique to AI, yet AI can be particularly efficient (even too efficient!) at doing so.
- Lemma, Lemma, Red Pyjama: Or, doing words with AI - Oct 10, 2019.
If we want a machine learning model to be able to generalize these forms together, we need to map them to a shared representation. But when are two different words the same for our purposes? It depends.
- Why the ‘why way’ is the right way to restoring trust in AI - Oct 8, 2019.
As so many more organizations now rely on AI to deliver services and consumer experiences, establishing a public trust in the AI is crucial as these systems begin to make harder decisions that impact customers.
- OpenAI Tried to Train AI Agents to Play Hide-And-Seek but Instead They Were Shocked by What They Learned - Oct 7, 2019.
OpenAI trained agents in a simple game of hide-and-seek and learned many other different skills in the process.
- 5 Fundamental AI Principles - Oct 3, 2019.
While AI may appear magical at times, these five principles will help guide you to avoid pitfalls when leveraging this tech.
- How AI will transform healthcare (and can it fix the US healthcare system?) - Sep 30, 2019.
This thorough review focuses on the impact of AI, 5G, and edge computing on the healthcare sector in the 2020s as well as a look at quantum computing's potential impact on AI, healthcare, and financial services.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n36, Sep 25: The Hidden Risk of AI and Big Data; The 5 Sampling Algorithms every Data Scientist needs to know - Sep 25, 2019.
Learn about unexpected risk of AI applied to Big Data; Study 5 Sampling Algorithms every Data Scientist needs to know; Read how one data scientist copes with his boring days of deploying machine learning; 5 beginner-friendly steps to learn ML with Python; and more.
- 5 Famous Deep Learning Courses/Schools of 2019 - Sep 24, 2019.
Deep Learning is/has become the hottest skill in Data Science at the moment. There is a plethora of articles, courses, technologies, influencers and resources that we can leverage to gain the Deep Learning skills.
- The Hidden Risk of AI and Big Data - Sep 20, 2019.
With recent advances in AI being enabled through access to so much “Big Data” and cheap computing power, there is incredible momentum in the field. Can big data really deliver on all this hype, and what can go wrong?
- What is Machine Behavior? - Sep 16, 2019.
The new emerging field that wants to study AI agents the way social scientists study humans.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 04-10: How #AI will transform #healthcare; 10 Great Python Resources for Aspiring Data Scientists - Sep 11, 2019.
Python Libraries for Interpretable Machine Learning; How #AI will transform #healthcare (and can it fix US healthcare system?); Building Recommendation System - an overview ; I wasn't getting hired as a Data Scientist. So I sought data on who is.
- BERT is changing the NLP landscape - Sep 9, 2019.
BERT is changing the NLP landscape and making chatbots much smarter by enabling computers to better understand speech and respond intelligently in real-time.
- Beyond Neurons: Five Cognitive Functions of the Human Brain that we are Trying to Recreate with Artificial Intelligence - Sep 3, 2019.
The quest for recreating cognitive capabilities of the brain in deep neural networks remains one of the elusive goals of AI. Let’s explore some human cognitive skills that are serving as inspiration to a new generation of AI techniques.
- Cartoon: Labor Day in the age of AI - Sep 2, 2019.
KDnuggets cartoon looks at how AI will impact Labor Day in the year 2050.
- The Death of Centralized AI and the Rise of Open AI - Aug 29, 2019.
Centralized AI is giving way to more democratic AI systems, which are becoming more and more accessible to data scientists, both through code and through open ecosystems.
- A 2019 Guide to Human Pose Estimation - Aug 28, 2019.
Human pose estimation refers to the process of inferring poses in an image. Essentially, it entails predicting the positions of a person’s joints in an image or video. This problem is also sometimes referred to as the localization of human joints.
- Introducing AI Explainability 360: A New Toolkit to Help You Understand what Machine Learning Models are Doing - Aug 27, 2019.
Recently, AI researchers from IBM open sourced AI Explainability 360, a new toolkit of state-of-the-art algorithms that support the interpretability and explainability of machine learning models.
- Artificial Intelligence vs. Machine Learning vs. Deep Learning: What is the Difference? - Aug 26, 2019.
Over the past few years, artificial intelligence continues to be one of the hottest topics. And in order to work effectively with it, you need to understand its constituent parts.
- Gender Diversity in AI Research - Aug 21, 2019.
Through an analysis of 1.5M papers from arXiv, this study reviews the evolution of gender diversity across disciplines, countries, and institutions as well as the semantic differences between AI papers with and without female co-authors.
- Artificial Intelligence Is Not Intelligence – Interview With Andy Cotgreave (Keynote Speaker at Crunch Conf) - Aug 20, 2019.
Crunch is coming to Budapest, Hungary on 16-18 Oct. Use code KDNuggets to save on Data Science, Data Engineering, or BI tracks. But first, read this interview with keynote speaker Andy Cotgreave.
- U. of Miami: Faculty Positions, with expertise in AI/Data Science/ML or related areas [Miami, FL] - Aug 15, 2019.
The positions require research and teaching expertise in AI/Data Science, or related areas including Data Extraction, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, and Intelligent Actuators.
- Introducing the Plato Research Dialogue System: Building Conversational Applications at Uber’s Scale - Aug 15, 2019.
While the process of building simple, domain-specific chatbots has gotten way easier, building large scale, multi-agent conversational applications remains a massive challenge. Recently, the Uber engineering team open sourced the Plato Research Dialogue System, which is the framework powering conversational agents across Uber’s different applications.
- How Creating an AI Study Group Boosted My Skills and Got Me a Job - Aug 13, 2019.
The amount of time I had to put in to organize the AI Society left me sometimes sleep-deprived but it was definitely worth it. It was also one of the main factors why I got the job in Machine Learning after all. I hope that this article will inspire you to create your own AI study group!
- 6 Key Concepts in Andrew Ng’s “Machine Learning Yearning” - Aug 12, 2019.
If you are diving into AI and machine learning, Andrew Ng's book is a great place to start. Learn about six important concepts covered to better understand how to use these tools from one of the field's best practitioners and teachers.
- Inside Pluribus: Facebook’s New AI That Just Mastered the World’s Most Difficult Poker Game - Aug 8, 2019.
The reasons why Pluribus represents a major breakthrough in AI systems might result confusing to many readers. After all, in recent years AI researchers have made tremendous progress across different complex games. However, six-player, no-limit Texas Hold’em still remains one of the most elusive challenges for AI systems.
- Are We Ready to Partner With Machines?
Data Science Salon Miami, September 10-11 - Jul 31, 2019.
When it comes to AI, there’s plenty of talk of the future of machines. But it’s the people behind AI development who have the insights needed to shape that future. Register now to catch all of our speakers at the Data Science Salon Miami, Sep 10-11, 2019.
- Top 10 Best Podcasts on AI, Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning - Jul 29, 2019.
Check out our latest Top 10 Most Popular Data Science and Machine Learning podcasts available on iTunes. Stay up to date in the field with these recent episodes and join in with the current data conversations.
- Decentralized and Collaborative AI: How Microsoft Research is Using Blockchains to Build More Transparent Machine Learning Models - Jul 29, 2019.
Recently, AI researchers from Microsoft open sourced the Decentralized & Collaborative AI on Blockchain project that enables the implementation of decentralized machine learning models based on blockchain technologies.
- High-Quality AI And Machine Learning Data Labeling At Scale: A Brief Research Report - Jul 25, 2019.
Analyst firm Cognilytica estimates that as much as 80% of machine learning project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, labeling, and augmenting machine learning model data. So, how do innovative machine learning teams prepare data in such a way that they can trust its quality, cost of preparation, and the speed with which it’s delivered?
- State of AI Report 2019 - Jul 5, 2019.
This year's "State of AI Report" has been released. Read it to find out about the latest in AI research, talent, industry, and politics form the past 12 months.
- NLP vs. NLU: from Understanding a Language to Its Processing - Jul 3, 2019.
As AI progresses and the technology becomes more sophisticated, we expect existing techniques to evolve. With these changes, will the well-founded natural language processing give way to natural language understanding? Or, are the two concepts subtly distinct to hold their own niche in AI?
- Seven Key Dimensions to Help You Understand Artificial Intelligence Environments - Jul 2, 2019.
Understanding an AI environment is an incredibly complex task but there are several key dimensions that provide clarity on that reasoning.
- How To Get Funding For AI Startups - Jun 27, 2019.
What are the biggest challenges AI startups have when pitching to investors? Learn how to grab their attention with these recommendations on how to start building your AI company.
- Monash University: (Senior) Research Fellow in AI [Suzhou, China] - Jun 26, 2019.
Seeking an individual passionate about undertaking research in an area of Artificial Intelligence (AI), as well as multidisciplinary research through the application of AI to problems, and to be responsible for conducting research in areas of AI.
- How Google uses Reinforcement Learning to Train AI Agents in the Most Popular Sport in the World - Jun 21, 2019.
Researchers from the Google Brain team open sourced Google Research Football, a new environment that leverages reinforcement learning to teach AI agents how to master the most popular sport in the world.
- Natural Language Interface to DataTable - Jun 21, 2019.
You have to write SQL queries to query data from a relational database. Sometimes, you even have to write complex queries to do that. Won't it be amazing if you could use a chatbot to retrieve data from a database using simple English? That's what this tutorial is all about.
- Examining the Transformer Architecture: The OpenAI GPT-2 Controversy - Jun 20, 2019.
GPT-2 is a generative model, created by OpenAI, trained on 40GB of Internet to predict the next word. And OpenAI found this model to be SO good that they did not release the fully trained model due to their concerns about malicious applications of the technology.
- The Emergence of Cooperative and Competitive AI Agents - Jun 19, 2019.
Without specific training in collaboration or competition, a recent AI model from DeepMind uses reinforcement learning to evolve these behaviors in game-playing agents. Learn how this emergent collective intelligence outperforms their human counterparts in 3D multiplayer games.
- Penn State: Nittany AI Associates Program Manager [University Park, PA] - Jun 13, 2019.
Seeking an individual who can contribute to the overall success of the program by providing input and direction regarding program goals and operations, and provide leadership and management needed to achieve program success.
- Crowdsourcing vs. Managed Teams: A Study in Data Labeling Quality - Jun 12, 2019.
You need data labeled for ML. You can do it in-house, crowdsource it, or hire a managed service. If data quality matters, read this.
- Why organizations fail in scaling AI and Machine Learning - May 29, 2019.
We explain why AI needs to understand business processes and how the business processes need to be able to change to bring insight from AI into the process.
- Big Data and AI Toronto 2019 - May 28, 2019.
Don't miss Canada's #1 data, AI and analytics conference + expo. From solving your data-driven business challenges to helping you navigate the latest machine learning tools, Big Data and AI Toronto is designed to give you a 360-degree view on the industry.
- AI in the Family: how to teach machine learning to your kids - May 28, 2019.
AI is all the rage with today’s programmers, but what about the next generation? Machine learning can be introduced to young ones just now learning about code, and you can help spark their interest.
- Your Guide to Natural Language Processing (NLP) - May 23, 2019.
This extensive post covers NLP use cases, basic examples, Tokenization, Stop Words Removal, Stemming, Lemmatization, Topic Modeling, the future of NLP, and more.
- Building a Computer Vision Model: Approaches and datasets - May 20, 2019.
How can we build a computer vision model using CNNs? What are existing datasets? And what are approaches to train the model? This article provides an answer to these essential questions when trying to understand the most important concepts of computer vision.
- Think Like an Amateur, Do As an Expert: Lessons from a Career in Computer Vision - May 17, 2019.
Dr. Takeo Kanade shared his life lessons from an illustrious 50-year career in Computer Vision at last year's Embedded Vision Summit. You have a chance to attend the 2019 Embedded Vision Summit, from May 20-23, in the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara CA.
- Machine Learning in Agriculture: Applications and Techniques - May 14, 2019.
Machine Learning has emerged together with big data technologies and high-performance computing to create new opportunities to unravel, quantify, and understand data intensive processes in agricultural operational environments.
- What’s Going to Happen this Year in the Data World - May 14, 2019.
"If we wish to foresee the future of mathematics, our proper course is to study the history and present condition of the science." Henri Poncairé.
- Ethical AI: EU’s New Guidelines and the Future of AI Trustworthiness - May 10, 2019.
The EU has issued a set of guidelines, "Ethics Guidelines for Trustworthy AI" to help tech companies steer towards ethical and inclusive AI as we come to terms with the potential of this technology.
- Monash U.: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Creative AI) [Melbourne, Australia] - May 9, 2019.
Monash University is seeking a (Senior) Lecturer in Creative AI, to join our high achieving and highly motivated team of teaching and research staff. Apply by 19 May 2019.
- Strata SF day 2 Highlights: AI and Politics, Chatbots Insights, Forecasting Uncertainty, Scalable Video Analysis, and more - May 3, 2019.
AI influencing Politics, insights from Chatbots, Enterprise Data Cloud, handling Video Big Data, and more takeaways from Strata Data Conference 2019, San Francisco.
- Strata SF day 1 Highlights: from Edge to AI, scoring AI projects, cyberconflict, cryptography - Apr 29, 2019.
Journey from “Edge to AI”, scoring your AI projects, cyberconflict, role of cryptography in AI and more insights from a leading conference.
- Delivering Trusted AI with DataRobot and Microsoft - Apr 26, 2019.
In this webinar, Apr 30 @ 1 PM ET, attendees will learn more about how their organizations can add AI to BI, making more predictive decisions along the way.
- AI and the data production landscape - Apr 26, 2019.
Data Science Salon NY returns to Viacom HQ in Times Square on June 13. Here are insights from DSS NY top speakers on the future of AI in the media production landscape.
- Meet the World’s Leading AI & Deep Learning Experts - Apr 25, 2019.
RE-WORK returns to San Francisco Jun 20-21 with the Deep Reinforcement Learning Summit, the Applied AI Summit and the AI for Good Summit. KDnuggets subscribers get 20% off Early Bird discounted passes when you register before May 3 with code KDNUGGETS.
- Attention Craving RNNS: Building Up To Transformer Networks - Apr 24, 2019.
RNNs let us model sequences in neural networks. While there are other ways of modeling sequences, RNNs are particularly useful. RNNs come in two flavors, LSTMs (Hochreiter et al, 1997) and GRUs (Cho et al, 2014)
Pages: 1 2
- AI Supporting The Earth - Apr 22, 2019.
To celebrate Earth Day 2019, we explain how Intel is committed to advancing uses of AI that positively impact our world by providing social good organizations with technologies and expertise to accelerate their work.
- Distributed Artificial Intelligence: A primer on Multi-Agent Systems, Agent-Based Modeling, and Swarm Intelligence - Apr 18, 2019.
Distributed Artificial Intelligence (DAI) is a class of technologies and methods that span from swarm intelligence to multi-agent technologies. It is one of the subsets of AI where simulation has greater importance that point-prediction.
- An introduction to explainable AI, and why we need it - Apr 15, 2019.
We introduce explainable AI, why it is needed, and present the Reversed Time Attention Model, Local Interpretable Model-Agnostic Explanation and Layer-wise Relevance Propagation.
- AI For Ordinary Folks - Apr 11, 2019.
There are many excellent books, articles, YouTube lectures and blogs on AI and topics related to it aimed at data scientists and AI researchers. You may want to, instead, check out this list of AI resources crafted for ordinary folks.
- [Upcoming Webinar] 5 Steps to Building Responsible AI Systems - Apr 10, 2019.
What does responsible AI mean? This webinar, Apr 18 @ 11 AM ET, will cover the essential steps to building AI systems that are responsible.
- Beyond Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa – what you need to know about AI Conversational Applications - Apr 10, 2019.
We discuss industry trends in Artificial Intelligence with Vijay Ramakrishnan, a machine learning engineer and expert in conversational applications.
- What is missing when AI makes a decision? - Apr 5, 2019.
We explain the need for caution when it comes to using AI in real-life situations and outline the importance of asking the right question to deliver the right impact.
- Another 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Apr 5, 2019.
Check out another follow-up collection of free machine learning and data science courses to give you some spring study ideas.
- Download your DATAx guide to AI in Marketing - Apr 4, 2019.
Find out how marketers can utilise AI, data segmentation, digital natives, influencers, apps and the internet to help build better, more personalized customer experience: download our ebook 'DATAx: Guide to AI in Marketing'.
- KDnuggets Offer: Save 20% on Strata in London - Apr 4, 2019.
Strata Data Conference is coming to London Apr 29-May 2. Discover what's coming in data and AI. Save 20% on Gold, Silver, and Bronze passes with code KDNU (up to £231 on a Gold pass).
- Accelerate AI and Data Science Career Expo, May 4, 2019 - Apr 3, 2019.
The Accelerate AI and Data Science Career Expo 2019 takes place Saturday, May 4th from 10:30am - 3:00pm. Get your ticket now, or join us for free as an ODSC ticket holder!
- Yeshiva University: Tenure-track Faculty in AI and Machine Learning (Open Rank) [New York, NY] - Apr 2, 2019.
The Katz School of Science and Health at Yeshiva University invites applications for tenure-track faculty in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Science for its graduate programs.
- Yeshiva University: Program Director / Tenure Track Faculty Member of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning [New York, NY] - Apr 2, 2019.
The Katz School of Science and Health at Yeshiva University seeks a dynamic leader to serve as academic and administrative head of its graduate initiatives in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. This is a tenure eligible position depending on experience and qualifications.
- XAI – A Data Scientist’s Mouthpiece - Apr 1, 2019.
We outline the usefulness of Explainable AI, which allows you to explain the results of a multidimensional model - including having a multimodal decision boundary - to a business user.
- What Does GPT-2 Think About the AI Arms Race? - Apr 1, 2019.
It may be April first, but that doesn't mean you will necessarily be fooled by GPT-2's views on the AI arms race. Why not have a read for fun and to see what the language generation model is capable of.
- The Deep Learning Toolset — An Overview - Mar 28, 2019.
We are observing an increasing number of great tools that help facilitate the intricate process that is deep learning, making it both more accessible and more efficient.
- Explainable AI or Halting Faulty Models ahead of Disaster - Mar 27, 2019.
A brief overview of a new method for explainable AI (XAI), called anchors, introduce its open-source implementation and show how to use it to explain models predicting the survival of Titanic passengers.
- Pedestrian Detection in Aerial Images Using RetinaNet - Mar 26, 2019.
Object Detection in Aerial Images is a challenging and interesting problem. By using Keras to train a RetinaNet model for object detection in aerial images, we can use it to extract valuable information.
- Scaling Big Data and AI – Spark + AI Summit 2019 - Mar 25, 2019.
Data and AI are all about scale. Databricks is bringing the Spark + AI Summit to San Francisco Apr 23-25. Check out the full list of sessions at Summit to see more exciting talks. Use code KDNuggets200 and get $200 off registration.
- The AI Black Box Explanation Problem - Mar 25, 2019.
Introducing Black Box AI, a system for automated decision making often based on machine learning over big data, which maps a user’s features into a class predicting the behavioural traits of the individuals.
- Win KDnuggets Pass to Artificial Intelligence Conference, Apr 15-18, NYC - Mar 22, 2019.
KDnuggets readers have a chance to win a Bronze Pass to AI Conference 2019, a new must-attend conference for AI business and technology.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n11, Mar 20: Another 10 Free Must-Read Books for Data Science; 19 Inspiring Women in AI, Big Data, Machine Learning - Mar 20, 2019.
Also: Who is a typical Data Scientist in 2019?; The Pareto Principle for Data Scientists; My favorite mind-blowing Machine Learning/AI breakthroughs; Building NLP Classifiers Cheaply With Transfer Learning and Weak Supervision; Advanced Keras - Accurately Resuming a Training Process
- Artificial Neural Networks Optimization using Genetic Algorithm with Python - Mar 18, 2019.
This tutorial explains the usage of the genetic algorithm for optimizing the network weights of an Artificial Neural Network for improved performance.
Pages: 1 2
- My favorite mind-blowing Machine Learning/AI breakthroughs - Mar 14, 2019.
We present some of our favorite breakthroughs in Machine Learning and AI in recent times, complete with papers, video links and brief summaries for each.
- Cartoon: AI and March Madness - Mar 14, 2019.
AI has mastered chess, Go, and other games, but can AI master March Madness? KDnuggets Cartoon imagines one scenario when this happens.
- Apply for a Mozilla Fellowship - Mar 13, 2019.
During their 10-month tenure, Mozilla fellows design products, run campaigns, and influence policy around the theme of “better machine decision making.” Fellows receive competitive funding + benefits, and a travel stipend. Apply by April 8.
- AI: Arms Race 2.0 - Mar 12, 2019.
An analysis of the current state of the competition between US, Europe, and China in AI, examining research, patent publications, global datasphere, devices and IoT, people, and more.
- Download your DATAx guide to AI in healthcare - Mar 11, 2019.
AI is expected to contribute $150bn value to business by 2026. How can AI succeed in your industry? Do you know how to set an ambitious AI vision within your organization? Download your free ebook to find these solutions.
- Automated Machine Learning 101: Is Your Company Ready? - Mar 8, 2019.
In this webinar from DataRobot, learn common automated machine learning use cases how automated machine learning enables more employees to take part in AI initiatives while making existing data science teams more productive, and more!
- 19 Inspiring Women in AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2019.
For the 2019 international women's day, we profile a new set of 19 inspiring women who lead the field in AI, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning fields.
- Designing Ethical Algorithms - Mar 8, 2019.
Ethical algorithm design is becoming a hot topic as machine learning becomes more widespread. But how do you make an algorithm ethical? Here are 5 suggestions to consider.
- Webinar: Supercharging Search: AI in Information Discovery for the Life Sciences - Mar 5, 2019.
Learn how to cut through the complexity of scientific language; hear how SciBite puts AI techniques in action, and find how to supercharge search at your organization.
- OpenAI’s GPT-2: the model, the hype, and the controversy - Mar 4, 2019.
OpenAI recently released a very large language model called GPT-2. Controversially, they decided not to release the data or the parameters of their biggest model, citing concerns about potential abuse. Read this researcher's take on the issue.
- Most impactful AI trends of 2018: The rise of ML Engineering - Mar 1, 2019.
As both research and applied teams are doubling down on their engineering and infrastructure needs, the nascent field of ML Engineering will build upon 2018’s foundation and truly blossom in 2019.
- Join the future of AI and Data at DATAx San Francisco this May with Microsoft, Google and so many more - Feb 27, 2019.
Join us as we bring you the leading innovations and insights to the fast-paced world of AI & Data from Machine Learning, Healthcare, Marketing, Gaming analytics.
- Reflections on the State of AI: 2018 - Feb 26, 2019.
We provide a detailed overview of the key developments in the AI space, focusing on key players, applications, opportunities, and challenges.
- Two Major Difficulties in AI and One Applied Solution - Feb 22, 2019.
Some of AI’s biggest problems can be solved by focusing on modelling our own human abilities instead of admiring NN and ML “intelligence”. We present an example that takes us in that direction in the form of chess.
- What are Some “Advanced” AI and Machine Learning Online Courses? - Feb 22, 2019.
Where can you find not-so-common, but high-quality online courses (Free) for ‘advanced’ machine learning and artificial intelligence?
- The AI Conference in New York–Exclusive offer for KDnuggets readers - Feb 21, 2019.
Find out how many organizations are now planning AI implementations, although only a very small percentage are successfully deploying AI in production, at the AI Conference in New York Apr 15–18.
- State of the art in AI and Machine Learning – highlights of papers with code - Feb 20, 2019.
We introduce papers with code, the free and open resource of state-of-the-art Machine Learning papers, code and evaluation tables.
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Advances in 2018 and Trends for 2019 - Feb 18, 2019.
We recap some of the major highlights in data science and AI throughout 2018, before looking at the some of the potential newest trends and technological advances for the year ahead.
Pages: 1 2
- Reinforce AI Conference, March 20-22, Budapest - Feb 12, 2019.
Reinforce is the perfect place to meet other professionals, network with the leaders of the AI industry and have a beer in Budapest, in the heart of Europe. Use code KDNuggets for 20% off.
- Free Access: Intelligent Automation Report - Feb 12, 2019.
Learn the top challenges in the world of Intelligent Automation, the main trends in RPA, AI, Machine Learning, and key areas of spend for technologies in 2019. Get the report!
- How AI can help solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges – and why we might fail - Feb 12, 2019.
AI represents a step change in humanity’s ability to rise to its greatest challenges. We explore three areas in which AI can contribute to the UN’s Global Goals - and why we could fall short.
- Monash University: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Creative AI) [Melbourne, Australia] - Feb 11, 2019.
The Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University is seeking a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, specialising in Creative AI, to join our high achieving and highly motivated team of teaching and research staff.
- QCon.ai San Francisco: Applied AI Software Conference for Developers – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 8, 2019.
QCon.ai is a three-day conference focused on the major machine learning and AI software trends affecting software engineers today. Register by Feb 23 with code "KDN" and save.
- Five Ways Your Safety Depends on Machine Learning - Feb 2, 2019.
Eric Siegel tells you about five ways your safety depends on machine learning, which actively protects you from all sorts of dangers, including fires, explosions, collapses, crashes, workplace accidents, restaurant E. coli, and crime.
- From Analytics to AI: Is Your Team Ready? - Feb 1, 2019.
If you have data-savvy analytics talent, then you have a solid foundation to begin your AI journey. The next step: automated machine learning. Will this be the year your team starts implementing AI? Join DataRobot @ 1 PM ET, Feb 7, for more info.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n05, Jan 30: Your AI skills are worth less than you think; 7 Steps to Mastering Basic Machine Learning - Jan 30, 2019.
Also: Logistic Regression: A Concise Technical Overview; AI is a Big Fat Lie; How To Fine Tune Your Machine Learning Models To Improve Forecasting Accuracy; Airbnb Rental Listings Dataset Mining; Data Science Project Flow for Startups
- AI is a Big Fat Lie - Jan 26, 2019.
Is AI legit? This treatise by Eric Siegel, which ridicules the widespread myth of artificial intelligence, is enlightening and actually pretty funny. It's time for the term AI to be “terminated.”
Pages: 1 2
- Your AI skills are worth less than you think - Jan 25, 2019.
We are in the middle of an AI boom. That doesn’t mean that making your AI startup succeed is easy. I think there are some important pitfalls ahead of anyone trying to build their business around AI.
- Building AI to Build AI: The Project That Won the NeurIPS AutoML Challenge - Jan 23, 2019.
This is an overview of designing a computer program capable of developing predictive models without any manual intervention that are trained & evaluated in a lifelong machine learning setting in NeurIPS 2018 AutoML3 Challenge.
- Five Major AI Predictions to Watch in 2019 - Jan 22, 2019.
Will 2019 be the year your organization embraces AI? If not, it might be too late. In this live webinar, we will unveil five major predictions companies should pay close attention to in 2019. Register now!
- What were the most significant machine learning/AI advances in 2018? - Jan 22, 2019.
2018 was an exciting year for Machine Learning and AI. We saw “smarter” AI, real-world applications, improvements in underlying algorithms and a greater discussion on the impact of AI on human civilization. In this post, we discuss some of the highlights.
- How AI and Data Science is Changing the Utilities Industry - Jan 22, 2019.
Together, artificial intelligence (AI) and data science are causing positive developments for the utilities providers that choose to investigate these things. Here are some examples of technology at work.
- 2018’s Top 7 R Packages for Data Science and AI - Jan 22, 2019.
This is a list of the best packages that changed our lives this year, compiled from my weekly digests.
Pages: 1 2
- 2018’s Top 7 Python Libraries for Data Science and AI - Jan 21, 2019.
This is a list of the best libraries that changed our lives this year, compiled from my weekly digests.
Pages: 1 2
- Webinar: 2019 AI Trends: Filtering the Noise - Jan 18, 2019.
Check out Dataiku's exclusive webinar on Feb 7, 11am EST, "2019 AI Trends: Filtering the Noise," featuring insights from Léo Drefus-Schmidt, Lead Data Scientist at Dataiku.
- Webinar – QBE, Allstate and Arch MI discuss how AI is successfully winning customers hearts - Jan 16, 2019.
Whilst there are many barriers to implementing AI effectively to drive results across underwriting, customer service and claims, it is essential for winning and retaining customers in the future. Join this webinar and learn how.
- FM Global: Senior Data Scientist — Artificial Intelligence [Johnston, RI] - Jan 15, 2019.
FM Global is seeking a Senior Data Scientist — Artificial Intelligence in Johnston, RI, focus on translating business needs into analytics, interpretation of analytics into business applications, advanced technologies and artificial intelligence solutions.
- The AI Conference returns to New York, Apr 15-18 – Special offer from KDnuggets - Jan 14, 2019.
Join the brightest minds in AI in NYC to learn best practices, hear intriguing case studies, and dive deep into the latest technologies. Best rate till Jan 25 and save extra 20% with code KDNUGGETS.
- Top Active Blogs on AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning – updated - Jan 14, 2019.
Stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements using our extensive list of active blogs; this is a list of 100 recently active blogs on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Artificial intelligence.
- How to Remove Unfair Bias From Your AI - Jan 11, 2019.
In this live webinar, Jan 17 @ 11:00 am ET, Colin Priest, Senior Director of Product Marketing at DataRobot will discuss how to identify and correct bias in AI.
- The year in AI/Machine Learning advances: Xavier Amatriain 2018 Roundup - Jan 11, 2019.
A summary of the main machine learning advances from 2018, including AI hype cooling down, interpretability, deep learning, NLP, and more.