- Inside Pluribus: Facebook’s New AI That Just Mastered the World’s Most Difficult Poker Game - Aug 8, 2019.
The reasons why Pluribus represents a major breakthrough in AI systems might result confusing to many readers. After all, in recent years AI researchers have made tremendous progress across different complex games. However, six-player, no-limit Texas Hold’em still remains one of the most elusive challenges for AI systems.
- Are We Ready to Partner With Machines?
Data Science Salon Miami, September 10-11 - Jul 31, 2019.
When it comes to AI, there’s plenty of talk of the future of machines. But it’s the people behind AI development who have the insights needed to shape that future. Register now to catch all of our speakers at the Data Science Salon Miami, Sep 10-11, 2019.
- Top 10 Best Podcasts on AI, Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning - Jul 29, 2019.
Check out our latest Top 10 Most Popular Data Science and Machine Learning podcasts available on iTunes. Stay up to date in the field with these recent episodes and join in with the current data conversations.
- Decentralized and Collaborative AI: How Microsoft Research is Using Blockchains to Build More Transparent Machine Learning Models - Jul 29, 2019.
Recently, AI researchers from Microsoft open sourced the Decentralized & Collaborative AI on Blockchain project that enables the implementation of decentralized machine learning models based on blockchain technologies.
- High-Quality AI And Machine Learning Data Labeling At Scale: A Brief Research Report - Jul 25, 2019.
Analyst firm Cognilytica estimates that as much as 80% of machine learning project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, labeling, and augmenting machine learning model data. So, how do innovative machine learning teams prepare data in such a way that they can trust its quality, cost of preparation, and the speed with which it’s delivered?
- State of AI Report 2019 - Jul 5, 2019.
This year's "State of AI Report" has been released. Read it to find out about the latest in AI research, talent, industry, and politics form the past 12 months.
- NLP vs. NLU: from Understanding a Language to Its Processing - Jul 3, 2019.
As AI progresses and the technology becomes more sophisticated, we expect existing techniques to evolve. With these changes, will the well-founded natural language processing give way to natural language understanding? Or, are the two concepts subtly distinct to hold their own niche in AI?
- Seven Key Dimensions to Help You Understand Artificial Intelligence Environments - Jul 2, 2019.
Understanding an AI environment is an incredibly complex task but there are several key dimensions that provide clarity on that reasoning.
- How To Get Funding For AI Startups - Jun 27, 2019.
What are the biggest challenges AI startups have when pitching to investors? Learn how to grab their attention with these recommendations on how to start building your AI company.
- Monash University: (Senior) Research Fellow in AI [Suzhou, China] - Jun 26, 2019.
Seeking an individual passionate about undertaking research in an area of Artificial Intelligence (AI), as well as multidisciplinary research through the application of AI to problems, and to be responsible for conducting research in areas of AI.
- How Google uses Reinforcement Learning to Train AI Agents in the Most Popular Sport in the World - Jun 21, 2019.
Researchers from the Google Brain team open sourced Google Research Football, a new environment that leverages reinforcement learning to teach AI agents how to master the most popular sport in the world.
- Natural Language Interface to DataTable - Jun 21, 2019.
You have to write SQL queries to query data from a relational database. Sometimes, you even have to write complex queries to do that. Won't it be amazing if you could use a chatbot to retrieve data from a database using simple English? That's what this tutorial is all about.
- Examining the Transformer Architecture: The OpenAI GPT-2 Controversy - Jun 20, 2019.
GPT-2 is a generative model, created by OpenAI, trained on 40GB of Internet to predict the next word. And OpenAI found this model to be SO good that they did not release the fully trained model due to their concerns about malicious applications of the technology.
- The Emergence of Cooperative and Competitive AI Agents - Jun 19, 2019.
Without specific training in collaboration or competition, a recent AI model from DeepMind uses reinforcement learning to evolve these behaviors in game-playing agents. Learn how this emergent collective intelligence outperforms their human counterparts in 3D multiplayer games.
- Penn State: Nittany AI Associates Program Manager [University Park, PA] - Jun 13, 2019.
Seeking an individual who can contribute to the overall success of the program by providing input and direction regarding program goals and operations, and provide leadership and management needed to achieve program success.
- Crowdsourcing vs. Managed Teams: A Study in Data Labeling Quality - Jun 12, 2019.
You need data labeled for ML. You can do it in-house, crowdsource it, or hire a managed service. If data quality matters, read this.
- Why organizations fail in scaling AI and Machine Learning - May 29, 2019.
We explain why AI needs to understand business processes and how the business processes need to be able to change to bring insight from AI into the process.
- Big Data and AI Toronto 2019 - May 28, 2019.
Don't miss Canada's #1 data, AI and analytics conference + expo. From solving your data-driven business challenges to helping you navigate the latest machine learning tools, Big Data and AI Toronto is designed to give you a 360-degree view on the industry.
- AI in the Family: how to teach machine learning to your kids - May 28, 2019.
AI is all the rage with today’s programmers, but what about the next generation? Machine learning can be introduced to young ones just now learning about code, and you can help spark their interest.
- Your Guide to Natural Language Processing (NLP) - May 23, 2019.
This extensive post covers NLP use cases, basic examples, Tokenization, Stop Words Removal, Stemming, Lemmatization, Topic Modeling, the future of NLP, and more.
- Building a Computer Vision Model: Approaches and datasets - May 20, 2019.
How can we build a computer vision model using CNNs? What are existing datasets? And what are approaches to train the model? This article provides an answer to these essential questions when trying to understand the most important concepts of computer vision.
- Think Like an Amateur, Do As an Expert: Lessons from a Career in Computer Vision - May 17, 2019.
Dr. Takeo Kanade shared his life lessons from an illustrious 50-year career in Computer Vision at last year's Embedded Vision Summit. You have a chance to attend the 2019 Embedded Vision Summit, from May 20-23, in the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara CA.
- Machine Learning in Agriculture: Applications and Techniques - May 14, 2019.
Machine Learning has emerged together with big data technologies and high-performance computing to create new opportunities to unravel, quantify, and understand data intensive processes in agricultural operational environments.
- What’s Going to Happen this Year in the Data World - May 14, 2019.
"If we wish to foresee the future of mathematics, our proper course is to study the history and present condition of the science." Henri Poncairé.
- Ethical AI: EU’s New Guidelines and the Future of AI Trustworthiness - May 10, 2019.
The EU has issued a set of guidelines, "Ethics Guidelines for Trustworthy AI" to help tech companies steer towards ethical and inclusive AI as we come to terms with the potential of this technology.
- Monash U.: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Creative AI) [Melbourne, Australia] - May 9, 2019.
Monash University is seeking a (Senior) Lecturer in Creative AI, to join our high achieving and highly motivated team of teaching and research staff. Apply by 19 May 2019.
- Strata SF day 2 Highlights: AI and Politics, Chatbots Insights, Forecasting Uncertainty, Scalable Video Analysis, and more - May 3, 2019.
AI influencing Politics, insights from Chatbots, Enterprise Data Cloud, handling Video Big Data, and more takeaways from Strata Data Conference 2019, San Francisco.
- Strata SF day 1 Highlights: from Edge to AI, scoring AI projects, cyberconflict, cryptography - Apr 29, 2019.
Journey from “Edge to AI”, scoring your AI projects, cyberconflict, role of cryptography in AI and more insights from a leading conference.
- Delivering Trusted AI with DataRobot and Microsoft - Apr 26, 2019.
In this webinar, Apr 30 @ 1 PM ET, attendees will learn more about how their organizations can add AI to BI, making more predictive decisions along the way.
- AI and the data production landscape - Apr 26, 2019.
Data Science Salon NY returns to Viacom HQ in Times Square on June 13. Here are insights from DSS NY top speakers on the future of AI in the media production landscape.
- Meet the World’s Leading AI & Deep Learning Experts - Apr 25, 2019.
RE-WORK returns to San Francisco Jun 20-21 with the Deep Reinforcement Learning Summit, the Applied AI Summit and the AI for Good Summit. KDnuggets subscribers get 20% off Early Bird discounted passes when you register before May 3 with code KDNUGGETS.
- Attention Craving RNNS: Building Up To Transformer Networks - Apr 24, 2019.
RNNs let us model sequences in neural networks. While there are other ways of modeling sequences, RNNs are particularly useful. RNNs come in two flavors, LSTMs (Hochreiter et al, 1997) and GRUs (Cho et al, 2014)
Pages: 1 2
- AI Supporting The Earth - Apr 22, 2019.
To celebrate Earth Day 2019, we explain how Intel is committed to advancing uses of AI that positively impact our world by providing social good organizations with technologies and expertise to accelerate their work.
- Distributed Artificial Intelligence: A primer on Multi-Agent Systems, Agent-Based Modeling, and Swarm Intelligence - Apr 18, 2019.
Distributed Artificial Intelligence (DAI) is a class of technologies and methods that span from swarm intelligence to multi-agent technologies. It is one of the subsets of AI where simulation has greater importance that point-prediction.
- An introduction to explainable AI, and why we need it - Apr 15, 2019.
We introduce explainable AI, why it is needed, and present the Reversed Time Attention Model, Local Interpretable Model-Agnostic Explanation and Layer-wise Relevance Propagation.
- AI For Ordinary Folks - Apr 11, 2019.
There are many excellent books, articles, YouTube lectures and blogs on AI and topics related to it aimed at data scientists and AI researchers. You may want to, instead, check out this list of AI resources crafted for ordinary folks.
- [Upcoming Webinar] 5 Steps to Building Responsible AI Systems - Apr 10, 2019.
What does responsible AI mean? This webinar, Apr 18 @ 11 AM ET, will cover the essential steps to building AI systems that are responsible.
- Beyond Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa – what you need to know about AI Conversational Applications - Apr 10, 2019.
We discuss industry trends in Artificial Intelligence with Vijay Ramakrishnan, a machine learning engineer and expert in conversational applications.
- What is missing when AI makes a decision? - Apr 5, 2019.
We explain the need for caution when it comes to using AI in real-life situations and outline the importance of asking the right question to deliver the right impact.
- Another 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Apr 5, 2019.
Check out another follow-up collection of free machine learning and data science courses to give you some spring study ideas.
- Download your DATAx guide to AI in Marketing - Apr 4, 2019.
Find out how marketers can utilise AI, data segmentation, digital natives, influencers, apps and the internet to help build better, more personalized customer experience: download our ebook 'DATAx: Guide to AI in Marketing'.
- KDnuggets Offer: Save 20% on Strata in London - Apr 4, 2019.
Strata Data Conference is coming to London Apr 29-May 2. Discover what's coming in data and AI. Save 20% on Gold, Silver, and Bronze passes with code KDNU (up to £231 on a Gold pass).
- Accelerate AI and Data Science Career Expo, May 4, 2019 - Apr 3, 2019.
The Accelerate AI and Data Science Career Expo 2019 takes place Saturday, May 4th from 10:30am - 3:00pm. Get your ticket now, or join us for free as an ODSC ticket holder!
- Yeshiva University: Tenure-track Faculty in AI and Machine Learning (Open Rank) [New York, NY] - Apr 2, 2019.
The Katz School of Science and Health at Yeshiva University invites applications for tenure-track faculty in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Science for its graduate programs.
- Yeshiva University: Program Director / Tenure Track Faculty Member of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning [New York, NY] - Apr 2, 2019.
The Katz School of Science and Health at Yeshiva University seeks a dynamic leader to serve as academic and administrative head of its graduate initiatives in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. This is a tenure eligible position depending on experience and qualifications.
- XAI – A Data Scientist’s Mouthpiece - Apr 1, 2019.
We outline the usefulness of Explainable AI, which allows you to explain the results of a multidimensional model - including having a multimodal decision boundary - to a business user.
- What Does GPT-2 Think About the AI Arms Race? - Apr 1, 2019.
It may be April first, but that doesn't mean you will necessarily be fooled by GPT-2's views on the AI arms race. Why not have a read for fun and to see what the language generation model is capable of.
- The Deep Learning Toolset — An Overview - Mar 28, 2019.
We are observing an increasing number of great tools that help facilitate the intricate process that is deep learning, making it both more accessible and more efficient.
- Explainable AI or Halting Faulty Models ahead of Disaster - Mar 27, 2019.
A brief overview of a new method for explainable AI (XAI), called anchors, introduce its open-source implementation and show how to use it to explain models predicting the survival of Titanic passengers.
- Pedestrian Detection in Aerial Images Using RetinaNet - Mar 26, 2019.
Object Detection in Aerial Images is a challenging and interesting problem. By using Keras to train a RetinaNet model for object detection in aerial images, we can use it to extract valuable information.
- Scaling Big Data and AI – Spark + AI Summit 2019 - Mar 25, 2019.
Data and AI are all about scale. Databricks is bringing the Spark + AI Summit to San Francisco Apr 23-25. Check out the full list of sessions at Summit to see more exciting talks. Use code KDNuggets200 and get $200 off registration.
- The AI Black Box Explanation Problem - Mar 25, 2019.
Introducing Black Box AI, a system for automated decision making often based on machine learning over big data, which maps a user’s features into a class predicting the behavioural traits of the individuals.
- Win KDnuggets Pass to Artificial Intelligence Conference, Apr 15-18, NYC - Mar 22, 2019.
KDnuggets readers have a chance to win a Bronze Pass to AI Conference 2019, a new must-attend conference for AI business and technology.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n11, Mar 20: Another 10 Free Must-Read Books for Data Science; 19 Inspiring Women in AI, Big Data, Machine Learning - Mar 20, 2019.
Also: Who is a typical Data Scientist in 2019?; The Pareto Principle for Data Scientists; My favorite mind-blowing Machine Learning/AI breakthroughs; Building NLP Classifiers Cheaply With Transfer Learning and Weak Supervision; Advanced Keras - Accurately Resuming a Training Process
- Artificial Neural Networks Optimization using Genetic Algorithm with Python - Mar 18, 2019.
This tutorial explains the usage of the genetic algorithm for optimizing the network weights of an Artificial Neural Network for improved performance.
Pages: 1 2
- My favorite mind-blowing Machine Learning/AI breakthroughs - Mar 14, 2019.
We present some of our favorite breakthroughs in Machine Learning and AI in recent times, complete with papers, video links and brief summaries for each.
- Cartoon: AI and March Madness - Mar 14, 2019.
AI has mastered chess, Go, and other games, but can AI master March Madness? KDnuggets Cartoon imagines one scenario when this happens.
- Apply for a Mozilla Fellowship - Mar 13, 2019.
During their 10-month tenure, Mozilla fellows design products, run campaigns, and influence policy around the theme of “better machine decision making.” Fellows receive competitive funding + benefits, and a travel stipend. Apply by April 8.
- AI: Arms Race 2.0 - Mar 12, 2019.
An analysis of the current state of the competition between US, Europe, and China in AI, examining research, patent publications, global datasphere, devices and IoT, people, and more.
- Download your DATAx guide to AI in healthcare - Mar 11, 2019.
AI is expected to contribute $150bn value to business by 2026. How can AI succeed in your industry? Do you know how to set an ambitious AI vision within your organization? Download your free ebook to find these solutions.
- Automated Machine Learning 101: Is Your Company Ready? - Mar 8, 2019.
In this webinar from DataRobot, learn common automated machine learning use cases how automated machine learning enables more employees to take part in AI initiatives while making existing data science teams more productive, and more!
- 19 Inspiring Women in AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2019.
For the 2019 international women's day, we profile a new set of 19 inspiring women who lead the field in AI, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning fields.
- Designing Ethical Algorithms - Mar 8, 2019.
Ethical algorithm design is becoming a hot topic as machine learning becomes more widespread. But how do you make an algorithm ethical? Here are 5 suggestions to consider.
- Webinar: Supercharging Search: AI in Information Discovery for the Life Sciences - Mar 5, 2019.
Learn how to cut through the complexity of scientific language; hear how SciBite puts AI techniques in action, and find how to supercharge search at your organization.
- OpenAI’s GPT-2: the model, the hype, and the controversy - Mar 4, 2019.
OpenAI recently released a very large language model called GPT-2. Controversially, they decided not to release the data or the parameters of their biggest model, citing concerns about potential abuse. Read this researcher's take on the issue.
- Most impactful AI trends of 2018: The rise of ML Engineering - Mar 1, 2019.
As both research and applied teams are doubling down on their engineering and infrastructure needs, the nascent field of ML Engineering will build upon 2018’s foundation and truly blossom in 2019.
- Join the future of AI and Data at DATAx San Francisco this May with Microsoft, Google and so many more - Feb 27, 2019.
Join us as we bring you the leading innovations and insights to the fast-paced world of AI & Data from Machine Learning, Healthcare, Marketing, Gaming analytics.
- Reflections on the State of AI: 2018 - Feb 26, 2019.
We provide a detailed overview of the key developments in the AI space, focusing on key players, applications, opportunities, and challenges.
- Two Major Difficulties in AI and One Applied Solution - Feb 22, 2019.
Some of AI’s biggest problems can be solved by focusing on modelling our own human abilities instead of admiring NN and ML “intelligence”. We present an example that takes us in that direction in the form of chess.
- What are Some “Advanced” AI and Machine Learning Online Courses? - Feb 22, 2019.
Where can you find not-so-common, but high-quality online courses (Free) for ‘advanced’ machine learning and artificial intelligence?
- The AI Conference in New York–Exclusive offer for KDnuggets readers - Feb 21, 2019.
Find out how many organizations are now planning AI implementations, although only a very small percentage are successfully deploying AI in production, at the AI Conference in New York Apr 15–18.
- State of the art in AI and Machine Learning – highlights of papers with code - Feb 20, 2019.
We introduce papers with code, the free and open resource of state-of-the-art Machine Learning papers, code and evaluation tables.
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Advances in 2018 and Trends for 2019 - Feb 18, 2019.
We recap some of the major highlights in data science and AI throughout 2018, before looking at the some of the potential newest trends and technological advances for the year ahead.
Pages: 1 2
- Reinforce AI Conference, March 20-22, Budapest - Feb 12, 2019.
Reinforce is the perfect place to meet other professionals, network with the leaders of the AI industry and have a beer in Budapest, in the heart of Europe. Use code KDNuggets for 20% off.
- Free Access: Intelligent Automation Report - Feb 12, 2019.
Learn the top challenges in the world of Intelligent Automation, the main trends in RPA, AI, Machine Learning, and key areas of spend for technologies in 2019. Get the report!
- How AI can help solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges – and why we might fail - Feb 12, 2019.
AI represents a step change in humanity’s ability to rise to its greatest challenges. We explore three areas in which AI can contribute to the UN’s Global Goals - and why we could fall short.
- Monash University: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Creative AI) [Melbourne, Australia] - Feb 11, 2019.
The Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University is seeking a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, specialising in Creative AI, to join our high achieving and highly motivated team of teaching and research staff.
- QCon.ai San Francisco: Applied AI Software Conference for Developers – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 8, 2019.
QCon.ai is a three-day conference focused on the major machine learning and AI software trends affecting software engineers today. Register by Feb 23 with code "KDN" and save.
- Five Ways Your Safety Depends on Machine Learning - Feb 2, 2019.
Eric Siegel tells you about five ways your safety depends on machine learning, which actively protects you from all sorts of dangers, including fires, explosions, collapses, crashes, workplace accidents, restaurant E. coli, and crime.
- From Analytics to AI: Is Your Team Ready? - Feb 1, 2019.
If you have data-savvy analytics talent, then you have a solid foundation to begin your AI journey. The next step: automated machine learning. Will this be the year your team starts implementing AI? Join DataRobot @ 1 PM ET, Feb 7, for more info.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n05, Jan 30: Your AI skills are worth less than you think; 7 Steps to Mastering Basic Machine Learning - Jan 30, 2019.
Also: Logistic Regression: A Concise Technical Overview; AI is a Big Fat Lie; How To Fine Tune Your Machine Learning Models To Improve Forecasting Accuracy; Airbnb Rental Listings Dataset Mining; Data Science Project Flow for Startups
- AI is a Big Fat Lie - Jan 26, 2019.
Is AI legit? This treatise by Eric Siegel, which ridicules the widespread myth of artificial intelligence, is enlightening and actually pretty funny. It's time for the term AI to be “terminated.”
Pages: 1 2
- Your AI skills are worth less than you think - Jan 25, 2019.
We are in the middle of an AI boom. That doesn’t mean that making your AI startup succeed is easy. I think there are some important pitfalls ahead of anyone trying to build their business around AI.
- Building AI to Build AI: The Project That Won the NeurIPS AutoML Challenge - Jan 23, 2019.
This is an overview of designing a computer program capable of developing predictive models without any manual intervention that are trained & evaluated in a lifelong machine learning setting in NeurIPS 2018 AutoML3 Challenge.
- Five Major AI Predictions to Watch in 2019 - Jan 22, 2019.
Will 2019 be the year your organization embraces AI? If not, it might be too late. In this live webinar, we will unveil five major predictions companies should pay close attention to in 2019. Register now!
- What were the most significant machine learning/AI advances in 2018? - Jan 22, 2019.
2018 was an exciting year for Machine Learning and AI. We saw “smarter” AI, real-world applications, improvements in underlying algorithms and a greater discussion on the impact of AI on human civilization. In this post, we discuss some of the highlights.
- How AI and Data Science is Changing the Utilities Industry - Jan 22, 2019.
Together, artificial intelligence (AI) and data science are causing positive developments for the utilities providers that choose to investigate these things. Here are some examples of technology at work.
- 2018’s Top 7 R Packages for Data Science and AI - Jan 22, 2019.
This is a list of the best packages that changed our lives this year, compiled from my weekly digests.
Pages: 1 2
- 2018’s Top 7 Python Libraries for Data Science and AI - Jan 21, 2019.
This is a list of the best libraries that changed our lives this year, compiled from my weekly digests.
Pages: 1 2
- Webinar: 2019 AI Trends: Filtering the Noise - Jan 18, 2019.
Check out Dataiku's exclusive webinar on Feb 7, 11am EST, "2019 AI Trends: Filtering the Noise," featuring insights from Léo Drefus-Schmidt, Lead Data Scientist at Dataiku.
- Webinar – QBE, Allstate and Arch MI discuss how AI is successfully winning customers hearts - Jan 16, 2019.
Whilst there are many barriers to implementing AI effectively to drive results across underwriting, customer service and claims, it is essential for winning and retaining customers in the future. Join this webinar and learn how.
- FM Global: Senior Data Scientist — Artificial Intelligence [Johnston, RI] - Jan 15, 2019.
FM Global is seeking a Senior Data Scientist — Artificial Intelligence in Johnston, RI, focus on translating business needs into analytics, interpretation of analytics into business applications, advanced technologies and artificial intelligence solutions.
- The AI Conference returns to New York, Apr 15-18 – Special offer from KDnuggets - Jan 14, 2019.
Join the brightest minds in AI in NYC to learn best practices, hear intriguing case studies, and dive deep into the latest technologies. Best rate till Jan 25 and save extra 20% with code KDNUGGETS.
- Top Active Blogs on AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning – updated - Jan 14, 2019.
Stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements using our extensive list of active blogs; this is a list of 100 recently active blogs on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Artificial intelligence.
- How to Remove Unfair Bias From Your AI - Jan 11, 2019.
In this live webinar, Jan 17 @ 11:00 am ET, Colin Priest, Senior Director of Product Marketing at DataRobot will discuss how to identify and correct bias in AI.
- The year in AI/Machine Learning advances: Xavier Amatriain 2018 Roundup - Jan 11, 2019.
A summary of the main machine learning advances from 2018, including AI hype cooling down, interpretability, deep learning, NLP, and more.
- Biggest Deep Learning Summit – Special KDnuggets Offer - Jan 10, 2019.
At RE•WORK, the team are dedicating 2019 to keep up the high-quality events and to bring you the latest innovations & breakthroughs in AI. RE•WORK are offering a huge saving on all summit passes when you register with the discount code NEWYEAR.
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence - Jan 10, 2019.
We outline the necessity of explainable AI, discuss some of the methods in academia, take a look at explainability vs accuracy, investigate use cases, and more.
- Core Principles of Sustainable Data Science, Machine Learning and AI Product Development: Research as a core driver - Jan 9, 2019.
Regardless of the size of your organisation, if you are developing machine learning or AI products, the core asset you have is a research professional, data scientist or AI scientist, regardless of their academic background.
- 5 things that happened in Data Science in 2018 - Jan 8, 2019.
We review 5 things that happened in Data Science in 2018 and offer 20% discount on Reinforce AI Conference, Mar 20-22 in Budapest.
- Improve your AI and Machine Learning skills at AI NEXTCon in Seattle, Jan 23-27 - Jan 3, 2019.
If you are a developer looking to hone your skills, a tech lead and manager to learn latest AI tech that apply to your engineering teams to innovate products and services, or someone who just wants to learn more about the AI industry that's re-shaping the tech world, the AI NEXTCon is right for you.
- World’s Biggest Deep Learning Summit 3 weeks away - Dec 27, 2018.
RE•WORK will be running a New Year's discount next week, but are offering exclusive early access to KDnuggets subscribers - save 25% when you register with the code NEWYEAR before January 11th.
- Machine Learning Explainability vs Interpretability: Two concepts that could help restore trust in AI - Dec 20, 2018.
We explain the key differences between explainability and interpretability and why they're so important for machine learning and AI, before taking a look at several techniques and methods for improving machine learning interpretability.
- 10 More Must-See Free Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Dec 20, 2018.
Have a look at this follow-up collection of free machine learning and data science courses to give you some winter study ideas.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n48, Dec 19: Why You Shouldn’t be a Data Science Generalist; Industry Data Science & Machine Learning 2019 Predictions - Dec 19, 2018.
Also: Top Stories of 2018; NLP Breakthrough Imagenet Moment has arrived; Four Approaches to Explaining AI and Machine Learning; Solve any Image Classification Problem Quickly and Easily
- Industry Predictions: AI, Machine Learning, Analytics & Data Science Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 18, 2018.
This is a collection of data science, machine learning, analytics, and AI predictions for next year from a number of top industry organizations. See what the insiders feel is on the horizon for 2019!
- Vanguard: Senior AI Architect [Malvern, PA] - Dec 17, 2018.
Vanguard is seeking a Senior AI Architect in Malvern, PA, to work with Business and IT to identify which ideas or problems could potentially be addressed using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, and to conduct experiments and Proofs of Concept for such opportunities.
- Vanguard: Senior AI Engineer [Malvern, PA] - Dec 17, 2018.
Vanguard is seeking a Senior AI Engineer in Malvern, PA, to work with Business and IT on finding out whether specific ideas or problems could be addressed using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, and to conduct experiments and Proofs of Concept for such opportunities.
- Spark + AI Summit: learn best practices in ML and DL, latest frameworks, and more – special KDnuggets offer - Dec 14, 2018.
Check agenda for the Spark + AI Summit in San Francisco on April 23-25, 2019, comprising of 12 technical tracks on data and AI across verticals, and get the biggest discount: $700 off until Dec 31.
- Healthcare and Automated Machine Learning 101: How Healthcare Providers Can Adopt AI - Dec 12, 2018.
AI, machine learning, and automated machine learning are transforming the healthcare industry and helping to solve some of today’s biggest healthcare challenges. In this DataRobot webinar, Dec 17, 1 PM EST, learn how AI technologies can help healthcare providers improve operational efficiency and patient experience.
- Four Approaches to Explaining AI and Machine Learning - Dec 12, 2018.
We discuss several explainability techniques being championed today, including LOCO (leave one column out), permutation impact, and LIME (local interpretable model-agnostic explanations).
- Machine Learning & AI Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 11, 2018.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Machine Learning and AI experts as to the most important developments of 2018 and their 2019 key trend predictions.
- DATAx Presents: AI AND MACHINE LEARNING TRENDS IN 2019 - Dec 6, 2018.
This free Ebook from DATAx offers advice on using AI and machine learning to enhance customer satisfaction, how chief data officers are taking the reins on AI strategy, successful case studies from across the business, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n46, Dec 5: AI, Data Science, Analytics 2018 Main Developments, 2019 Key Trends; Deep Learning Cheat Sheets - Dec 5, 2018.
Also: Best Machine Learning languages, Data Visualization Tools, DL Frameworks, and Big Data Tools; How to Build a Machine Learning Team When You Are Not Google or Facebook; A Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Machine Learning Course; Handling Imbalanced Datasets in Deep Learning
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: December and Beyond - Dec 3, 2018.
Coming soon: DataX New York, AI-2018 Cambridge UK, AI NEXTCon Seattle, Deep Learning Summit San Francisco, EGC France, H2O San Francisco, Business Of Bots Business of Bots San Francisco, TDWI Las Vegas, WSDM Melbourne, and more.
- AI, Data Science, Analytics Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 3, 2018.
Review of 2018 and Predictions for 2019 from our panel of experts, including Meta Brown, Tom Davenport, Carla Gentry, Bob E Hayes, Cassie Kozyrkov, Doug Laney, Bill Schmarzo, Kate Strachnyi, Ronald van Loon, Favio Vazquez, and Jen Underwood.
- Ronin: Sr Machine Learning and AI Data Scientist [San Mateo, CA] - Dec 3, 2018.
Ronin is seeking a Sr Machine Learning and AI Data Scientist in San Mateo, CA, where you will have a unique opportunity to help build our Machine Learning and AI function from the ground up.
- Interpretability is crucial for trusting AI and machine learning - Nov 30, 2018.
We explain what exactly interpretability is and why it is so important, focusing on its use for data scientists, end users and regulators.
- Deep Learning for the Masses (… and The Semantic Layer) - Nov 30, 2018.
Deep learning is everywhere right now, in your watch, in your television, your phone, and in someway the platform you are using to read this article. Here I’ll talk about how can you start changing your business using Deep Learning in a very simple way. But first, you need to know about the Semantic Layer.
Pages: 1 2
- Combating Customer Churn with AI - Nov 29, 2018.
Businesses today can use the power of AI to help determine which customers are more likely to churn, and what actions to take to keep them. In this DataRobot webinar on Dec 10 @ 1 PM EST, learn how to combat customer churn with AI.
- DATAx Cyber Monday Extended – 40% off all summit tickets with CYBER40 - Nov 28, 2018.
Take advantage of our EXTENDED cyber Monday offer of 40% off all two-day passes and free access to all 5 tracks of the DATAx New York Festival. Use the code CYBER40.
- Join the World’s Biggest Deep Learning Summit – KDnuggets Early Cyber Monday - Nov 21, 2018.
RE•WORK are offering an exclusive early discount to KDnuggets subscribers for any of their upcoming AI and Deep Learning Summits when you register before November 30th with the code CYBER25.
- An Introduction to AI - Nov 21, 2018.
We provide an introduction to AI key terminologies and methodologies, covering both Machine Learning and Deep Learning, with an extensive list including Narrow AI, Super Intelligence, Classic Artificial Intelligence, and more.
- Autonomy – Do we have the choice? - Nov 21, 2018.
Choice of taking decision or not taking a decision requires a free will. Machines do not have free will. They do what they do, some machines do intelligent things but not with choice. Interesting question to think is - what is choice? or what is autonomy?
- Anticipating the next move in data science – my interview with Thomson Reuters - Nov 17, 2018.
Like chess, Big Data is a combination of science, art and play; Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro of KDnuggets helps data devotees discover winning moves - my Thomson Reuters interview.
- How to Choose an AI Vendor - Nov 16, 2018.
This report explores why it is so challenging to choose an AI vendor and what you should consider as you seek a partner in AI. Download now.
- Sorry I didn’t get that! How to understand what your users want - Nov 16, 2018.
Creating a chatbot is difficult, it involves knowledge in many AI-Hard tasks, such as Natural Language Understanding, Machine Comprehension, Inference, or Automatic Language Generation (in fact, solving these tasks is close to solving AI) and large human effort is required.
- (Webinar) Farmers and Chubb on Humanizing Claims with AI - Nov 15, 2018.
This Webinar from Insurance Nexus discusses how AI is transforming claims from a necessary back-office function into a source of competitive advantage.
- The ultimate guide to starting AI - Nov 13, 2018.
A step-by-step overview of how to begin your project, including advice on how to craft a wise performance metric, setting up testing criteria to overcome human bias, and more.
- Turbocharge Tech Transformation: Integrate AI Across Insurance - Nov 6, 2018.
This Webinar from Insurance Nexus will give you insights into integrating analytics in real-time, turning your vision into reality, satisfying budgetary constraints with incremental technological improvement, and more.