- Deep Learning’s Most Important Ideas - Sep 14, 2020.
In the field of deep learning, there continues to be a deluge of research and new papers published daily. Many well-adopted ideas that have stood the test of time provide the foundation for much of this new work. To better understand modern deep learning, these techniques cover the basic necessary knowledge, especially as a starting point if you are new to the field.
- Building a Computer Vision Model: Approaches and datasets - May 20, 2019.
How can we build a computer vision model using CNNs? What are existing datasets? And what are approaches to train the model? This article provides an answer to these essential questions when trying to understand the most important concepts of computer vision.
- Neural Networks seem to follow a puzzlingly simple strategy to classify images - Mar 5, 2019.
We explain why state-of-the-art Deep Neural Networks can still recognize scrambled images perfectly well and how this helps to uncover a puzzlingly simple strategy that DNNs seem to use to classify natural images.
- NLP Breakthrough Imagenet Moment has arrived - Dec 14, 2018.
A comprehensive review of the current state of Natural Language Processing, covering the process from shallow to deep pre-training, what's in an ImageNet, the case for language modelling, and more.
- A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence - Apr 7, 2017.
This post is a brief outline of what happened in artificial intelligence in the last 60 years. A great place to start or brush up on your history.
- Recycling Deep Learning Models with Transfer Learning - Aug 14, 2015.
Deep learning exploits gigantic datasets to produce powerful models. But what can we do when our datasets are comparatively small? Transfer learning by fine-tuning deep nets offers a way to leverage existing datasets to perform well on new tasks.