- OpenAI is Adopting PyTorch… They Aren’t Alone - Jan 31, 2020.
OpenAI is moving to PyTorch for the bulk of their research work. This might be a high-profile adoption, but it is far from the only such example.
- Why Spark Reached the Tipping Point in 2015 - Feb 26, 2016.
A quantitative look at Spark's breakthrough year in 2015, from 3 different points of view. Will 2016 be an even bigger year for the open source project?
- Big Data: Rising In Importance But Still Challenging, New Surveys Say - Feb 18, 2016.
Big Data is almost mainstream, and its perceived importance is on the rise. What are the continued challenges to Big Data adoption? Some new surveys provide insight.
- Why the Fast Data world needs a proven and mature In-Memory Data Fabric? - Nov 6, 2014.
The exponential growth in demand for data processing is leading to immense interest in In-Memory Computing. GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric has now been accepted into the Apache Incubator program.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Geoffrey Moore: Crossing the Chasm and Big Data - Mar 14, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with a noted author Geoffrey Moore about his "Crossing the Chasm" book, his vision for Big Data analytics, when Big Data will cross the chasm, and advice for entrepreneurs.