- 5 things that happened in Data Science in 2018 - Jan 8, 2019.
We review 5 things that happened in Data Science in 2018 and offer 20% discount on Reinforce AI Conference, Mar 20-22 in Budapest.
- Improve your AI and Machine Learning skills at AI NEXTCon in Seattle, Jan 23-27 - Jan 3, 2019.
If you are a developer looking to hone your skills, a tech lead and manager to learn latest AI tech that apply to your engineering teams to innovate products and services, or someone who just wants to learn more about the AI industry that's re-shaping the tech world, the AI NEXTCon is right for you.
- World’s Biggest Deep Learning Summit 3 weeks away - Dec 27, 2018.
RE•WORK will be running a New Year's discount next week, but are offering exclusive early access to KDnuggets subscribers - save 25% when you register with the code NEWYEAR before January 11th.
- Machine Learning Explainability vs Interpretability: Two concepts that could help restore trust in AI - Dec 20, 2018.
We explain the key differences between explainability and interpretability and why they're so important for machine learning and AI, before taking a look at several techniques and methods for improving machine learning interpretability.
- 10 More Must-See Free Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Dec 20, 2018.
Have a look at this follow-up collection of free machine learning and data science courses to give you some winter study ideas.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n48, Dec 19: Why You Shouldn’t be a Data Science Generalist; Industry Data Science & Machine Learning 2019 Predictions - Dec 19, 2018.
Also: Top Stories of 2018; NLP Breakthrough Imagenet Moment has arrived; Four Approaches to Explaining AI and Machine Learning; Solve any Image Classification Problem Quickly and Easily
- Industry Predictions: AI, Machine Learning, Analytics & Data Science Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 18, 2018.
This is a collection of data science, machine learning, analytics, and AI predictions for next year from a number of top industry organizations. See what the insiders feel is on the horizon for 2019!
- Vanguard: Senior AI Architect [Malvern, PA] - Dec 17, 2018.
Vanguard is seeking a Senior AI Architect in Malvern, PA, to work with Business and IT to identify which ideas or problems could potentially be addressed using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, and to conduct experiments and Proofs of Concept for such opportunities.
- Vanguard: Senior AI Engineer [Malvern, PA] - Dec 17, 2018.
Vanguard is seeking a Senior AI Engineer in Malvern, PA, to work with Business and IT on finding out whether specific ideas or problems could be addressed using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, and to conduct experiments and Proofs of Concept for such opportunities.
- Spark + AI Summit: learn best practices in ML and DL, latest frameworks, and more – special KDnuggets offer - Dec 14, 2018.
Check agenda for the Spark + AI Summit in San Francisco on April 23-25, 2019, comprising of 12 technical tracks on data and AI across verticals, and get the biggest discount: $700 off until Dec 31.
- Healthcare and Automated Machine Learning 101: How Healthcare Providers Can Adopt AI - Dec 12, 2018.
AI, machine learning, and automated machine learning are transforming the healthcare industry and helping to solve some of today’s biggest healthcare challenges. In this DataRobot webinar, Dec 17, 1 PM EST, learn how AI technologies can help healthcare providers improve operational efficiency and patient experience.
- Four Approaches to Explaining AI and Machine Learning - Dec 12, 2018.
We discuss several explainability techniques being championed today, including LOCO (leave one column out), permutation impact, and LIME (local interpretable model-agnostic explanations).
- Machine Learning & AI Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 11, 2018.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Machine Learning and AI experts as to the most important developments of 2018 and their 2019 key trend predictions.
- DATAx Presents: AI AND MACHINE LEARNING TRENDS IN 2019 - Dec 6, 2018.
This free Ebook from DATAx offers advice on using AI and machine learning to enhance customer satisfaction, how chief data officers are taking the reins on AI strategy, successful case studies from across the business, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n46, Dec 5: AI, Data Science, Analytics 2018 Main Developments, 2019 Key Trends; Deep Learning Cheat Sheets - Dec 5, 2018.
Also: Best Machine Learning languages, Data Visualization Tools, DL Frameworks, and Big Data Tools; How to Build a Machine Learning Team When You Are Not Google or Facebook; A Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Machine Learning Course; Handling Imbalanced Datasets in Deep Learning
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: December and Beyond - Dec 3, 2018.
Coming soon: DataX New York, AI-2018 Cambridge UK, AI NEXTCon Seattle, Deep Learning Summit San Francisco, EGC France, H2O San Francisco, Business Of Bots Business of Bots San Francisco, TDWI Las Vegas, WSDM Melbourne, and more.
- AI, Data Science, Analytics Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 3, 2018.
Review of 2018 and Predictions for 2019 from our panel of experts, including Meta Brown, Tom Davenport, Carla Gentry, Bob E Hayes, Cassie Kozyrkov, Doug Laney, Bill Schmarzo, Kate Strachnyi, Ronald van Loon, Favio Vazquez, and Jen Underwood.
- Ronin: Sr Machine Learning and AI Data Scientist [San Mateo, CA] - Dec 3, 2018.
Ronin is seeking a Sr Machine Learning and AI Data Scientist in San Mateo, CA, where you will have a unique opportunity to help build our Machine Learning and AI function from the ground up.
- Interpretability is crucial for trusting AI and machine learning - Nov 30, 2018.
We explain what exactly interpretability is and why it is so important, focusing on its use for data scientists, end users and regulators.
- Deep Learning for the Masses (… and The Semantic Layer) - Nov 30, 2018.
Deep learning is everywhere right now, in your watch, in your television, your phone, and in someway the platform you are using to read this article. Here I’ll talk about how can you start changing your business using Deep Learning in a very simple way. But first, you need to know about the Semantic Layer.
Pages: 1 2
- Combating Customer Churn with AI - Nov 29, 2018.
Businesses today can use the power of AI to help determine which customers are more likely to churn, and what actions to take to keep them. In this DataRobot webinar on Dec 10 @ 1 PM EST, learn how to combat customer churn with AI.
- DATAx Cyber Monday Extended – 40% off all summit tickets with CYBER40 - Nov 28, 2018.
Take advantage of our EXTENDED cyber Monday offer of 40% off all two-day passes and free access to all 5 tracks of the DATAx New York Festival. Use the code CYBER40.
- Join the World’s Biggest Deep Learning Summit – KDnuggets Early Cyber Monday - Nov 21, 2018.
RE•WORK are offering an exclusive early discount to KDnuggets subscribers for any of their upcoming AI and Deep Learning Summits when you register before November 30th with the code CYBER25.
- An Introduction to AI - Nov 21, 2018.
We provide an introduction to AI key terminologies and methodologies, covering both Machine Learning and Deep Learning, with an extensive list including Narrow AI, Super Intelligence, Classic Artificial Intelligence, and more.
- Autonomy – Do we have the choice? - Nov 21, 2018.
Choice of taking decision or not taking a decision requires a free will. Machines do not have free will. They do what they do, some machines do intelligent things but not with choice. Interesting question to think is - what is choice? or what is autonomy?
- Anticipating the next move in data science – my interview with Thomson Reuters - Nov 17, 2018.
Like chess, Big Data is a combination of science, art and play; Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro of KDnuggets helps data devotees discover winning moves - my Thomson Reuters interview.
- How to Choose an AI Vendor - Nov 16, 2018.
This report explores why it is so challenging to choose an AI vendor and what you should consider as you seek a partner in AI. Download now.
- Sorry I didn’t get that! How to understand what your users want - Nov 16, 2018.
Creating a chatbot is difficult, it involves knowledge in many AI-Hard tasks, such as Natural Language Understanding, Machine Comprehension, Inference, or Automatic Language Generation (in fact, solving these tasks is close to solving AI) and large human effort is required.
- (Webinar) Farmers and Chubb on Humanizing Claims with AI - Nov 15, 2018.
This Webinar from Insurance Nexus discusses how AI is transforming claims from a necessary back-office function into a source of competitive advantage.
- The ultimate guide to starting AI - Nov 13, 2018.
A step-by-step overview of how to begin your project, including advice on how to craft a wise performance metric, setting up testing criteria to overcome human bias, and more.
- Turbocharge Tech Transformation: Integrate AI Across Insurance - Nov 6, 2018.
This Webinar from Insurance Nexus will give you insights into integrating analytics in real-time, turning your vision into reality, satisfying budgetary constraints with incremental technological improvement, and more.
- Learn how machine learning is transforming business, Nov 12 Webinar - Nov 2, 2018.
In this webinar on Nov 12, titled How to Transform Your Business with Automated Machine Learning, learn the difference between AI, machine learning, and deep learning, the challenges of implementing traditional data science solutions, and how automated machine learning enables more employees to take part in AI initiatives.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: November and Beyond - Nov 1, 2018.
Coming soon: PASS Summit Seattle, TDWI Orlando, IEEE Conf on Data Mining Singapore, AI & Big Data Innovation Summit 2018 Beijing, Deep Learning World Berlin, PAW Business Berlin, Big Data LDN London, NIPS, and many more.
- Join AI experts from Google Brain, Open AI & Uber AI Labs in San Francisco - Nov 1, 2018.
Join us at the Deep Learning Summit, San Francisco, 24 - 25 Jan 2019. Learn from industry experts in speech & pattern recognition, neural networks, image analysis and NLP, and explore how deep learning will impact all industries.
- Why AI will not replace radiologists - Nov 1, 2018.
We investigate some of the reasons why radiologists will be safe from AI, including the fact that humans will always maintain ultimate responsibility, how productivity gains will drive demand, and more.
- Webinar – Integrate AI Across Insurance Operations to Turbocharge Tech Transformation, Nov 14 - Oct 31, 2018.
This Webinar from Insurance Nexus will give you insights into integrating analytics in real-time, turning your vision into reality, satisfying budgetary constraints with incremental technological improvement, and more.
- Key Takeaways from AI Conference SF, Day 2: AI and Security, Adversarial Examples, Innovation - Oct 30, 2018.
Highlights and key takeaways from selected keynote sessions on day 2 of AI Conference San Francisco 2018.
- Key Takeaways from AI Conference SF, Day 1: Domain Specific Architectures, Emerging China, AI Risks - Oct 29, 2018.
Highlights and key takeaways include Domain Specific Architectures – the next big thing, Emerging China – evolving from copying ideas to true innovation, and Addressing Risks in AI – Security, Privacy, and Ethics.
- AI Masterpieces: But is it Art? - Oct 27, 2018.
While there’s no doubt that the quality of the results in style transfer is outstanding, many were left with feelings that the technique left little room for the concept of art itself, even calling it “… more of a parlor trick than the next revolution in fine art.”
Pages: 1 2
- U. of Zurich: Assistant Professorship in AI and Machine Learning (Non-tenure Track) [Zurich, Switzerland] - Oct 24, 2018.
Candidates should hold a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science with specialization in Machine Learning and/or Data Mining including Deep Learning, lnteractive/ Cooperative Learning, statistical learning or privacy preserving modeling, and have an excellent record of academic achievements in the relevant fields.
- Dr. Data Show Video: How Can You Trust AI? - Oct 20, 2018.
This new web series breaks the mold for data science infotainment, captivating the planet with short webisodes that cover the very best of machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Holy Grail of AI for Enterprise — Explainable AI - Oct 19, 2018.
Explainable AI (XAI) is an emerging branch of AI where AI systems are made to explain the reasoning behind every decision made by them. We investigate some of its key benefits and design principles.
- BI to AI: Getting Intelligent Insights to Everyone, Oct 30 - Oct 18, 2018.
Tellius is a Search and AI-Powered Analytics Platform that makes it easy for users to ask questions of their business data and discover insights using machine learning, with just a single click.
- New Jobs Sure to Emerge Alongside Artificial Intelligence - Oct 18, 2018.
There’s a lot of doomsaying about AI pushing humans out of jobs and destroying entire industries. Is it as bad as all that? Maybe not!
- The Definitive Guide to AI’s “Black Box” Problem - Oct 17, 2018.
The Amazing, Anti-Jargon, Insight Filled, and Totally Free Handbook to Integrating AI in Highly Regulated Industries - get it now.
- Learn the top things to look for in an AI Vendor - Oct 12, 2018.
In this webinar, Oct 25, find out why it's so hard to choose an AI vendor and show you what to consider as you seek a partner in AI. Additionally, get the details of how successfully implemented AI technologies at Wellen have transformed the way the company does business.
- We Sized Washington’s Edible Marijuana Market Using AI - Oct 12, 2018.
As Canada legalizes marijuana, it might look to Washington to understand how pot sells. With the RAND Corp., we used machine learning to estimate how much THC- in pot is sold in Washington.
- Semantic Interoperability: Are you training your AI by mixing data sources that look the same but aren’t? - Oct 9, 2018.
Semantic interoperability is a challenge in AI systems, especially since data has become increasingly more complex. The other issue is that semantic interoperability may be compromised when people use the same system differently.
- Society of Machines: The Complex Interaction of Agents - Oct 4, 2018.
In this new series we’ll focus on collective interaction of two or more machines. This interaction of machines can be among each other or with the environment.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: October and Beyond - Oct 3, 2018.
Coming soon: INFORMS Chicago, Deep Learning Summit Toronto, ODSC West SF, Accelerate AI SF, Big Data Week London, AI Conference London, PAW Business London, Crunch Budapest, and more.
- Join us in Toronto for the Deep Learning Summit, Save with KDnuggets - Sep 28, 2018.
RE•WORK's world-famous Deep Learning Summit is taking place in Toronto this October with the addition of a new AI for Government track. Don't forget to use code KDNUGGETS at the checkout for 20% off your pass. See you there!
- Learning mathematics of Machine Learning: bridging the gap - Sep 28, 2018.
We outline the four key areas of Maths in Machine Learning and begin to answer the question: how can we start with high school maths and use that knowledge to bridge the gap with maths for AI and Machine Learning?
- Win KDnuggets Free Pass to Artificial Intelligence Conference London, Oct 8-11, 2018 - Sep 28, 2018.
Enter now to win a free KDnuggets Pass to AI Conference AI, Oct 8-11. Submit your entry by Oct 5, 2018, for your chance!
- Struggling with AI? You’re not alone – Read the report - Sep 27, 2018.
Download this report from Databricks to understand how enterprises are adopting AI technology, the primary challenges holding enterprises back from seeing success with AI, and the benefits of a taking a unified approach to data and AI.
- AI World Boston: Accelerating Innovation in the Enterprise - Sep 27, 2018.
Enterprise organizations face conflicting priorities. Where do they turn to cut through the hype and determine how to prioritize AI strategies and technologies for their business? Find out Dec 3-5 in Boston.
- ODSC India Highlights: Deep Learning Revolution in Speech, AI Engineer vs Data Scientist, and Reinforcement Learning for Enterprise - Sep 26, 2018.
Key takeaways and highlights from ODSC India 2018 conference about the latest trends, breakthroughs and revolutions in the field of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Cartoon: Where AI achieves excellence - Sep 22, 2018.
We examine what can happen when lawyers are replaced with Machine Learning.
- Attend the Leading Applied AI Conference, San Francisco, Offer Ends Friday - Sep 19, 2018.
ODSC West 2018, and Accelerate AI return to San Francisco on Oct 31-Nov 3rd. The prior ODSC events sold out, so why wait? Save 30% with code KDD30 - offer ends Friday.
- 10 Big Data Trends You Should Know - Sep 17, 2018.
A collection of Big Data trends to familiarize yourself with, covering IoT Networks, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Dark Data and more.
- Whitepaper: Why Your Business Needs an AI Platform - Sep 14, 2018.
A new whitepaper from Anaconda examines the economic impact of AI, how some companies and industries are leveraging AI to generate business value today, and how Anaconda Enterprise serves as an AI enablement platform for organizations seeking to harness the power of AI at scale.
- See NVIDIA Deep Learning In Action [Webinar Series] - Sep 13, 2018.
Hear how three companies benefitted from the performance, simplicity and convenience of NVIDIA DGX Station to supercharge their deep learning development, infusing their products and services with the power of AI.
- The Economics and Benefits of Artificial Intelligence - Sep 13, 2018.
In this article, focus on current AI, which is mostly based on the algorithms that can do predictions, and discuss how the economics of AI works and how it may affect business.
- The AI Conference in London – Exclusive KDnuggets Offer - Sep 6, 2018.
The O'Reilly AI Conference comes to London, Oct 8-11. Register now and save an additional 20% on Gold, Silver, and Bronze passes with the code KDN20.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n33, Sep 5: Practical Topic Modeling with Python; Classifying AI Technologies; Data Science Project Inspiration - Sep 5, 2018.
Also: An End-to-End Project on Time Series Analysis and Forecasting with Python; Financial Data Analysis - Data Processing 1: Loan Eligibility Prediction; OLAP queries in SQL: A Refresher; Word Vectors in Natural Language Processing: Global Vectors (GloVe)
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: September and Beyond - Sep 3, 2018.
Coming soon: AI San Francisco, Big Data Innovation Boston, Strata NYC, INFORMS Seattle, SAS Analytics Experience San Diego, PAW Gov DC, Cypher Bangalore, ECML/PKDD Dublin, ODSC London, and many more.
- AI Knowledge Map: How To Classify AI Technologies - Aug 31, 2018.
What follows is then an effort to draw an architecture to access knowledge on AI and follow emergent dynamics, a gateway of pre-existing knowledge on the topic that will allow you to scout around for additional information and eventually create new knowledge on AI.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 22-28: AI Knowledge Map: How To Classify AI Technologies; 100 Days of #MachineLearning Coding with #Python - Aug 29, 2018.
Also 25 fun questions for a machine learning interview; Data Visualization Cheat Sheet
- Nvidia: AI Training for Self-Driving Vehicles [On-demand Webinar] - Aug 27, 2018.
We discuss the key considerations in selecting the optimal AI infrastructure required to train deep neural networks for safe self-driving systems, including data requirements and computing performance needed, and how to use NVIDIA DGX-1 for training autonomous vehicles.
- UX Design Guide for Data Scientists and AI Products - Aug 21, 2018.
Realizing that there is a legitimate knowledge gap between UX Designers and Data Scientists, I have decided to attempt addressing the needs from the Data Scientist’s perspective.
- Monash University: Research Fellow – AI Optimisation Group (Melbourne, Australia) - Aug 16, 2018.
Seeking an enthusiastic researcher with solid skills in any of the following areas: constraint programming, mixed integer programming, SAT and SAT modulo theories, modelling languages and program analysis.
- Project Hydrogen, new initiative based on Apache Spark to support AI and Data Science - Aug 16, 2018.
An introduction to Project Hydrogen: how it can assist machine learning and AI frameworks on Apache Spark and what distinguishes it from other open source projects.
- Open Data Science West Schedule Live, Europe Keynotes, and India Selling Out - Aug 15, 2018.
Check schedule for ODSC West (Oct 31 - Nov 3), fantastic keynotes for ODSC Europe (Sep 19-22), and get last remaining tix for ODSC India, Aug 30 - Sep 3.
- AI-driven Insurance – Insights from AXA and Generali - Aug 15, 2018.
How do you move AI from proof of concept to core business today to demonstrate ROI? Read this whitepaper to find out.
- ebook: Using Deep Learning to Solve Real-World Problems - Aug 14, 2018.
Read this eBook to learn: How deep learning enables image classification, sentiment analysis, and other advanced analysis techniques and get a a starter workflow for building and training deep learning models.
- Setting up your AI Dev Environment in 5 Minutes - Aug 13, 2018.
Whether you're a novice data science enthusiast setting up TensorFlow for the first time, or a seasoned AI engineer working with terabytes of data, getting your libraries, packages, and frameworks installed is always a struggle. Learn how datmo, an open source python package, helps you get started in minutes.
- The AI Conference in San Francisco, Sep 4-7: Win KDnuggets Free Pass - Aug 11, 2018.
Win KDnuggets pass to AI Conference in San Francisco, where you'll join the leading minds in AI: Kai-Fu Lee, Meredith Whittaker, Peter Norvig, Dawn Song, David Patterson, Huma Abidi, Matt Wood, and more. Enter by Aug 18.
- Top 10 roles in AI and data science - Aug 9, 2018.
When you think of the perfect data science team, are you imagining 10 copies of the same professor of computer science and statistics, hands delicately stained with whiteboard marker? We hope not!
- AI and ML Day in Australia with Alteryx, Tableau, Amazon, Snowflake, Commonwealth Bank, and IAPA - Aug 8, 2018.
Key information regarding The Alteryx Analytics Revolution Summit roadshow in Australia, including dates, guest speakers, livestream information and how you can register for the roadshow closest to you.
- The AI Conference in San Francisco – Exclusive KDnuggets Offer - Aug 3, 2018.
The AI Conference returns to San Francisco, Sept 4–7. Get a sweeping understanding of the rapidly advancing AI landscape. Save an extra 20% on most passes with code KDN20.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: August and Beyond - Aug 2, 2018.
Coming soon: TDWI Anaheim, JupyterCon NYC, VLDB Rio, ODSC India, KDD 2018 London, AI Conference San Francisco, Big Data Innovation Boston, Strata Data NYC, and many more.
- Deep Learning Summit returns to Toronto – learn from Geoff Hinton - Jul 31, 2018.
Learn from Geoff Hinton and others at Deep Learning Summit and AI for Government Summit, Oct 25-26 in Toronto. Save 20% with code KDNUGGETS.
- AI Conference, Sep 4-7, San Francisco – KDnuggets Offer - Jul 26, 2018.
Join the leading minds in AI, explore latest developments, separate hype from what is really game-changing, and learn how to apply AI in your organization. Save with code code PCKDNG.
- Ready your Skills for a Cloud-First World with Google - Jul 20, 2018.
The Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform Specialization on Coursera will help you jumpstart your career, includes hands-on labs, and takes you from a strategic overview to practical skills in building real-world, accurate ML models.
- Chaos is needed to keep us smart with Machine Learning - Jul 20, 2018.
This post analyses why the chaotic nature of our lives can be used to improve machine learning algorithms.
- Efficient Graph-based Word Sense Induction - Jul 18, 2018.
This paper describes a set of algorithms for Natural Language Processing (NLP) that match or exceed the state of the art on several evaluation tasks, while also being much more computationally efficient.
- Charles River Analytics: Software Engineer III – AI Engineer - Jul 18, 2018.
Seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Software Engineer to design and develop cutting-edge intelligent systems applied to areas such as intelligent tutoring, serious games, crowdsourcing, skill modeling and assessment, and advanced visualization.
- The Future of Map-Making is Open and Powered by Sensors and AI - Jul 13, 2018.
This article investigates the future of map-making and the role of Sensors, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning within that.
- AI Solutionism - Jul 12, 2018.
Machine learning has huge potential for the future of humanity — but it won’t solve all our problems.
- GDPR after 2 months – What does it mean for Machine Learning? - Jul 11, 2018.
Almost 2 months on from the GDPR introduction, how was machine learning affected? What does the future hold?
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: July and Beyond - Jul 9, 2018.
Coming soon: ICDM/MLDM New York, Data Innovation Summits Las Vegas, ICML Stockholm, IJCAI/ECAI Stockholm, TDWI Anaheim, KDD-2018 London, JupyterCon NYC, and many more.
- The AI Conference in London – Exclusive KDNuggets Offer - Jul 5, 2018.
The AI Conference will premiere in London, 8–11 October. The Best Price expires on 13 July. Tutorials, training courses, and hotel rooms all book up quickly. Save and additional 20% on Gold, Silver and Bronze passes with the code KDN20.
- AI for Fraud Detection – How does Mastercard do it? Learn how global leaders use AI - Jul 2, 2018.
At the AI in Finance Summit, Sept 6-7 in NYC, RE•WORK we will be showcasing the latest breakthrough technologies & their application in the financial sector with topics including Financial Compliance, Financial Forecasting, NLP, Investment, Blockchain & more.
- Monash University: Research Fellow – AI Optimisation Group - Jun 28, 2018.
Seeking an enthusiastic researcher with solid skills in any of the following areas: constraint programming, mixed integer programming, SAT and SAT modulo theories, modelling languages and program analysis, to work on new approaches to modelling and solving discrete optimisation problems.
- 30 Free Resources for Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP & AI - Jun 25, 2018.
Check out this collection of 30 ML, DL, NLP & AI resources for beginners, starting from zero and slowly progressing to the point that readers should have an idea of where to go next.
- Statistics, Causality, and What Claims are Difficult to Swallow: Judea Pearl debates Kevin Gray - Jun 15, 2018.
While KDnuggets takes no side, we present the informative and respectful back and forth as we believe it has value for our readers. We hope that you agree.
- Why you need to improve your training data, and how to do it - Jun 11, 2018.
This article examines the way you need to improve your training data and how it can be accomplished, including speech commands, choosing the right data, picking a model fast and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Netflix Data Science Interview Questions: Acing the AI Interview - Jun 7, 2018.
Gain some perspective on the Netflix interview process, and on ways to prepare for just such an industry interview.
- Big Data Toronto Brings Canada to the Centre Stage in Big Data and AI - Jun 4, 2018.
The Big Data Toronto conference and expo is back for its 3rd edition on Jun 12-13, 2018 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Big Data focuses on the skills, software and leadership needed to implement data insights & AI Toronto is dedicated to Toronto’s growing AI and deep learning communities.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: June 2018 and Beyond - Jun 1, 2018.
Coming soon: Mega-PAW Las Vegas, Spark + AI Summit SF, CogX London, Big Data Toronto Big Data Toronto Conference and Expo, ICDM/MLDM NYC, and many more.
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence: Is Your Job Under Threat? - Jun 1, 2018.
This article examines the rapid growth of artificial intelligence: how we got to this point, the future AI job market and what can be done.
- The AI Conference returns to San Francisco, Sept 4–7, 2018 - May 31, 2018.
The AI Conference is coming to San Francisco Sept 4-7. It sold out last year, so make your plans soon. KDnuggets fans receive a 20% discount when you register (for most passes) using the code KDN20.
- Deep Learning Summit, Toronto featuring Geoff Hinton – save with KDnuggets - May 29, 2018.
Geoffrey Hinton, one of the fathers of Deep Learning, will be back to share his most recent and cutting-edge research progressions, and will be joined by other top researchers. Save 20% on Early Bird passes when you sign up before 15 June w. code KDNUGGETS.
Also check Women in AI dinner series and get new white paper on Ethical implications of AI.
- AI Leaders Summit, Boston, June 21-22: Meet 100 AI innovators from top firms - May 29, 2018.
Discover game-changing data strategies, AI developments and how to lead their implementation. Save with code KDN200
- Learn AI and Data Science rapidly based only on high school math – KDnuggets Offer - May 25, 2018.
This 3-month program, created by Ajit Jaokar, who teaches at Oxford, is interactive and delivered by video. Coding examples are in Python. Places limited - check special KDnuggets rate.
- If chatbots are to succeed, they need this - May 22, 2018.
Can logic be used to make chatbots intelligent? In the 1960s this was taken for granted. Now we have all but forgotten the logical approach. Is it time for a revival?
- AI Leaders Summit, Boston, June 21-22, KDnuggets Offer - May 16, 2018.
Join the AI research and industry leaders from top companies including eBay, Microsoft, GE, Intel, Facebook, Uber and learn about the latest AI topics. Use code KD20 to save.
- THE BOOK OF WHY: The New Science of Cause and Effect - May 15, 2018.
A Turing Prize-winning computer scientist and statistician shows how understanding causality has revolutionized science and will revolutionize AI.
- DSTI: Applied MSc in Data Engineering, Advanced MSc in AI – Learn in France - May 14, 2018.
DSTI launches 2 new programmes for October 2018 entry: Applied MSc in Data Engineering and Advanced MSc in AI - Paris, Nice, and online.
- Spark + AI Summit, Top Speakers – Andreessen, Karpathy, Zaharia and more – KDnuggets Offer - May 11, 2018.
Join 4,000 of the top developers, data scientists, and business executives who will be tuning into the sessions and training at this year's Spark+AI Summit. Use code KDnuggets to save 30% when you register by May 18.
- Deep Conversations: Lisha Li, Principal at Amplify Partners - May 3, 2018.
Mathematician Lisha Li expounds on how she thrives as a Venture Capitalist at Amplify Partners to identify, invest and nurture the right startups in Machine Learning and Distributed Systems.
Pages: 1 2
- AI is not set and forget - May 3, 2018.
Just like a car, AI-based system can tick along in decent shape for a while. But neglect it too long and you’re in trouble. Unfortunately, failing to maintain your AI will destroy the project.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: May and Beyond - May 2, 2018.
Coming soon: Train AI San Francisco, Deep Learning Boston, Mega-PAW Las Vegas, Spark + AI Summit San Francisco, PAKDD Melbourne, CogX London, and more.
- Data Science vs Machine Learning vs Data Analytics vs Business Analytics - May 1, 2018.
This article gives a broad overview of data science and the various fields within it, including business analytics, data analytics, business intelligence, advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI.
- Train AI 2018: Garry Kasparov, Andrej Karpathy keynotes and the best in AI - Apr 30, 2018.
On May 9th, Figure Eight's co-founder Lukas Biewald will lead an Introduction to Deep Learning workshop in San Francisco. Don't miss this chance to learn from the best in AI. Use code KDNuggets30 to get 30% off the registration fee!
- How to Make AI More Accessible - Apr 30, 2018.
I recently was a guest speaker at the Stanford AI Salon on the topic of accessiblity in AI, which included a free-ranging discussion among assembled members of the Stanford AI Lab. There were a number of interesting questions and topics, so I thought I would share a few of my answers here.
- What should be focus areas for Machine Learning / AI in 2018? - Apr 27, 2018.
This article looks at what are the recent trends in data science/ML/AI and suggests subareas DS groups need to focus on.
- Hear the latest AI advancements in robotics & automation from Uber, Hitachi, Google & more - Apr 26, 2018.
The Summits will bring together 550 experts and 60 speakers using AI and deep learning to improve operations in manufacturing, and creating the next generation of intelligent robots. Save 20% with code KDNUGGETS.
- Data Exchange and Marketplace, a New Business Model in Making - Apr 23, 2018.
This article covers how an ever-increasing amount of data will trigger the evolution of a new ecosystem that will spur entrepreneurial activity, offering an opportunity to start a wide range of new businesses.
- Let’s Admit It: We’re a Long Way from Using “Real Intelligence” in AI - Apr 19, 2018.
With the growth of AI systems and unstructured data, there is a need for an independent means of data curation, evaluation and measurement of output that does not depend on the natural language constructs of AI and creates a comparative method of how the data is processed.
- Join AI pioneers and insurance innovators – Chubb, MetLife, Hippo and many more! - Apr 17, 2018.
Insurance AI & Analytics USA Summit is bringing together 400+ insurance innovators and AI pioneers to discuss the operational advantages of rolling out AI in your business, and then delve into the specifics of pricing, marketing, claims and underwriting. Save with code KDNuggets.
- When Do We Trust Machines? - Apr 16, 2018.
We propose a framework of "trust heatmap", show how the trust in machines depends on two key elements: their error rate and the costs of mistakes, and examine the automation frontier.
- Top 10 Technology Trends of 2018 - Apr 13, 2018.
In this article, we will focus on the modern trends that took off well on the market by the end of 2017 and discuss the major breakthroughs expected in 2018.
- Unlock the Next Era of Analytics – AI and Machine Learning at Scale - Apr 12, 2018.
Join us on Apr 19 for an interactive virtual event to hear from a panel of analytic experts as they dispel the myths and dive into the nitty-gritty of how AI and machine learning will impact analytic teams.
- AI in Healthcare - Apr 11, 2018.
AI is completely transforming every corner of the healthcare industry. Don’t miss out on IEN’s 2nd Annual AI in Healthcare Summit, Jun 11-12, in San Francisco.
- The Cold Start Problem with AI - Apr 10, 2018.
Why companies struggle with implementing AI and how to overcome it.
- Build a Foundation that Supports AI and Machine Learning - Apr 6, 2018.
In an upcoming livestream on April 19, we’ll dig into how to build a foundation that supports AI and Machine Learning with industry experts and uncover what many companies are going through.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: April and Beyond - Apr 3, 2018.
Coming soon: AnacondaCON Austin, QCon.ai SF, INFORMS Baltimore, AI Conference NYC, Data Science Salon Dallas, AI Expo Global London, ODSC Boston, and many more.
- Foot Locker: Sr Solutions Architect – Machine Learning and AI Technologies - Mar 30, 2018.
Seeking a candidate to lead the data driven transformation of Foot Locker in partnership with members of the data, CX and infrastructure teams. This role has end-to-end responsibilities for our ML/AI/Cognitive platform - from design, thru technical specification, to delivery.
- Win KDnuggets Pass to Artificial Intelligence Conference, Apr 29 – May 2, NYC - Mar 26, 2018.
KDnuggets readers have a chance to win a Bronze Pass to AI Conference, a new must-attend conference for AI business and technology.
- Cartoon: AI Masters the March Madness - Mar 24, 2018.
AI has mastered chess, Go, and other games, but can AI master March Madness? KDnuggets Cartoon imagines one scenario when this happens.