- An easy guide to choose the right Machine Learning algorithm - May 21, 2020.
There's no free lunch in machine learning. So, determining which algorithm to use depends on many factors from the type of problem at hand to the type of output you are looking for. This guide offers several considerations to review when exploring the right ML approach for your dataset.
- Semi-supervised learning with Generative Adversarial Networks - Jan 24, 2020.
The paper discussed in this post, Semi-supervised learning with Generative Adversarial Networks, utilizes a GAN architecture for multi-label classification.
- Beginners Guide to the Three Types of Machine Learning - Nov 13, 2019.
The following article is an introduction to classification and regression — which are known as supervised learning — and unsupervised learning — which in the context of machine learning applications often refers to clustering — and will include a walkthrough in the popular python library scikit-learn.
- Machine Learning Classification: A Dataset-based Pictorial - Nov 5, 2018.
In order to relate machine learning classification to the practical, let's see how this concept plays out, step by step (and with images), specifically in direct relation to a dataset.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, August 2018: Everybody Dance Now; Stanford class Machine Learning cheat sheets; Academic Torrents for sharing enormous datasets - Sep 15, 2018.
A range of interesting posts from the /r/MachineLearning Reddit group for the month of August, including: Everybody Dance Now; Stanford class Machine Learning cheat sheets; Academic Torrents; Getting Alexa to respond to sign language using TensorFlow; PyCharm IDE.
- Machine Learning Cheat Sheets - Sep 11, 2018.
Check out this collection of machine learning concept cheat sheets based on Stanord CS 229 material, including supervised and unsupervised learning, neural networks, tips & tricks, probability & stats, and algebra & calculus.
- Supervised vs. Unsupervised Learning - Apr 4, 2018.
Understanding the differences between the two main types of machine learning methods.
- Machine Learning Algorithms: Which One to Choose for Your Problem - Nov 14, 2017.
This article will try to explain basic concepts and give some intuition of using different kinds of machine learning algorithms in different tasks. At the end of the article, you’ll find the structured overview of the main features of described algorithms.
- 3 different types of machine learning - Nov 1, 2017.
In this extract from “Python Machine Learning” a top data scientist Sebastian Raschka explains 3 main types of machine learning: Supervised, Unsupervised and Reinforcement Learning. Use code PML250KDN to save 50% off the book cost.
Pages: 1 2
- Making Sense of Machine Learning - Jun 21, 2017.
Broadly speaking, machine learners are computer algorithms designed for pattern recognition, curve fitting, classification and clustering. The word learning in the term stems from the ability to learn from data.
- Which Machine Learning Algorithm Should I Use? - Jun 1, 2017.
A typical question asked by a beginner, when facing a wide variety of machine learning algorithms, is "which algorithm should I use?” The answer to the question varies depending on many factors, including the size, quality, and nature of data, the available computational time, and more.
- Data Science Basics: 3 Insights for Beginners - Sep 22, 2016.
For data science beginners, 3 elementary issues are given overview treatment: supervised vs. unsupervised learning, decision tree pruning, and training vs. testing datasets.
- The Deception of Supervised Learning - Sep 13, 2016.
Do models or offline datasets ever really tell us what to do? Most application of supervised learning is predicated on this deception.
- New Poll: Which methods/algorithms you used for a Data Science or Machine Learning application? - Aug 26, 2016.
Which methods/approaches you used in the past 12 months for an actual Data Science-related application? Please vote and we will analyze and publish the results.
- The 10 Algorithms Machine Learning Engineers Need to Know - Aug 18, 2016.
Read this introductory list of contemporary machine learning algorithms of importance that every engineer should understand.
Pages: 1 2
- The Hard Problems AI Can’t (Yet) Touch - Jul 11, 2016.
It's tempting to consider the progress of AI as though it were a single monolithic entity,
advancing towards human intelligence on all fronts. But today's machine learning only addresses problems with simple, easily quantified objectives