- 2011: DanNet triggers deep CNN revolution - Feb 4, 2021.
In 2021, we are celebrating the 10-year anniversary of DanNet, which, in 2011, was the first pure deep convolutional neural network (CNN) to win computer vision contests. Read about its history here.
- Deep Learning in Neural Networks: An Overview - Apr 26, 2016.
This post summarizes Schmidhuber's now-classic (and still relevant) 35 page summary of 900 deep learning papers, giving an overview of the state of deep learning as of 2014. A great introduction to a great paper!
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 30 – Jul 06: Click Testing Proved that Beards Are Still A Thing; 16 Free #DataScience Books - Jul 12, 2015.
How Screenshot Click Testing Proved that Beards Are Still A Thing; 16 Free #DataScience Books; How to avoid #Overfitting using #Regularization; #DataScience must read: quick puzzle tests your problem solving.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n08, Mar 11: 7 common Machine Learning mistakes; Statistical Reasoning - Mar 11, 2015.
7 common mistakes when doing Machine Learning; 10 Predictive Analytics Influencers; Kaiser Fung on Why Statistical Reasoning is more important than Number Crunching; The Elements of Data Analytic Style - checklist; KDD-2017.
- Juergen Schmidhuber AMA: The Principles of Intelligence and Machine Learning - Mar 9, 2015.
Jürgen Schmidhuber, pioneer in innovating Deep Neural Networks, answers questions on open code, general problem solvers, quantum computing, PhD students, online courses, and the neural network research community in this Reddit AMA.
- Top /r/Machine Learning Posts, February: Automating Tinder, Jurgen Schmidhuber, and Shazam - Mar 5, 2015.
Automating Tinder with Eigenfaces, the elephant in the room of Machine Learning, the Jürgen Schmidhuber AMA, and Shazam's music recognition algorithm make up the top posts in the last month on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Feb 22-28: Jurgen Schmidhuber AMA and Machine Learning Done Wrong - Mar 4, 2015.
The Jürgen Schmidhuber AMA begins taking questions, machine learning done wrong, GPUs for deep learning, Google opens its native MapReduce capabilities, and Google publishes its DeepMind paper this week on /r/MachineLearning
- Deep Learning RNNaissance, an insightful, comprehensive, and entertaining overview - Oct 9, 2014.
Watch this great overview of history and present state of Deep Learning, which is revolutionizing Machine learning, vision, robotics, and many other areas.