- Running R and Python in Jupyter - Feb 19, 2019.
The Jupyter Project began in 2014 for interactive and scientific computing. Fast forward 5 years and now Jupyter is one of the most widely adopted Data Science IDE's on the market and gives the user access to Python and R
- Statistical Data Analysis in Python - Jul 18, 2016.
This tutorial will introduce the use of Python for statistical data analysis, using data stored as Pandas DataFrame objects, taking the form of a set of IPython notebooks.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n15, Apr 27: Deep Learning vs. SVMs, Random Forests; Python Guide for Data Science - Apr 27, 2016.
When Does Deep Learning Work Better Than SVMs or Random Forests; Comprehensive Guide to Learning Python for Data Science; Top 10 IPython Notebook Tutorials for Data Science and Machine Learning; 5,000 KDnuggets Posts - Examining Our Most Popular Content
- Top 10 IPython Notebook Tutorials for Data Science and Machine Learning - Apr 22, 2016.
A list of 10 useful Github repositories made up of IPython (Jupyter) notebooks, focused on teaching data science and machine learning. Python is the clear target here, but general principles are transferable.
- Top 10 Data Science Resources on Github - Mar 24, 2016.
The top 10 data science projects on Github are chiefly composed of a number of tutorials and educational resources for learning and doing data science. Have a look at the resources others are using and learning from.
- Scikit-learn and Python Stack Tutorials: Introduction, Implementing Classifiers - Jan 18, 2016.
A small collection of introductory scikit-learn and Python stack tutorials for those with an existing understanding of machine learning looking to jump right into using a new set of tools.
- A Neural Network in 11 lines of Python - Oct 30, 2015.
A bare bones neural network implementation to describe the inner workings of back-propagation.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Continually Updated Data Science IPython Notebooks - Jul 13, 2015.
Continually updated Data Science IPython Notebooks: Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, HDFS, AWS, Kaggle, scikit-learn, matplotlib, pandas, NumPy, SciPy, and various command lines.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, January: Good list of Machine Learning Resources, Deep Learning, Graphical Models; Sample solutions with R on Azure ML Marketplace - Feb 24, 2015.
Good list of #MachineLearning Resources, #DeepLearning, Graphical Models; Sample #MachineLearning solutions with R on #Azure ML Marketplace #rstats; New book: Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture, by @dpatil, @hmason; Intro to #Python and #IPython for #DataMining.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 19-25: Facebook open sources its Deep Learning tools; Intro to Python and IPython for Data Mining - Jan 26, 2015.
Very useful: Intro to #Python and #IPython for #DataMining; Chart Type #CheatSheet: The Guide to Chart Design; Optimizing optimization algorithms; How to Choose between learning #Python or R? You can't go wrong.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 1-2: R wizard Hadley Wickham “Advanced R” book online - Oct 3, 2014.
R wizard Hadley Wickham "Advanced R" book online; IPython Interactive Computing and Visualization Cookbook; Mirador, a tool for visual exploration of complex datasets; The End of the (Human) Data Scientist Bubble?
- CoLaboratory: Doing Data Science Collaboratively Like Google Doc - Sep 3, 2014.
A review of CoLaboratory which enables data scientists to write code like on Google Doc.
- Data Workflows for Machine Learning - Apr 20, 2014.
Paco Nathan compares several open source frameworks for Machine Learning workflows, including KNIME, IPython Notebook and related libraries, Cascading, Cascalog, and Spark/MLbase, and proposes 9 criteria to evaluate the best alternatives.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 19-20: Bitcoin 101 – everything you need to know; Top IPython Notebooks at #strataconf - Mar 21, 2014.
Bitcoin 101 - covers everything you need to know, how it is traded, history, and future; Top 7 IPython Notebooks used for presentations at #strataconf; Online (streaming) Learning with Microsoft AdPredictor algorithm; IBM creates fraud & financial crimes prevention unit, leveraging #BigData Analytics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 7-9: Experiments with Twitter and IPython; Cloudera Data Scientist Solution Kit - Mar 10, 2014.
Learn very useful skills! #DataScience Experiments with Twitter and IPython; Cloudera Data Scientist Solution Kit; For data science hackers: combining Emacs, ESS and R for Zombies; Mashape - Free Natural Language Processing Service.
- Free Tutorial: Data Science in Python - Jan 14, 2014.
This Data Science in Python tutorial covers importing data, scikit-learn basics, aggregation and grouping, feature engineering, model evaluation, and deployment.