- The Rise of Generative Adversarial Networks - Apr 19, 2019.
A comprehensive overview of Generative Adversarial Networks, covering its birth, different architectures including DCGAN, StyleGAN and BigGAN, as well as some real-world examples.
- AI Masterpieces: But is it Art? - Oct 27, 2018.
While there’s no doubt that the quality of the results in style transfer is outstanding, many were left with feelings that the technique left little room for the concept of art itself, even calling it “… more of a parlor trick than the next revolution in fine art.”
Pages: 1 2
- Picking an Optimizer for Style Transfer - Jul 21, 2017.
Gradient Descent, Adam or Limited-memory Broyden–Fletcher–Goldfarb–Shanno? Which will optimize your style transfer neural network faster and better? Read this post for a data-backed discussion.
- CAN (Creative Adversarial Network) - Explained - Jul 12, 2017.
GANs (Generative Adversarial Networks), a type of Deep Learning networks, have been very successful in creating non-procedural content. This work explores the possibility of machine generated creative content.
- The R Graph Gallery Data Visualization Collection - Oct 13, 2016.
Welcome to the R graph gallery, a collection of R graph examples, organized by chart type, searchable by R function, with reproducible code and explanation.
- Up to Speed on Deep Learning: August Update - Sep 21, 2016.
Check out this thorough roundup of deep learning stories that made news in August, and see if there are any items of note that you missed.
- Machine Learning for Artists – Video lectures and notes - Apr 28, 2016.
Art has always been deep for those who appreciate it... but now, more than ever, deep learning is making a real impact on the art world. Check out this graduate course, and its freely-available resources, focusing on this very topic.
- Beyond the Fence, and the Advent of the Creative Machines - Jan 25, 2016.
Creative machines have been making their influence felt for some time, but an upcoming stage production challenges preconceived notions of what art is.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n39, Dec 2: 7 Steps to Master Machine Learning w. Python; Hardest Part of Data Science - Dec 2, 2015.
7 Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python; The hardest parts of data science; Deep Forger: Art Forgery Meets Deep Neural Nets; Bot or Not: an end-to-end data analysis in Python.
- Deep Forger: Art Forgery Meets Deep Neural Nets - Dec 1, 2015.
The past year has seen deep learning make exceptional advances in imaging, perhaps most notably with Google's Deep Dream. See how a clever Twitter bot employs deep neural nets to paint images in the style of famous painters.
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning and Artistic Style – Can art be quantified? - Sep 17, 2015.
We analyze the latest advance in Deep learning which teaches computers to paint in the style of different famous painters, from Van Gogh to Picasso. Is it really Art?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, August: Deep Learning paints in style of many famous painters - Sep 7, 2015.
Deep Learning algorithm generating paintings in the styles of famous artists, Genetic algorithms pioneer John Holland passes away, Beginner Python data analysis tutorial, LSTM networks explained, and Google Thought Vectors.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Visual Intro to Machine Learning, Google new patent controversy, Deep Learning and famous art - Aug 20, 2015.
A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning, Why Google's new patent applications are alarming, Art with Google's Inceptionism code, Google Photo's algorithm gone wrong and a Neural network tutorial made it to the top this month!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 28 – Aug 03: Very nice Visual Introduction to Machine Learning; Microsoft Capitulation and The End of Windows Everywhere - Aug 4, 2015.
Very nice: A Visual Introduction to #MachineLearning; Microsoft, Capitulation and The End of Windows Everywhere; Data is Ugly - @importio Tales of #DataCleaning; 8 Tools That Show Whats on the Horizon for #Python
- Interview: Miriah Meyer, Univ. of Utah on the Art and Science of Visualization - Jan 12, 2015.
We discuss insights from the best paper at ACM AVI 2014, increasing interest in visualization, infographics, trends, challenges, advice and more.
- Analytics, Mathematics, and Art of Rene Romero Schuler and Van Gogh - Jan 13, 2014.
Is there a connection between Analytics, Mathematics and arts? How do we add arts flavor to analytics business is the question. And answer lies in century old painting by Van Gogh called "The Starry Night" which represents perfect turbulence.