- Dealing with Imbalanced Data in Machine Learning - Oct 29, 2020.
This article presents tools & techniques for handling data when it's imbalanced.
- The 5 Most Useful Techniques to Handle Imbalanced Datasets - Jan 22, 2020.
This post is about explaining the various techniques you can use to handle imbalanced datasets.
- Machine Learning 101: The What, Why, and How of Weighting - Nov 26, 2019.
Weighting is a technique for improving models. In this article, learn more about what weighting is, why you should (and shouldn’t) use it, and how to choose optimal weights to minimize business costs.
- Pro Tips: How to deal with Class Imbalance and Missing Labels - Nov 20, 2019.
Your spectacularly-performing machine learning model could be subject to the common culprits of class imbalance and missing labels. Learn how to handle these challenges with techniques that remain open areas of new research for addressing real-world machine learning problems.
- How to fix an Unbalanced Dataset - May 8, 2019.
We explain several alternative ways to handle imbalanced datasets, including different resampling and ensembling methods with code examples.
- Handling Imbalanced Datasets in Deep Learning - Dec 4, 2018.
It’s important to understand why we should do it so that we can be sure it’s a valuable investment. Class balancing techniques are only really necessary when we actually care about the minority classes.
- Three techniques to improve machine learning model performance with imbalanced datasets - Jun 5, 2018.
The primary objective of this project was to handle data imbalance issue. In the following subsections, I describe three techniques I used to overcome the data imbalance problem.
- Applying Deep Learning to Real-world Problems - Jun 30, 2017.
In this blog post I shared three learnings that are important to us at Merantix when applying deep learning to real-world problems. I hope that these ideas are helpful for other people who plan to use deep learning in their business.
- 7 Techniques to Handle Imbalanced Data - Jun 1, 2017.
This blog post introduces seven techniques that are commonly applied in domains like intrusion detection or real-time bidding, because the datasets are often extremely imbalanced.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n32, Sep 7: Cartoon: Data Scientist was sexiest job until…; Up to Speed on Deep Learning - Sep 7, 2016.
Cartoon: Data Scientist - the sexiest job of the 21st century until...; Up to Speed on Deep Learning: July Update; How Convolutional Neural Networks Work; Learning from Imbalanced Classes; What is the Role of the Activation Function in a Neural Network?
- Learning from Imbalanced Classes - Aug 31, 2016.
Imbalanced classes can cause trouble for classification. Not all hope is lost, however. Check out this article for methods in which to deal with such a situation.
Pages: 1 2
- Dealing with Unbalanced Classes, SVMs, Random Forests®, and Decision Trees in Python - Apr 29, 2016.
An overview of dealing with unbalanced classes, and implementing SVMs, Random Forests, and Decision Trees in Python.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Machine Learning 201: Does Balancing Classes Improve Classifier Performance? - Apr 9, 2015.
The author investigates if balancing classes improves performance for logistic regression, SVM, and Random Forests, and finds where it helps the performance and where it does not.
Pages: 1 2 3