- How To Deal With Imbalanced Classification, Without Re-balancing the Data - Sep 23, 2021.
Before considering oversampling your skewed data, try adjusting your classification decision threshold, in Python.
Balancing Classes, Classification, Python, Unbalanced
- Popular Machine Learning Interview Questions, part 2 - Jan 27, 2021.
Get ready for your next job interview requiring domain knowledge in machine learning with answers to these thirteen common questions.
Convolutional Neural Networks, Interview Questions, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Machine Learning, Regularization, Transfer Learning, Unbalanced
- Resampling Imbalanced Data and Its Limits - Dec 22, 2020.
Can resampling tackle the problem of too few fraudulent transactions in credit card fraud detection?
Balancing Classes, Bootstrap sampling, Fraud Detection, Knime, Sampling, Unbalanced
- Essential Math for Data Science: Integrals And Area Under The Curve - Nov 25, 2020.
In this article, you’ll learn about integrals and the area under the curve using the practical data science example of the area under the ROC curve used to compare the performances of two machine learning models.
Machine Learning, Mathematics, Metrics, numpy, Python, Unbalanced
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n04, Jan 29: AutoML: If you try it, you’ll like it more; The Data Science Interview Study Guide - Jan 29, 2020.
AutoML Poll results: if you try it, you'll like it more; The Data Science Interview Study Guide; What Do Data Scientists in Europe Do & How Much Are They Worth?; 2 Questions for a Junior Data Scientist
Automated Machine Learning, AutoML, Data Science, Data Scientist, Europe, Interview, Poll, Salary, Unbalanced
- The 5 Most Useful Techniques to Handle Imbalanced Datasets - Jan 22, 2020.
This post is about explaining the various techniques you can use to handle imbalanced datasets.
Balancing Classes, Datasets, Metrics, Python, Sampling, Unbalanced
- Classify A Rare Event Using 5 Machine Learning Algorithms - Jan 15, 2020.
Which algorithm works best for unbalanced data? Are there any tradeoffs?
Algorithms, Classification, Machine Learning, R, ROC-AUC, Unbalanced
- Pro Tips: How to deal with Class Imbalance and Missing Labels - Nov 20, 2019.
Your spectacularly-performing machine learning model could be subject to the common culprits of class imbalance and missing labels. Learn how to handle these challenges with techniques that remain open areas of new research for addressing real-world machine learning problems.
Balancing Classes, Data Preparation, Missing Values, Tips, Unbalanced
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n19, May 15: Data Scientist – Best Job of the Year!; How (not) to use Machine Learning for time series forecasting - May 15, 2019.
"Please, explain." Interpretability of machine learning models; How to fix an Unbalanced Dataset; Data Science Poem; Customer Churn Prediction Using Machine Learning; A Complete Exploratory Data Analysis and Visualization for Text
Churn, Data Exploration, Data Science, Data Scientist, Interpretability, Machine Learning, Text Analytics, Time Series, Unbalanced
- How to fix an Unbalanced Dataset - May 8, 2019.
We explain several alternative ways to handle imbalanced datasets, including different resampling and ensembling methods with code examples.
Balancing Classes, Data Preparation, Machine Learning, Unbalanced
- Three techniques to improve machine learning model performance with imbalanced datasets - Jun 5, 2018.
The primary objective of this project was to handle data imbalance issue. In the following subsections, I describe three techniques I used to overcome the data imbalance problem.
Balancing Classes, Machine Learning, Unbalanced
- Applying Deep Learning to Real-world Problems - Jun 30, 2017.
In this blog post I shared three learnings that are important to us at Merantix when applying deep learning to real-world problems. I hope that these ideas are helpful for other people who plan to use deep learning in their business.
Balancing Classes, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Training, Unbalanced
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n22, Jun 7: 7 Steps to Mastering Data Preparation with Python; Why Does Deep Learning Not Have a Local Minimum? - Jun 7, 2017.
7 Steps to Mastering Data Preparation with Python; Why Does Deep Learning Not Have a Local Minimum?; 7 Techniques to Handle Imbalanced Data; Which Machine Learning Algorithm Should I Use?; Is Regression Analysis Really Machine Learning?
Data Preparation, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Python, Regression, Unbalanced
- The Best Metric to Measure Accuracy of Classification Models - Dec 7, 2016.
Measuring accuracy of model for a classification problem (categorical output) is complex and time consuming compared to regression problems (continuous output). Let’s understand key testing metrics with example, for a classification problem.
Pages: 1 2
Accuracy, Classification, CleverTap, Measurement, Metrics, Precision, Unbalanced
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n16, May 4: How to Remove Duplicates from Large Data; Datasets over Algorithms; When Automation goes too far - May 4, 2016.
How to Remove Duplicates in Large Datasets; The Development of Classification as a Learning Machine; Datasets Over Algorithms; Cartoon: When Automation Goes Too Far, and more.
Algorithms, Angoss, Classification, Data Cleaning, Unbalanced
- Dealing with Unbalanced Classes, SVMs, Random Forests®, and Decision Trees in Python - Apr 29, 2016.
An overview of dealing with unbalanced classes, and implementing SVMs, Random Forests, and Decision Trees in Python.
Pages: 1 2 3
Balancing Classes, Decision Trees, Precision, Python, Recall, Support Vector Machines, SVM, Unbalanced