- KDnuggets™ News 20:n40, Oct 21: fastcore: An Underrated Python Library; Goodhart’s Law for Data Science: what happens when a measure becomes a target? - Oct 21, 2020.
fastcore: An Underrated Python Library; Goodhart's Law for Data Science and what happens when a measure becomes a target?; Text Mining with R: The Free eBook; Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking and Data Science; How to ace the data science coding challenge
- How to Lie with Data Science - Jul 27, 2018.
This post is not really about how to lie with Data Science. Instead, it’s about how we may be fooled by not giving enough attention to details in different parts of the pipeline.
- The Best Metric to Measure Accuracy of Classification Models - Dec 7, 2016.
Measuring accuracy of model for a classification problem (categorical output) is complex and time consuming compared to regression problems (continuous output). Let’s understand key testing metrics with example, for a classification problem.
Pages: 1 2
- Statistics – Understanding the Levels of Measurement - Aug 6, 2015.
For doing statistics or analytics it is first step to understand the variables. Moreover, it is important that one truly knows which measure to take with different available types.
- Starcom-Novartis: Measure Manager - Jul 17, 2014.
Responsible for ongoing analysis of business data, syndicated media data, digital data, primary research studies, and client business metrics.
- NIST Data Science Symposium, Mar 4-5 - Jan 16, 2014.
NIST is forming a cross-cutting data science program, focused on system benchmarking and rigorous measurement. Register for NIST Data Science Symposium by Feb 21.