- 12 Useful Things to Know About Machine Learning - Apr 12, 2018.
This is a summary of 12 key lessons that machine learning researchers and practitioners have learned include pitfalls to avoid, important issues to focus on and answers to common questions.
Pages: 1 2
- Must-Know: What is the curse of dimensionality? - Apr 18, 2017.
What is the curse of dimensionality? This post gives a no-nonsense overview of the concept, plain and simple.
- 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers, Part 2 - Feb 22, 2017.
The second part of 17 new must-know Data Science Interview questions and answers covers overfitting, ensemble methods, feature selection, ground truth in unsupervised learning, the curse of dimensionality, and parallel algorithms.
- Seven Techniques for Data Dimensionality Reduction - May 14, 2015.
Performing data mining with high dimensional data sets. Comparative study of different feature selection techniques like Missing Values Ratio, Low Variance Filter, PCA, Random Forests / Ensemble Trees etc.
- Interview: Arijit Sengupta, CEO, BeyondCore on Advanced Analytics and Big Data - May 9, 2014.
We discuss traditional analytics vs. modern analytics, avoiding over-simplification, human-technology interaction for Big Data, challenges in democratizing analytics and more.
- MMDS 2014: Workshop on Algorithms for Modern Massive Data Sets, Berkeley, June 2014 - Mar 25, 2014.
The MMDS 2014 will address algorithmic, mathematical, and statistical challenges in modern statistical data analysis. Registration is open and you can apply to present a poster.