- 6 Books About Open Data Every Data Scientist Should Read - Feb 20, 2019.
Check out this collection of six books which tackle the hard skills required to make sense of the changing field known as open data and muse on the ethical implications of a digitally connected world.
- Python Data Science for Beginners - Feb 20, 2019.
Python’s syntax is very clean and short in length. Python is open-source and a portable language which supports a large standard library. Buy why Python for data science? Read on to find out more.
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Advances in 2018 and Trends for 2019 - Feb 18, 2019.
We recap some of the major highlights in data science and AI throughout 2018, before looking at the some of the potential newest trends and technological advances for the year ahead.
Pages: 1 2
- How to solve 4 big problems in data science – eBook - Feb 15, 2019.
This eBook includes insights and learnings on how data scientists from four leading companies delivered impressive business results like accelerating global inventory from 48 hours to 45 minutes and reducing operational cost of analytics infrastructure by 30%. Get the eBook now!
- Learn How to Listen: One of the hardest parts of being a data scientist - Feb 15, 2019.
Listen, Be Humble, Be Present and Transform ideas. A Data Scientist will spend a large amount of their time in meetings where you can understand the business, the goals of the area, their KPIs, and their requirements.
- Top 10 Data Science Use Cases in Telecom - Feb 14, 2019.
In this article, we attempt to present the most relevant and efficient data science use cases in the field of telecommunication.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n07, Feb 13: The Best and Worst Data Visualizations of 2018; Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms - Feb 13, 2019.
Also: Data-science? Agile? Cycles?; How I used NLP (Spacy) to screen Data Science Resumes; Neural Networks - an Intuition; A Quick Guide to Feature Engineering; Understanding Gradient Boosting Machines
- Free eBook: Practical Data Science Cookbook – Second Edition - Feb 12, 2019.
Starting with the basics, this free eBook covers how to set up your numerical programming environment, introduces you to the data science pipeline, and guides you through several data projects in a step-by-step format.
- DATAx Singapore – meet Data Science Leaders – special year of the Pig offer - Feb 11, 2019.
At DATAx Singapore join data science and business leaders across industries presenting how machine learning algorithms and analytics improve business results. Book by 15 Feb and get 20% off using code KDNY20.
- Secure Your Data at Marketing Analytics and Data Science - Feb 11, 2019.
Marketing Analytics and Data Science is coming to San Francisco, Apr 8-10, and get the tools you need to secure your data and continue business success with GDPR. Save 20% with VIP Code: MADS19KDN.
- Data Science For Our Mental Development - Feb 11, 2019.
In this blog, I aim to generalize how AI can help us with mental development in the future as well as discuss some of the present-day solutions.
- Advance Your Data and Analytics Initiatives With Training - Feb 8, 2019.
Join us at TDWI Chicago, Apr 28 - May 3 - the agenda is live! Choose from 50+ full- and half-day sessions and achieve your #DataGoals in 2019. Save up to $915 with code KD20!
- 10 Trending Data Science Topics at ODSC East 2019 - Feb 7, 2019.
ODSC East 2019, Boston, Apr 30 - May 3, will host over 300+ of the leading experts in data science and AI. Here are a few standout topics and presentations in this rapidly evolving field. Register for ODSC East at 50% off till Feb 8.
- Data-science? Agile? Cycles? My method for managing data-science projects in the Hi-tech industry. - Feb 7, 2019.
The following is a method I developed, which is based on my personal experience managing a data-science-research team and was tested with multiple projects. In the next sections, I’ll review the different types of research from a time point-of-view, compare development and research workflow approaches and finally suggest my work methodology.
- How I used NLP (Spacy) to screen Data Science Resumes - Feb 6, 2019.
A real life example of when using NLP can help filter down a list of candidates for a job opening, with full source code and methodology.
- From Good to Great Data Science, Part 1: Correlations and Confidence - Feb 5, 2019.
With the aid of some hospital data, part one describes how just a little inexperience in statistics could result in two common mistakes.
- The Essential Data Science Venn Diagram - Feb 4, 2019.
A deeper examination of the interdisciplinary interplay involved in data science, focusing on automation, validity and intuition.
- What Is Dimension Reduction In Data Science? - Jan 31, 2019.
An extensive introduction into Dimension Reduction, including a look at some of the different techniques, linear discriminant analysis, principal component analysis, kernel principal component analysis, and more.
- Data Science in the Real World – Meet Netflix, Google and Amazon at DATAx Singapore - Jan 30, 2019.
Machine learning, predictive analytics, IoT, smart cities and fintech are some of the hot topics where you need to know the latest. Get a sneak peak of upcoming DATAx with the DATAx New York festival post event report.
- Get the latest analyst research on data science platforms - Jan 30, 2019.
Access a complimentary copy of the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine-Learning Platforms to discover the latest trends and see why Dataiku was named a "Challenger" in the industry.
- Beginner to Advanced. Improve your skills with training, workshops and more. - Jan 25, 2019.
ODSC East in Boston will be the top global event in 2019 that gets you ahead. We offer an unparalleled 350 hours of talks, workshops and training sessions across 14 tracks. Register now with code KDN55 to save 55%!
- The Data Science Gold Rush: Top Jobs in Data Science and How to Secure Them - Jan 24, 2019.
Because big data touches almost every industry across the board, those who aren’t already working in data and analytics will soon be utilizing the technology for its undeniable business benefits. Whichever way you slice it, the future of work is through data.
- Data Science Project Flow for Startups - Jan 24, 2019.
The aim of this post, then, is to present the characteristic project flow that I have identified in the working process of both my colleagues and myself in recent years. Hopefully, this can help both data scientists and the people working with them to structure data science projects in a way that reflects their uniqueness.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n04, Jan 23: Top 7 Python Libraries for Data Science and AI; Ontology and Data Science - Jan 23, 2019.
Also Cartoon: Is this how you do the blockchain thing?; Data Scientist's Dilemma: The Cold Start Problem; Why Ice Cream Is Linked to Shark Attacks - Correlation/Causation Smackdown.
- How AI and Data Science is Changing the Utilities Industry - Jan 22, 2019.
Together, artificial intelligence (AI) and data science are causing positive developments for the utilities providers that choose to investigate these things. Here are some examples of technology at work.
- 2018’s Top 7 R Packages for Data Science and AI - Jan 22, 2019.
This is a list of the best packages that changed our lives this year, compiled from my weekly digests.
Pages: 1 2
- 2018’s Top 7 Python Libraries for Data Science and AI - Jan 21, 2019.
This is a list of the best libraries that changed our lives this year, compiled from my weekly digests.
Pages: 1 2
- Why Applied MSc in Data Engineering? Data Engineers are in greater demand than Data Scientists - Jan 17, 2019.
2 graduate programmes now available at Data ScienceTech Institute in France: Applied MSc in Data Engineering Applied MSc in Data Science & Artificial Intelligence, with enterprise level certifications included in each. There is a 100% conversion to an internship and 90% to a job contract.
- Ontology and Data Science - Jan 16, 2019.
In simple words, one can say that ontology is the study of what there is. But there is another part to that definition that will help us in the following sections, and that is ontology is usually also taken to encompass problems about the most general features and relations of the entities which do exist.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n03, Jan 16: Top 10 Books on NLP and Text Analysis; End To End Guide For Machine Learning Projects - Jan 16, 2019.
Also: Why Vegetarians Miss Fewer Flights - Five Bizarre Insights from Data; 4 Myths of Big Data and 4 Ways to Improve with Deep Data; The Role of the Data Engineer is Changing; How to solve 90% of NLP problems: a step-by-step guide
- Jump-start your data science career - Jan 15, 2019.
Build statistical and analytical expertise as well as the management and leadership skills necessary to implement high-level, data-driven decisions in Northwestern’s online Master of Science in Data Science program. Apply now!
- How to go from Zero to Employment in Data Science - Jan 15, 2019.
We propose the quickest and surest way to go from zero experience to landing a job, either in data science generally, or specifically in a new programming language or a new technology.
- Top Active Blogs on AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning – updated - Jan 14, 2019.
Stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements using our extensive list of active blogs; this is a list of 100 recently active blogs on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Artificial intelligence.
- The SIAM Book Series on Data Science - Jan 11, 2019.
SIAM is soliciting manuscripts for its new book series on the mathematical and computational foundations of data science.
- MS in Applied Data Science Online – which track is right for you? - Jan 10, 2019.
At Bay Path University, we'll provide you with a framework for working together regardless of your background and experience. That is why we created two tracks to complete the MS in Applied Data Science degree, which is right for you?
- The Role of the Data Engineer is Changing - Jan 10, 2019.
The role of the data engineer in a startup data team is changing rapidly. Are you thinking about it the right way?
- Core Principles of Sustainable Data Science, Machine Learning and AI Product Development: Research as a core driver - Jan 9, 2019.
Regardless of the size of your organisation, if you are developing machine learning or AI products, the core asset you have is a research professional, data scientist or AI scientist, regardless of their academic background.
- The Data Science Event You Need in 2019 - Jan 7, 2019.
MADS Can Help You Achieve Your 2019 Goals! Marketing Analytics and Data Science is coming to San Francisco, Apr 8-10. KDnuggets readers save 20% with VIP Code MADS19KDN. Register Today and Save!
- Rev Summit for Data Science Leaders featuring Daniel Kahneman - Jan 7, 2019.
Rev features interactive sessions, Q&A with industry luminaries, poster sessions for interesting modeling techniques and accomplishments, and stimulating conversations about how to make data science an enterprise-grade capability.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n01, Jan 3: The Essence of Machine Learning; A Guide to Decision Trees for Machine Learning and Data Science - Jan 3, 2019.
Also: 10 More Must-See Free Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science; Top Python Libraries in 2018 in Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning; Feature engineering, Explained; Papers with Code: A Fantastic GitHub Resource for Machine Learning; BERT: State of the Art NLP Model, Explained
- Interspeech 2018: Highlights for Data Scientists - Dec 24, 2018.
Key highlights from the Interspeech conference, with topics covering end-to-end models for automatic speech recognition, information theory approach to deep learning, speech processing and education, and more.
- Twas the Night Before Analysis or A Visit from the Chief Data Scientist - Dec 24, 2018.
The holiday classic gets a data science makeover. Let your belly shake like a bowl full of jelly.
- A Guide to Decision Trees for Machine Learning and Data Science - Dec 24, 2018.
What makes decision trees special in the realm of ML models is really their clarity of information representation. The “knowledge” learned by a decision tree through training is directly formulated into a hierarchical structure.
- 10 More Must-See Free Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Dec 20, 2018.
Have a look at this follow-up collection of free machine learning and data science courses to give you some winter study ideas.
- Miami University: Director of the Center for Analytics & Data Science (CADS) [Oxford, OH] - Dec 20, 2018.
The Director of the Center for Analytics and Data Science (CADS) serves the mission of CADS by designing, implementing, and collaborating on programs that establish and promote positive, productive relationships between a wide range of individuals and organizations with an interest in furthering the application and research of analytics and data science.
- Top Python Libraries in 2018 in Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning - Dec 19, 2018.
Here are the top 15 Python libraries across Data Science, Data Visualization. Deep Learning, and Machine Learning.
- Think Twice Before You Accept That Fancy Data Science Job - Dec 19, 2018.
Before you figure out what skills you need to freshen up on, or the most optimal driving path to work to avoid traffic patterns, you need to make sure this new role is a right fit and that you'll be happy working there.
- UnitedHealth Group: Director, Data Science [Minnetonka, MN] - Dec 19, 2018.
UnitedHealth Group is seeking a Director, Data Science in Minnetonka, MN, to play a vital role by partnering with our internal digital strategy clients to analyze and identify opportunities for growth through analysis of linking the digital experience to our members’ offline behaviors.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n48, Dec 19: Why You Shouldn’t be a Data Science Generalist; Industry Data Science & Machine Learning 2019 Predictions - Dec 19, 2018.
Also: Top Stories of 2018; NLP Breakthrough Imagenet Moment has arrived; Four Approaches to Explaining AI and Machine Learning; Solve any Image Classification Problem Quickly and Easily
- Exploring the Data Jungle Free eBook - Dec 18, 2018.
This free eBook by Brian Godsey will provide you with real-world examples in Python, R, and other languages suitable for data science.
- How will automation tools change data science? - Dec 18, 2018.
This article provides an overview of recent trends in machine learning and data science automation tools and addresses how those tools will change data science.
- Industry Predictions: AI, Machine Learning, Analytics & Data Science Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 18, 2018.
This is a collection of data science, machine learning, analytics, and AI predictions for next year from a number of top industry organizations. See what the insiders feel is on the horizon for 2019!
- Introduction to Statistics for Data Science - Dec 17, 2018.
This tutorial helps explain the central limit theorem, covering populations and samples, sampling distribution, intuition, and contains a useful video so you can continue your learning.
- Why You Shouldn’t be a Data Science Generalist - Dec 14, 2018.
But it’s hard to avoid becoming a generalist if you don’t know which common problem classes you could specialize in in the fist place. That’s why I put together a list of the five problem classes that are often lumped together under the “data science” heading.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n47, Dec 12: Common mistakes when doing machine learning; Here are the most popular Python IDEs / Editors - Dec 12, 2018.
Common mistakes when carrying out machine learning and data science; Most popular Python IDEs/Editors; Machine Learning / AI Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019; Machine Learning Project checklist.
- Learning Machine Learning vs Learning Data Science - Dec 11, 2018.
We clarify some important and often-overlooked distinctions between Machine Learning and Data Science, covering education, scalable vs non-scalable jobs, career paths, and more.
- Expand Your Data Science Knowledge with Hands-on Labs and Bootcamp - Dec 10, 2018.
Elevate your data skills with hands-on labs and bootcamp at TDWI Las Vegas, Feb 10-15. Super Early Bird ends Dec 14. KDnuggets readers save up to $915 with code KD20!
- Should you become a data scientist? - Dec 10, 2018.
An overview of the current situation for data scientists, from its origins and history, to the recent growth in job postings, and looking at what changes the future might bring.
- Dr. Data Show Video: Five Reasons Computers Predict When You’ll Die - Dec 8, 2018.
Death prediction is a very morbid topic indeed — but a very practical one. So how does it work? What technological sorcery is at play? And how accurate is it? And, gee whiz, what's it used for?
- Common mistakes when carrying out machine learning and data science - Dec 6, 2018.
We examine typical mistakes in Data Science process, including wrong data visualization, incorrect processing of missing values, wrong transformation of categorical variables, and more. Learn what to avoid!
- How to build a data science project from scratch - Dec 5, 2018.
A demonstration using an analysis of Berlin rental prices, covering how to extract data from the web and clean it, gaining deeper insights, engineering of features using external APIs, and more.
- 6 Step Plan to Starting Your Data Science Career - Dec 5, 2018.
When people want to launch data science careers but haven't made the first move, they're in a scenario that's understandably daunting and full of uncertainty. Here are six steps to get started.
- Kick Start Your Data Career! Tips From the Frontline - Dec 5, 2018.
I am going to provide very interesting and useful tips through this blog series which will help students to kick start their career in Data.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n46, Dec 5: AI, Data Science, Analytics 2018 Main Developments, 2019 Key Trends; Deep Learning Cheat Sheets - Dec 5, 2018.
Also: Best Machine Learning languages, Data Visualization Tools, DL Frameworks, and Big Data Tools; How to Build a Machine Learning Team When You Are Not Google or Facebook; A Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Machine Learning Course; Handling Imbalanced Datasets in Deep Learning
- Open Source Data Science Adoption: The How & Why - Dec 4, 2018.
Get the report on Enterprise Open Source Data Science Adoption which outlines the most popular open source tools for a host of jobs. Free download.
- Data Science Projects Employers Want To See: How To Show A Business Impact - Dec 4, 2018.
The best way to create better data science projects that employers want to see is to provide a business impact. This article highlights the process using customer churn prediction in R as a case-study.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: December and Beyond - Dec 3, 2018.
Coming soon: DataX New York, AI-2018 Cambridge UK, AI NEXTCon Seattle, Deep Learning Summit San Francisco, EGC France, H2O San Francisco, Business Of Bots Business of Bots San Francisco, TDWI Las Vegas, WSDM Melbourne, and more.
- University of Tennessee Knoxville: Assistant or Associate Professor in Data Science [Knoxville, TN] - Nov 30, 2018.
The University of Tennessee Knoxville's Department of Business Analytics and Statistics at the Haslam College of Business invites applications for multiple tenure-track positions in Data Science. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Yeshiva University: Data Science Program Director [New York, NY] - Nov 30, 2018.
Yeshiva University is seeking a Data Science Program Director in New York, NY, to provide transformative direction and oversight with a commitment to excellence in teaching, research and community, oversee curriculum development, academic policies, and much more.
- Free ebook: Exploring Data with Python - Nov 29, 2018.
This free eBook starts building your foundation in data science processes with practical Python tips and techniques for working and aspiring data scientists.
- Linking Data Science Activities to Business Initiatives Using the Hypothesis Development Canvas - Nov 29, 2018.
The Hypothesis Development Canvas is an effective and concise tool that integrates the different elements of the “Thinking Like A Data Scientist” process into a single document.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 21-27: Intro to #DataScience for Managers – a mindmap; An Introduction to #AI - Nov 28, 2018.
Also: An Introduction to #AI; Intuitively Understanding Convolutions for #DeepLearning; 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science.
- Drexel University: 2 Teaching Faculty Positions in Data Science [Philadelphia, PA] - Nov 27, 2018.
Drexel University is seeking a 2 Teaching Faculty Positions in Data Science in Philadelphia, PA. The Department of Information Science invites applications for two full-time teaching faculty positions in Data Science. The college is advancing data science education through degree programs at multiple levels.
- 3 Challenges for Companies Tackling Data Science - Nov 26, 2018.
From new technology to workflows, we outline three of the more common problems and how businesses can overcome them.
- My secret sauce to be in top 2% of a Kaggle competition - Nov 26, 2018.
A collection of top tips on ways to explore features and build better machine learning models, including feature engineering, identifying noisy features, leakage detection, model monitoring, and more.
- Data Science Strategy Safari: Aligning Data Science Strategy to Org Strategy - Nov 26, 2018.
The title of this post is derived by drawing inspiration from Mintzberg’s seminal work. In this post, I am attempting to take you on a safari through the data science strategy formulation process.
- Intro to Data Science for Managers - Nov 23, 2018.
This mindmap contains a condensed introduction to the key data science concepts and techniques that have revolutionized the business landscape and became essential for making beneficial data-driven decisions
- 6 Goals Every Wannabe Data Scientist Should Make for 2019 - Nov 22, 2018.
Looking to embark on a new path as a data scientist? That goal may be worthy, but it's essential for people to also set goals for 2019 that will help them get closer to that broader aim.
- Cartoon: Thanksgiving, Big Data, and Turkey Data Science. - Nov 22, 2018.
A classic KDnuggets Thanksgiving cartoon examines the predicament of one group of fowl Data Scientists.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n44, Nov 21: What is the Best Python IDE for Data Science?; Anticipating the next move in data science - Nov 21, 2018.
Also: Mastering The New Generation of Gradient Boosting; Top 10 Python Data Science Libraries; Predictive Analytics in 2018: Salaries & Industry Shifts; Sorry I didn't get that! How to understand what your users want; Best Deals in Deep Learning Cloud Providers: From CPU to GPU to TPU
- Address Your Data Science Strategy at DSNY - Nov 20, 2018.
Don't panic about your data science strategies, join us at Data Science New York (DSNY) on January 23-24, 2019! SPECIAL OFFER - Data Science leaders can join us for only $699 when you register by Friday, November 23 with promo code KD699!
- Machine Learning in Action: Going Beyond Decision Support Data Science - Nov 20, 2018.
In order to disrupt business, machine learning models must adopt a product-focused approach, which is a much more significant undertaking.
- UnitedHealth Group: Sr Manager, Data Science [Telecommute, Central or Eastern Time Zones] - Nov 19, 2018.
UnitedHealth Group is seeking a Sr Manager, Data Science open to Telecommute in Central or Eastern Time Zones, to be responsible for managing analytical project portfolios, identifying operational improvement opportunities within UnitedHealth Group, developing and delivering analytic solutions with the utmost quality in a timely manner.
- The Big Data Game Board™ - Nov 19, 2018.
Move aside “Monopoly,” “Risk,” and “Snail Race!” Time to teach the youth of the world of an important, career-advancing game: how to leverage data and analytics to change your life! Introducing the “Big Data Game Board™”!
- Top 10 Python Data Science Libraries - Nov 16, 2018.
The third part of our series investigating the top Python Libraries across Machine Learning, AI, Deep Learning and Data Science.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 07-13: 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Nov 14, 2018.
Also: Best Practices for Using Notebooks for #DataScience; Automated #MachineLearning - results of Gene Feruzza AutoML research.
- NYU Stern: 2019-20 Asst. Professor of Information, Operations & Management Sciences – Information Systems, tenure-track [New York City, NY] - Nov 14, 2018.
We are especially interested in candidates with discipline-spanning interests whose work complements the research programs of our existing faculty, including: Business Analytics, Computational Social Science, Crowdsourcing/Crowdfunding, Data Science, and related areas. Apply by Jan 5, 2019.
- What is the Best Python IDE for Data Science? - Nov 14, 2018.
Before you start learning Python, choose the IDE that suits you the best. We examine many available tools, their pros and cons, and suggest how to choose the best Python IDE for you.
- LinkedIn Top Voices 2018: Data Science & Analytics - Nov 13, 2018.
Meet 10 must-know writers and creators discussing everything from the prominence of Python to the ethical implications of artificial intelligence. Hint - you already know no. 1.
- The 5 Basic Statistics Concepts Data Scientists Need to Know - Nov 13, 2018.
Today, we’re going to look at 5 basic statistics concepts that data scientists need to know and how they can be applied most effectively!
- Self-Service Analytics and Operationalization – Why You Need Both - Nov 12, 2018.
Get the guidebook / whitepaper for a look at how today's top data-driven companies scale their advanced analytics & machine learning efforts.
- Dr. Data Show Video: What the Hell Does “Data Science” Really Mean? - Nov 10, 2018.
The latest episode of the Dr. Data Show answers the question, "What the hell is data science?"
- Stanford online Data Science / Data Mining courses & certificates - Nov 9, 2018.
With Stanford online graduate courses and certificates, you can earn a higher education credential while still maintaining your career. Apply now!
- Hilary Mason and Gilad Lotan to Keynote at MADS 2019 - Nov 8, 2018.
The 2019 Marketing Analytics and Data Science conference, Apr 8-10 in San Francisco, will empower you with practical applications to achieve better bottom line results in a data-driven future. Save 20% with VIP Code MADS19KDN. Register now and save!
- Best Practices for Using Notebooks for Data Science - Nov 8, 2018.
Are you interested in implementing notebooks for data science? Check out these 5 things to consider as you begin the process.
- 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Nov 8, 2018.
Check out a collection of free machine learning and data science courses to kick off your winter learning season.
- DePaul University: Professor of Practice position in Data Science [Chicago, IL] - Nov 7, 2018.
DePaul University's School of Computing invites applications for a Professor of Practice to begin in Fall 2019. We are particularly interested in candidates who demonstrate outstanding teaching and a strong interest in data science education.
- DePaul University: Two tenure-track/tenured positions in Data Science/Computer Science [Chicago, IL] - Nov 7, 2018.
DePaul University's School of Computing invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions, beginning in Fall 2019. We will consider applicants at all ranks (i.e. Assistant, Associate and Full Professor) whose work is focused on data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- The Most in Demand Skills for Data Scientists - Nov 2, 2018.
Data scientists are expected to know a lot — machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics, data visualization, communication, and deep learning. How should data scientists who want to be in demand by employers spend their learning budget?
- Data Science “Paint by the Numbers” with the Hypothesis Development Canvas - Nov 2, 2018.
Now you are ready to take the next step from a Big Data MBA perspective by building off of the Business Model Canvas to flesh out the business use cases – or hypothesis – which is where we can become more effective at leveraging data and analytics to optimize our the business.
- How Data Science Is Improving Higher Education - Nov 1, 2018.
Increasingly, colleges and universities, as well as governments, are using data science to improve the ways educational institutions do everything from recruiting to engaging with students to budgeting.
- Lehigh University: Tenure Track Positions in Foundations of Data Science [Bethlehem, PA] - Oct 30, 2018.
Successful candidates will have primary appointment in one of the departments of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Computer Science and Engineering.
- Are you buying an apartment? How to hack competition in the real estate market - Oct 26, 2018.
Many real estate developers use online systems for sales. Things become interesting when all available data is monitored on a weekly basis, and sales progress is analysed.
- U. of Zurich: Professorship in Big Data Science (Open Rank) [Zurich, Switzerland] - Oct 24, 2018.
Candidates should have an excellent research record in Data Science, Big Data Analytics as well as Large-Scale Data Processing and strong teaching skills both at the undergraduate and the graduate levels.
- University of Rhode Island: Assistant Professor of Data Science [Kingston, RI] - Oct 22, 2018.
University of Rhode Island is seeking a Assistant Professor of Data Science in Kingston, RI. The position is full time 9-month academic year, tenure-track, permanent, with appointment to begin academic year 2019-20.
- Start your journey into data science today - Oct 19, 2018.
Springboard’s Introduction to Data Science Course will help you build a strong foundation in R programming, communicate effectively by telling a story with data, clean and analyze large datasets, and more. Apply before Oct 22 and use code KDNUGGETSOCT500 for $500 Data Science Career Track.
- Will Models Rule the World? Data Science Salon Miami, Nov 6-7 - Oct 19, 2018.
This post is excerpted from the thoughts of Data Science Salon Miami speakers on the future of model-based decision-making.
- How to Solve the ModelOps Challenge - Oct 18, 2018.
A recent study shows that while 85% believe data science will allow their companies to obtain or sustain a competitive advantage, only 5% are using data science extensively. Join this webinar, Nov 14, to find out why.
- New Jobs Sure to Emerge Alongside Artificial Intelligence - Oct 18, 2018.
There’s a lot of doomsaying about AI pushing humans out of jobs and destroying entire industries. Is it as bad as all that? Maybe not!
- Graphs Are The Next Frontier In Data Science - Oct 18, 2018.
GraphConnect 2018, Neo4j’s bi-annual conference, was held in New York City in mid-September. Read about what happened, and why graphs are the next big thing in data science.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n39, Oct 17: 10 Best Mobile Apps for Data Scientist; Vote in new poll: Largest dataset you analyzed? - Oct 17, 2018.
Also: An interesting explanation of why Adversarial examples arise; 5 clean code tips to improve your productivity; Github Python Data Science; and don't forget to vote in new poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed?
- Applied Data Science: Solving a Predictive Maintenance Business Problem Part 3 - Oct 16, 2018.
In this post we will expand our analysis to multiple variables and then see how intuitions we develop during the exploration phase, can lead to generating new features for modelling.
- GitHub Python Data Science Spotlight: High Level Machine Learning & NLP, Ensembles, Command Line Viz & Docker Made Easy - Oct 16, 2018.
This post spotlights 5 data science projects, all of which are open source and are present on GitHub repositories, focusing on high level machine learning libraries and low level support tools.
- Bring Essential Data Governance Training to Your Team - Oct 15, 2018.
Technology trends such as big data, cloud, self-service, and agile challenge traditional data governance practices. TDWI Onsite Education sends top-rated instructors to teach the skills you need at your location. Discounts available for training scheduled prior to Dec 31, 2018.
- We Sized Washington’s Edible Marijuana Market Using AI - Oct 12, 2018.
As Canada legalizes marijuana, it might look to Washington to understand how pot sells. With the RAND Corp., we used machine learning to estimate how much THC- in pot is sold in Washington.
- Join us for DataTech19, Scotland’s first technical data science conference as part of DataFest - Oct 12, 2018.
DataTech19 will take place on 14th March in Edinburgh, at the National Museum of Scotland, bringing together analysts, developers, engineers and scientists from the public sector, academia and industry for technical presentations and discussions of important topics in data science.
- DataCamp: Part-time Contract Instructors [Remote] - Oct 11, 2018.
DataCamp is seeking a Part-time Contract Instructors to work remotely. Share your knowledge with over 2,770,000 data scientists around the world, and associate your name with the things you teach and cool stuff you’ve built.
- Using Confusion Matrices to Quantify the Cost of Being Wrong - Oct 11, 2018.
The terms ‘true condition’ (‘positive outcome’) and ‘predicted condition’ (‘negative outcome’) are used when discussing Confusion Matrices. This means that you need to understand the differences (and eventually the costs associated) with Type I and Type II Errors.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n38, Oct 10: Concise Explanation of Learning Algorithms; Why I Call Myself a Data Scientist; Linear Regression in the Wild - Oct 10, 2018.
This week, KDnuggets brings you a discussion of learning algorithms with a hat tip to Tom Mitchell, discusses why you might call yourself a data scientist, explores machine learning in the wild, checks out some top trends in deep learning, shows you how to learn data science if you are low on finances, and puts forth one person's opinion on the top 8 Python machine learning libraries to help get the job done.
- How To Learn Data Science If You’re Broke - Oct 9, 2018.
A first-hand account on how to learn data science on a budget, with advice covering useful resources, a recommended curriculum, typical concepts, building a portfolio and more.
- Online Master’s in Applied Data Science From Syracuse - Oct 5, 2018.
Syracuse University offers an online Master’s in Applied Data Science designed for data science professionals who are interested in advancing their technical data management and application skills without relocating. Apply by October 12.
- Why do I Call Myself a Data Scientist? - Oct 5, 2018.
Claimed as the “sexiest job of the 21st Century” here I’ll discuss the reasons for my proclamation as a Data Scientist, beyond the hype.
- Understand Why ODSC is the Most Recommended Conference for Applied Data Science - Oct 4, 2018.
Running 4 days, 40 training sessions, 50 workshops, and over 200 speakers, an ODSC conference offers unparalleled depth and breadth in deep learning, machine learning, and other data science topics. Save 20% offer ends tomorrow. Register now!
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: October and Beyond - Oct 3, 2018.
Coming soon: INFORMS Chicago, Deep Learning Summit Toronto, ODSC West SF, Accelerate AI SF, Big Data Week London, AI Conference London, PAW Business London, Crunch Budapest, and more.
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Use Cross-Validation in Your Data Science Projects - Oct 2, 2018.
In cross-validation, we do more than one split. We can do 3, 5, 10 or any K number of splits. Those splits called Folds, and there are many strategies we can create these folds with.
- Robust Quality – Powerful Integration of Data Science and Process Engineering - Oct 1, 2018.
The book by Rajesh Jugulum provides a strong connection between the concepts in data science and process engineering that is necessary to ensure better quality levels and takes you through a systematic approach to measure holistic quality with several case studies.
- SparkPost: Data Science Engineer [Columbia, MD or San Francisco, CA] - Sep 28, 2018.
SparkPost is seeking a Data Science Engineer in Columbia, MD or San Francisco, CA, to play a significant role in the design and development of innovative and impactful customer-facing data products, enabling SparkPost’s continued market leadership.
- Raspberry Pi IoT Projects for Fun and Profit - Sep 27, 2018.
In this post, I will explain how to run an IoT project from the command line, without graphical interface, using Ubuntu Core in a Raspberry Pi 3.
Pages: 1 2
- Datmo: the Open Source tool for tracking and reproducible Machine Learning experiments - Sep 26, 2018.
As a data scientist, managing environments and experiments is always hard and results in wasted time and effort with all the troubleshooting and lost work. With datmo, you can track your experiments using this common standard and not worry about reproduction of previous work.
- Diversity in Data Science: Overview and Strategy - Sep 24, 2018.
We take a hard look at diversity within the tech industry, root causes, and potential solutions and highlight resources/initiatives that can connect readers with programs aiding their professional development.