(previous | next)
From: Tina Duca
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:28:28 -0400
Subject: Waltham, MA: Statistician at Verispan/Synergy
Purpose of Position: To join the Verispan Quality Assurance team in
providing analytic, data mining and quality assurance support to one
of the country's largest health care claims data warehouses. Verispan,
a revolutionary healthcare information company founded by Quintiles
Transnational Corporation and McKesson Corporation, is the dominant
provider of patient-level data delivered in near real-time as well as
one of the leading providers of healthcare information overall. It
presents clients with a new, broad-based service company to meet the
vast majority of information and analysis needs. Verispan offers
customers the best of both worlds - cutting-edge information products
delivered through an organization with a passion for outstanding
This position reports to: Lead Statistician
- Develop automated error detection solutions to maintain the integrity of the warehouse.
- Use statistical and data-mining techniques in a custom solution setting.
- Work with Account Management to develop cutting edge client solutions.
- Work with Lead Statistician to develop integrated data and model based analytic methods.
- Create and maintain a database of available healthcare survey data.
- Work with the QA team to develop project specific statistical models and methods for analyzing the health care claims data.
Verispan/Synergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- Masters Degree in Statistics required.
- Must be analytical and attentive to detail.
- Requires strong organizational and coordination skills, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- A proven ability to provide user-friendly explanations of complex analysis.
- Experience working with large healthcare datasets and near real-time data warehousing.
- Experience working with NHCS, MEPS and other Government PUF data.
- Experience with Census and demographic data.
- Experience with Census, FIPS, MSA geographic classifications.
- Knowledge of SAS, SQL, PL/SQL is an advantage.
- Position does not include direct supervision of personnel.
To apply for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit http://www.quintiles.com
(look in Informatics Division under Synergy)
(previous | next)
Copyright © 2002 KDnuggets. Subscribe to KDnuggets News!