From: Liesl Lowelle
Date: 6 May 2005
Subject: Novato, CA: Claims Business Analyst at Fireman's Fund Insurance Company
Claims Business Analyst - want to make a difference?
The claims management department of Fireman's Fund Insurance Company has recently formed a
team of analysts
to support its senior management in their decision making process.
Performing both quantitative and qualitative analysis, we identify opportunities for improvement
in the entire claims organization and
define and implement measures
to improve Fireman's Fund's bottom line.
Having successfully gone through a major restructuring effort
over the past three years, Fireman's Fund's claims management department is currently striving for operational excellence and your work will play a key role in this process.
What we offer:
Our ideal candidate has...
- The opportunity to really make a difference
- Work in a team of competent, dynamic and motivated professionals
- A great stepping stone for a career in the claims organization with growth potential
- A competitive salary with bonus potential and great benefits
To apply, please visit our website at www.firemansfund.com/careers reference number US0071681.
- A four-year degree in statistics, business, economics, mathematics or other applied quantitative field (masters degree a plus)
- At least three years relevant work experience, preferably in a management consulting environment. Insurance experience preferred, but not a must
- Excellent analytical skills with focus on statistical methods such as exploratory data analysis, time-series analysis, generalized linear regression, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Very good business sense and understanding of key drivers of performance including the ability to apply quantitative approaches to business questions and problems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to orally and visually communicate results of complex analyses to non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership potential. You will interact with people from all levels in the organization including top management. Experience in interviewing, leading workshops and managing smaller projects required
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Building Excel models, preparation of PowerPoint presentations, creating and maintaining Access databases, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of statistical packages such as SAS, S/S+/R, SPSS, or similar package. Knowledge of SQL, DB 2, visual basic and data warehousing concepts is a plus