From: Wendy Liu
Date: 20 May 2005
Subject: Salt Lake City, UT: Experienced data miner with statistics expertise at Overstock.com
Overstock.com is actively hiring experienced data miners with
expertise in statistics/personalization to work with Utah's premier
e-commerce web site. Our business has been doubling annually and we're
looking for data miners who are motivated by a challenge: to scale our
personalization and data mining technology to support our lightning
This is a full-time, permanent position for an experienced data miner. This requires working independently as well as participating in and leading small groups.
The ideal candidates will have:
Contact: David Selinger at email@example.com .
- 2+ years experience with data mining, ideally at an online company. Credit card or catalog company experience with customer segmentation a plus.
- Strong understanding of statistics and probabilities and the ability to communicate benefits and process of statistical methodologies to business audiences
- Self-motivated, team player: we're a no-nonsense, get-it-done organization.
- Flexibility. The ideal candidate will be able to optimize for quality, time or requirements depending on the specific project.
- A bachelor's degree in Statistics/Econometrics or equivalent experience. An advanced degree is preferred
- Great communication and inter-personal skills. Overstock is an incredible place because of the underlying foundation of respect--we are looking for exceptional individuals who exhibit respect and humbleness.
- Experience with SQL, SAS, TeraData, etc.
About the Overstock.com:
Overstock.com Inc. is an online "closeout" retailer offering discount,
brand-name merchandise for sale over the Internet. The company offers
its customers an opportunity to shop for bargains conveniently, while
offering its suppliers an alternative inventory liquidation
distribution channel. Overstock.com is a publicly traded company
listed on the NASDAQ (OSTK), headquartered in Salt Lake City, and can
be found online at www.overstock.com.
Overstock.com is a registered trademark, and Overstock.com Auctions is
a trademark of Overstock.com, Inc. All other trademarks are the
property of their respective companies