From: Patty Smith
Date: 20 Jun 2006
Subject: Palo Alto, CA: Senior Leadership Role in Pricing Analytics at Metreo
Metreo - a Symphony Technology Group portfolio company – is poised
to become the leading vendor of software and consulting solutions that
enhance the ability of manufacturers and distributors to manage their
pricing and profitability.
Metreo is looking for a person to fill the key role of leading
Metreo’s analytics efforts. The title will be based on seniority
and experience. This role requires a hands-on contributor and
leader. The main responsibilities of this role are to provide
managerial and technical direction to a team of analysts, scientists
and developers and be responsible for the quality and timely
completion of projects within the purview of the team. In addition,
this role will have significant influence in defining Metreo’s
solution strategy and will play a key role in sales engagements.
The responsibilities of the pricing analytics team are as follows:
The role will also assist in recruiting additional staff members to
develop and advance Metreo’s capabilities in this area. This role
will collaborate closely with Product Management, Engineering,
Professional Services, and Sales.
- Provide business consulting and professional services to Metreo’s customers on customer segmentation, price management and pricing analysis. The analytics team is responsible for delivering recommendations on segmentation, models and optimal prices.
- Work with professional services teams in deploying models in Metreo software.
- Design, develop and validate data mining, statistical and optimization models and algorithms for customer segmentation, price elasticity estimation and optimal price setting with application to product and services pricing.
- Write functional specifications for the implementation of the algorithms and models in production code and closely with engineering development teams to facilitate implementation of the specs.
- Participate with sales and professional services in pre-sales business case development, ROI analyses, and communication of Metreo’s analytics methodology.
Required Technical Skills:
Required Managerial/Professional Skills
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in statistics, econometrics, operations research or in a related quantitative discipline.
- Hands-on experience in predictive statistical modeling, data analysis and preparation, data mining, optimization.
- Experience in industrial pricing is strongly preferred, however experience in related areas such as retail pricing, revenue management, supply/demand management will also be considered.
- Expertise in the use of tools such as: Matlab, R, S-Plus, SAS.
- Hands-on experience with Relational Databases/SQL.
- Hands-on experience working with large volumes of industrial transaction data such as sales orders, invoices, quotes.
- 7+ years of work experience (post-degree), including at least 2+ years in a leadership role with responsibilities for managing highly skilled teams of analysts and scientists towards successful delivery of analytics results
- Excellent direct customer-facing or sales skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicational skills.
- Proven track record in working with sales and product development teams
Please reply to Patty Smith, email@example.com,
with cover letter and salary requirements.