Date: 12 Jan 2007
Subject: Bellevue, WA: Analyst, Customer Marketing at T-Mobile
T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and
data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where
they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented
lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless
communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our
coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our
service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the
people who make your life come alive. That’s why we’re here.
125104 -- Analyst Customer Marketing
T-Mobile’s Customer Marketing Analytics team has a challenging
opportunity for an Analyst, Customer Marketing. The Analyst will play
an integral role in driving key customer insights to shape Customer
Marketing strategies and tactics for the 20 million subscriber base.
T-Mobile has been recognized by J. D. Power and Associates for its outstanding focus on to customers. The right person in this position will have a clear analytical aptitude and a strong customer orientation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Marketing teams to generate key insights on customer base to shape marketing strategies and tactical programs.
- Analyze the impacts of Customer Marketing campaigns and develop actionable insights to improve the effectiveness of future campaigns. Use statistical concepts and techniques to answer business questions when needed.
- Research, extract, and analyze data from a variety of internal sources in order to answer marketing questions.
- Develop and modify standard reporting solutions that enable users to self-serve on their reporting and data needs using reporting tools.
- Assess data accuracy and suitability for various projects.
Functional and technical skills
- Analytical thinking: must synthesize complex or diverse information, collect and research data, use intuition, business judgment, and critical thinking to complement data.
- Business experience: prior experience in managing changing priorities from different internal customers. Must be able to understand underlying business need, and provide analysis and insights beyond what was originally requested.
- Thoroughness: dedicated to supplying results that have been thoroughly analyzed. Must demonstrate attention to detail, and ensure reliability of final results.
- Planning and organizing: Must prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and provide realistic timelines to internal customers. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communication: Must be able to summarize results and learning concisely to internal customers.
- Self-improvement: Must have a desire to learn new tools, analytical techniques, and internal or external data. Must show ability to act on constructive feedback, and provide feedback to others. Must act like an “owner” of their career plan.
- Professionalism: Must react well under pressure; treat others with respect; take responsibility for their own actions and decisions, and follow through on commitments.
- Minimum of 3 years of analytical experience in marketing, sales, operations, or finance. Direct experience in partnering with internal customers required.
- Knowledge of business statistics required. Experience in building predictive models preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with SAS or SQL or both. SAS certification preferred.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Cognos preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in math, computer science, engineering, statistics, or similar fields is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
T-Mobile USA offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, mobile phone and service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking – not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
For more information, please visit us online at
www.t-mobile.com/jobs and reference Req.# 125104. EOE.