Date: 23 Jan 2007
Subject: San Jose, CA: Paid Search Analytics Manager at eBay
This position will report into the Sr. Manager, Paid Search
Analytics. The overall responsibility is to assess, prepare, and
present key strategic quantitative analyses for the Internet Marketing
Group -- focusing on Paid Search analyses. Dealing with our large paid
search partners, the focus will be on optimizing our keyword buys
using data-driven intelligent analytics. Such analysis will generally
be project based and complex in nature, whereby large volumes of data
are synthesized into actionable recommendations. Extensive use of SAS,
SQL, MS Access and MS Excel is typically involved.
- Position will utilize a broad set of skills including complex data
manipulation, problem solving, project management, and
communication. Drive insights and decision-making for Internet
- Manage ROI analyses that optimize and provide strategic guidance for Internet Marketing by applying superior analytical and data synthesis skills.
- Requires demonstrated skills in fact-based analysis, presentation, and interpersonal interaction that refine the Internet Marketing business plan.
- Attention to detail is a must, as is a passion for the field of Paid Search. High energy and a desire to work in a deadline oriented, fast growth environment.
- Proficient using SAS, SQL, Business Objects, Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of key financial calculations very helpful. Advanced level Excel skills a big plus (eg: Pivot Tables, VBA, Macros, Advanced Formulas & Charting etc)
- Proficiency and hands-on experience in statistical and data mining techniques (Regression, Decision-tree, Cluster Analysis, etc.). Experience with Knowledge Studio software a plus.
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and execute within deadlines on cross functional projects
- The candidate must also excel in strategic planning, project management, business analysis, problem solving, recommendation, and consensus building.
- 6-8 years experience in managing highly quantitative and analytical projects, with significant experience in the field of Data Mining and Statistical Analyses
- BA/BS in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, Business, or other related field. Masters or MBA preferred.
- A passion for understanding and serving the unique community of eBay
Jennifer Daniher, email@example.com