KDnuggetsTM News 08:n03, Feb 6, 2008
| Academic/Research Positions
- Poll Results: Data Miners Income by Region and Employer
- New Poll: Do you want Microsoft to buy Yahoo ?
- Microsoft Bids $44.6 Billion for Yahoo
- 2008 SIGKDD Doctoral Dissertation Award - Nominations due Mar 1
- Tribute to Honor Jim Gray, May 31, UC Berkeley
- KDD-08 Call for Papers (due Feb 23), Workshops, Panels, Tutorials
- Please Participate in 2nd Annual Data Mining Survey
- Top items from KDnuggets News 08:n02, Jan 22
- SAS supercharges predictive analytics
- Feb 26 KXEN Webinar: Recession Marketing Strategies - Adapt, and Take Market Share!
- Data Mining Course Series for Executives, Managers or Practitioners [ April, Las Vegas | June, Wash-DC ]
- New Courses from SAS Training!
- West Yorkshire, UK: Decision Science Analysts at HBOS
- Fountain Valley, CA: Asst. Manager, Portfolio Risk Analysis at Hyundai Motor America / Hyundai Motor Finance Company
- Kirkland, WA: Technical Program Manager at Electronic Evidence Discovery
- East Hartford, CT: Senior Data Scientist at Full Capture Solutions, Inc.,
- Postdoc in ML at NEC Labs, Princeton, NJ, USA
- Data Mining in Data Mining: 10 Algorithms and 10 Challenging Problems
- Avinash Kaushik: 2007 a turning point for Web Analytics
- Analytics and Experiments for Business: An Interview with Super Crunchers Author Ian Ayres
- Can data mining expertise help your career?
- New Report: Mining Graph Data
- IP Addresses Are Personal Data, E.U. Regulator Says
- Experimentation in Marketing - Interview with Ronny Kohavi
- Interview with: Ben Shneiderman | Visualize data
- Users, Analysts and Consultants Agree on KXEN Data Mining Benefits
- ATG Buys CleverSet For $10 Million
- RiverGlass, U. of I. spinout raises $2.4 million
- Nucleus Research Finds SPSS Text Mining Software Reduces Customer Churn By More Than 50 Percent
- Vero Software Plc announces new division - Vero Insight.
- InforSense Launches Next Generation Visualization Solutions, Workflow library
- Toddlers As Data Miners?
- Data mining Digg
- Linguamatics Announces I2E 3.0: Discovering High Value Insights From Text
- Verizon Wireless Calls for Halt to Data Mining of Wireless Phone Numbers
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement new data tool
- Workshop On Social Computing, Behavioral Modeling, And Prediction
- KDD-08 Call For Workshop Proposals, due Feb 15
- KDD-08 Call For Papers: Industrial/Government Applications Track, due Feb 23
- KDD-08 Call for Panel Proposals, due March 15
- NLDB-2008, Applications of Natural Language to Information Systems, due Feb 11 (extended)
Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ICMLC 2008), due Feb 15
ECAI 2008, due Feb 22
PAIS 2008: Prestigious Applications of Intelligent Systems, due Feb 22
JMLR: Mining and Learning with Graphs and Relations, due Feb 25 (abstracts)
ICANN 2008, due Mar 3
Supervised and Unsupervised Ensemble Methods and Applications, due Apr 20
ECML PKDD 2008, due Apr 25
WI-2008: Web Intelligence, due Jul 10
- Call for Book Proposals: Springer Series on AI&KP
The problem with Web analytics 1.0 is that it's an exercise in data torture and reporting with long lags in taking action (if any).
Frequent words/terms in this issue: