Date: 31 Jul 2008
Subject: Hoffman Estates, IL, USA: Technical Manager - Business Analytics at Sears
Job ID: 4655981
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's third largest broad line retailer, with approximately $55 billion in annual revenues, and with approximately 3,800 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Formed in March 2005 from the merger of Sears and Kmart, Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has Martha Stewart Everyday products, which are offered exclusively in the U.S. by Kmart and in Canada by Sears Canada. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 14 million service calls made annually.
For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at http://www.searsholdings.com. Sears Holdings Corporation is committed to improving the lives of our customers by providing quality services, products and solutions that earn their trust and build lifetime relationships. We are proud of our diverse, high-performance team work environment and we strive for continuous improvement through keen focus on growth, effectiveness and a sense of urgency. Individuals who are driven to earn our customers' trust and business every day, who act with integrity, who treat everyone fairly and value diversity, and who are accountable for their actions are welcome to show interest in becoming a member of our winning team.
In this role, you will work with business partners to improve strategic decisions through advanced data mining and customer analytics. Champion data driven insights on customer behavior and lifetime value. Create segmentation schemes to help improve customer acquisition, retention and loyalty. Identify market opportunities. Perform advanced statistical analyses that help detect consumer behavioral patterns and translate findings into business actions that ultimately lead to improved financial results.
- Develop, maintain and enhance statistical models to help generate profitable incremental sales in marketing.
- Develop and own profitable customer contact management strategies to orchestrate our go-to-market programs
- Conceptualize modeling framework, define data requirements, create predictive variables, and coordinate model implementation with other business partners.
- Leverage state-of-the-art data mining tools and modeling techniques to solve business problems.
- Prepare documentation for developed models and provide analysis support for business strategies.
- Set up experimental designs to answer business questions
- Demonstrate leadership by successfully managing medium to large projects
- Use analytics to provide business recommendations to senior management and advise other business partners
- Act as point of contact for Analytics on cross-functional teams
- Provide guidance and help develop more junior associates
- Acquire solid understanding of Sears businesses and learn how to make money
Role specific abilities/skills
- Expertise with multivariate statistical analysis including regression, regression tree, logistic regression, cluster analysis and ANOVA.
- At least 4 to 6 years of applied data mining experience (in disciplines such as credit scoring, financial services marketing, portfolio risk analytics)
- Knowledge of CHAID, CART or other data mining packages
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Proficient in using a broad spectrum of consumer information databases
- Familiarity with industry leading database lists and direct marketing concepts is an added advantage
- Proficiency in SAS, SQL, SAS Macros and other programming tools - ability to perform statistical analysis on large datasets
- The candidate must demonstrate a pattern of success in using advanced quantitative analytic methods to solve business problems
- Very good organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking
Apply URL: http://www.jobtarget.com/c/jobclick.cfm?site=3774&job=4655981
Sears is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.