KDnuggetsTM News 09:n14, Jul 29, 2009
- Netflix Prize contest dramatic finish - and winner is ...
- Poll Results: Should Prescription Data Mining be banned?
- New Poll: Will machines outsmart humans and can we control it?
- IBM buys SPSS for $1.2 billion
- Text Analytics New & Noteworthy, July 2009
- 2009 IEEE ICDM Research Contributions and Outstanding Service Awards
- Top items from KDnuggets News 09:n13, Jul 16
- SupplierEvaluations: B2B community for Supply Chain Management
- Zementis ADAPA ready for PMML 4.0
- Data Mining: Levels I, II & III [ August, Denver | October, Wash-DC ]
- Tools for Discovering Patterns in Data, Sep 14-15, Charlottesville, VA
- Chicago area, IL: Supply Chain Analytical Team - multiple positions at a large manufacturing company
- Indianapolis, IN, USA: Computational Biologist-Systems Biology at Dow AgroSciences LLC
- Rockville, MD: Specialist-KDD at FINRA
- Cambridge, MA: Senior Manager of Analytics - Online Advertising at Akamai
- Seattle, WA: Postdoc in ML/Bioinformatics at U. Washington
- SAS M2009 is set for Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, October 26-27
- Program Announced for Predictive Analytics World - Oct in DC
- 6 BI Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
- Latest from KDnuggets Data Mining Forums
- Digital Eyes Will Chart Baseballís Unseen Skills
- New Book: Data Mining X: Data Mining, Protection, Detection and Other Security Technologies
- Linear Probability, Logit, and Probit Models: How Do They Differ?
- Scientists Worry Machines May Outsmart Man
- New Book: Modeling and Data Mining in Blogosphere
- The Problem with Free Analytics is Still People and Process
- Columnar databases, appliances, cloud computing top BI trends
- Razorfish Proposes Social Influence Score
- Yale researchers create database-Hadoop hybrid
- Staking out newspaper survival in Web analytics
- Xerox unveils E-mail Analytics tool
- Mixpanel: A faster, simpler Google Analytics?
- New Company Finds Buried Treasure In Human Resource Databases
- NASA Intelligent Data Understanding, due Aug 15
INFORMS Data Mining Student Paper Award, due Aug 15
Digital Humanities and Computer Science (DHCS), due Aug 30
Privacy-Preserving Sharing of Sensitive Information, due Oct 15
Social Learning, due Nov 7
Hindsight = Coulda + Shoulda + Woulda