From: Osmar Zaiane
Date: 14 Jul 2003
Subject: KDD 2003: 9th ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Washington, D.C., Aug 24-27
The Ninth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on
Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
Washington, DC, USA. August 24 - 27, 2003
- Jim Gray (Microsoft Research)
- Daphne Koller (Stanford University)
- Andreas Weigend (Amazon.com)
- 34 presentations and 36 posters for research track
- 13 presentations and 10 posters for industry/government track
- Information Extraction from the World Wide Web
- Multi-Relational Data Mining
- Data Mining for Computer Security
- Data Mining for Machine Learners
- Privacy-Preserving Data Mining
- Sequence Data Mining Techniques and Applications
- The Top 10 Data Mining Mistakes -- and How to Avoid Them
- Workshop on Operational Text Classification
- Workshop on Link Analysis
- Workshop on Data Mining in Bioinformatics (BIOKDD03)
- Workshop on Multi-relational Data Mining (MRDM 2003)
- WebKDD2003: WebMining as a Premise to Intelligent and Effective Web Applications
- KDD03 Workshop on Data Cleaning, Record Linkage and Object Consolidation
- Fractals and Self Similarity in Data Mining: Issues and Approaches
- MDM/KDD 2003: Integrated Media Mining
- Data Mining Standards, Services and Platforms
KDD 2003 will be held in Washington DC and will be hosted at
the Hilton Washington and Towers on 1919 Connecticut Avenue NW in the
middle of the US capital city close to all major attractions.
Washington DC doesn't need publicity. The museums, the historical
buildings, the monuments, the memorials, the historical sites, etc. make it
one of the most attractive cities in the world.
Come and join us at KDD and enjoy your stay in Washington DC.
Please visit our web site for more details about the program.
The registration is on-line. The early-bird registration is before
July 23, 2003.