From: Randolph, Anitra
Date: 7 Oct 2003
Subject: Fairfax, VA: Data Mining Analyst - Product Development (Mid or Senior Level) at Mantas
Do you want to build pattern libraries that monitor operations for
some of the world's best-known, largest, and most sophisticated
financial institutions? Are you interested in using sophisticated
data mining technologies and knowledge acquisition methods to find
interesting business behaviors? Would like to see your ideas being
implemented and applied to achieve critical business objectives?
If this sounds interesting to you, and if you think you have what it
takes to meet this challenge, then you should consider Mantas, a
company that develops products based on YOUR area of
expertise...business analytics and data mining!
Mantas' data mining analysts participate in multiple product
development efforts and engagement projects. The successful applicant
will work closely with product managers, subject matter experts, and
other team members to build pattern libraries by using a variety of
data mining technologies and analytical methods.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collection and preparation of client's data for analysis,
- Interaction with domain experts to define behavior detection patterns,
- Discovery of patterns hidden in the data by using a suite of data mining algorithms
- Refinement of pattern definitions based on data samples,
- Development of the production quality pattern libraries
- Tuning and validation of pattern libraries deployed on customer sites
- Interaction with software engineers to enhance functionality of the Mantas products
- Travel on some projects may reach up to 30%
The work is diversified and challenging, and the position offers the right candidate excellent professional and leadership opportunities with tremendous career potential.
To qualify for this opportunity, candidates should have the right
balance of the problem solving abilities, technical hands-on data
analysis skills, financial business knowledge, and intellectual
curiosity that are essential for knowledge discovery tasks.
Specific requirements include:
To apply, email to Anitra_Randolph@mantas.com
- Solid interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience performing data analysis tasks using tools like SPSS/Clementine, SAS, SQL Developer, MS Access, MS Excel.
- Knowledge of predictive, statistical, or mathematical modeling, and data mining methods like for instance decision trees, association rules, clustering, regression methods, neural nets.
- Graduate or undergraduate level degree focused on data analysis methodologies in business, scientific, or engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry is preferred
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles, and working knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, Sybase, UDB, SQLServer.
- Experience with MS Windows / NT or Unix operating systems
- Working knowledge of the software engineering principles