KDnuggetsTM News 05:n20, Oct 25, 2005
- Poll results: real-time data for predictions of consumer behavior
- New Poll: Place of Data Mining group(s) in Your Organization ?
- Exclusive Interview with Usama Fayyad, Yahoo Chief Data Officer
- Usama Fayyad Interview, 2: on data mining challenges
- Usama Fayyad Interview, 3: on digiMine
- Usama Fayyad Interview, 4: on DMX Group and consulting lessons
- Get started with Oracle Data Mining self-study tutorial (Free)
- IRIX distribution for MineSet now available to download
- Free SPSS Data Mining Tips Guide ... see how data mining gets results!
- Webcast: Why Data Mining is a Necessity for the 21st Century
- Webcast: Will automated predictive modeling be your competitive edge?
- DATA MINING: Levels I, II & III [ Las Vegas: Dec | Orlando: Jan ]
- NEW! SAS Functions by Example, San Francisco, Dec 15
- Salford Data Mining Conference, San Diego, March 2006
- Stephenville, TX: Research Statistician at Planning Systems Inc
- Bellevue, WA: Sr. Statistical Modeler at Intelligent Results
- San Jose, CA, USA: Manager, Models & Analytical Reporting at PayPal Inc.
- Seattle, WA: Research Scientist/Statistician at Insightful
- Columbus, OH, USA: Analytical Consultants at BrainWorks, Inc.
- Columbus, OH, USA: Sr. Statistician at BrainWorks, Inc.
- Newark, DE: Knowledge Discovery & Data Mining Software Scientist at Quantum Leap Innovations
- Palo Alto, CA, USA: Datamining Engineer at traffic information startup
- Wilmington, DE, USA: Decision Science Statistician - Job number 050045629 at JPMorgan Chase
- Singapore: Lead Scientist - Knowledge Discovery at I2R
- Chicago, IL: Visiting Research Scientist at the National Center for Data Mining, UIC
- Oak Ridge, TN: Post-doc, Post-Masters Positions in Knowledge Discovery at ORNL
- New journal: ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD)
- ODBMS.ORG Launches Educational Portal on Object Databases
- KDD Cup Data and Results - in one place
- PKDD/ECML2005 keynote
- Text Mining for Finding Opportunities and Threats to Reputation
- SAS voted Best Data Mining and Text Mining Tool by Intelligent Enterprise Readers
- Do You Squidoo?
- Database Firms Look Beyond Response To Profitability
- Siebel New Real-Time Predictive Analytics
- Cranes Software Licenses Equbits Predictive Modeling Framework
- Intelligent Enterprise Readers Choice Awards related to Data Mining
- Sane Solutions announces partnerships with eCommerce, online marketing and specialized analytics vendors
- U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Awards $780,000 contract to Insightful
- Securities Fraud Targeted by New Computing Tool
- Yahoo Tech Buzz Game
- Combining Google Maps with flights, census, jobs, ...
- Workshop on Data Mining at the Fields Institute, 10-12 Nov, Toronto, Canada
- Book chapters: KDD Challenges and Realities with Real World Data, due Nov 1 (chapter proposals)
SETN'06: Hellenic Conf. on AI, due Nov 7
FLAIRS 2006, due Nov 21
CBR Special Track At FLAIRS 06, due Nov 21 (new)
PaRMa'06: Pattern Representation and Management, due Dec 13
Call for Chapters: Data Mining Patterns: New Methods and Applications, due Dec 15
ISI-2006: Intelligence and Security Informatics, due Jan 20
Leipzig ICDM, due Jan 22
Any statistic that appears interesting
is almost certainly a mistake.
Twyman's Law (Thanks to Ronny Kohavi)