KDnuggetsTM News 06:n02, Jan 24, 2006
- Poll Results: Clustering is the top text mining task
- New Poll: New Topics for KDnuggets Forums
- What is your dangerous idea?
- KDD-06 Call for Panels, Industrial/Government Track Papers
- Poem on Trees and Data Mining
- Company Profile: Data Shaping Solutions
- Free SPSS Text Mining report -- Make your unstructured text data count!
- SPSS' New Product Will Significantly Boost CRM, Marketing & Fraud Detection
- Short course: Statistical Learning and Data Mining, Palo Alto, Apr 3-4
- US-VA-Arlington, US-MD-Rockville: Systems Engineer 3 (or higher) - 05002544 at SAS Institute Inc.
- Chicago, IL or Ann Arbor, MI, USA: Sr. Web Analyst at Fry, Inc.
- San Jose, CA, USA: Senior Risk Modeler at PayPal
- Chicago, IL: Research Programmer/Engineer at National Center for Data Mining at UIC
- Redmond, WA: Fraud Metrics Analyst, Job Code: 147633 at Microsoft
- Pleasanton, CA: Data Warehouse Analyst at Providian Financial
- Washington, D.C., USA: Researcher, spatial forecasting (US Citizenship, Secret Clearance required) at Spatial Data Analytics Corporation
- Redmond, WA, USA: (Data Mining) Software Development Engineer at Microsoft
- Central London, UK: Senior Developer - Personalisation at lastminute.com
- Postdoc and PhD positions in Machine Learning at NUI Galway and TCD
- New Books: Querying XML and Commonsense Reasoning
- Jeff Ullman course on Web Mining
- New book "Exploratory Analysis of Spatial and Temporal Data"
- Article: Combining ethnographic and clickstream data to identify user browsing strategies
- Revenue Science Gets $25 million in funding
- Xerox Taps Data Mining To Improve Sales Forecasts
- Stanford/Packard Scientist's Data-Mining Technique Strikes Genetic Gold
- Inforsense KDE 3.0 Released: Enabling Decision-Making Enterprise-Wide
- IBM makes Unstructured Information Management Architecture (UIMA) Open Source
- SAS Positioned in the Leader Quadrant for Customer Data Mining
- 4th Atlantic Web Intelligence Conference 2006 (AWIC 2006), due Feb 5
KDD-06 Industrial/Government Applications, due Mar 3
KDD-06 Panels Proposals, due Mar 7
Successful Real-World Data Mining Applications, SIGKDD Explorations spec. issue, due Apr 3
ECML/PKDD-2006, due Apr 26
CIARP-2006, due May 19
ALT 2006, due May 25
An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.