From: Laura Hafer
Date: 03 Oct 2006
Subject: San Diego, CA: Quality Data Analyst at Continuous Computing Corporation
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Quality databases, data analysis, and Quality metrics reporting.
- Will create, upgrade, and maintain databases that collect and analyze data for Quality trends, Factory Yields, Supplier Quality, Defect Pareto charts, and Nonconformance data to ensure compliance with company quality standards.
- Supports Quality Improvement and Warranty reduction team activities by providing detailed data analysis.
- Interfaces, extracts and attaches data from other company databases (ERP, PDM, etc) to support Quality analysis & reporting.
- Train and support users to input data and create reports.
- Work with Director of Quality and Senior Manager of Corporate IT to assure interface with other company systems, compliance with ISO requirements, and to plan for future features and storage requirements.
Continuous Computing provides Network Service-Ready Platforms that
enable telecom equipment manufacturers to rapidly deploy converged
communications. Over 150 customers benefit from accelerated time to
market and reduced project risk and complexity - including Alcatel,
Cisco, Ericsson, Lucent, Motorola, Nortel, Samsung and
Siemens. Continuous Computing offers wireless, VoIP and IMS building
blocks featuring Trillium protocol software and AdvancedTCA and
CompactPCI hardware. Continuous Computing is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and offers generous benefits to its employees.
- BS in Information Systems, Engineering, or related experience.
- 5+ years minimum experience initiating and managing complex MS Access databases.
- Expert understanding/application of MS Excel and understanding/basic experience with Visual Basic and SQL. Advanced abilities in MS Access Query creation and data analysis methods.
- Experience in an ISO 9000 certified electronics manufacturing company preferred.
- ERP/MRP & PDM database understanding and experience with attaching/sharing tables
- Quality Assurance experience and understanding of Warranty/RMA/Service processes preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to interact at all level of the company in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Demonstrated skills in managing time and performing multiple tasks simultaneously to effectively work in a fast-paced company requiring time beyond the normal workweek.
- Located in San Diego, CA.
Please submit your resume at: www.ccpu.com (go to Careers tab)